Thread: Beagle Pup now released

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks great

good to see a quility freewaredoes it howl like my beagles?thanks h
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

Well, unfortunately it does not work in the latest version of P3D. I mentioned it earlier and Rob passed on a version that I thought had fixed it, however it does not. If all switches are off, the airplane is fine, turn on the Avionics and Battery switches still fine. . . .hit the start switch and it shoots to 20,000' while tumbling head over heels. Go with an autostart option and it does the same. Too bad.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Well, unfortunately it does not work in the latest version of P3D. I mentioned it earlier and Rob passed on a version that I thought had fixed it, however it does not. If all switches are off, the airplane is fine, turn on the Avionics and Battery switches still fine. . . .hit the start switch and it shoots to 20,000' while tumbling head over heels. Go with an autostart option and it does the same. Too bad.
    That's odd as I'm using V3.4 without issues.

Quote Originally Posted by CavOk View Post
    That's odd as I'm using V3.4 without issues.
    Is it this version? V3.4.18.19475

Current System Specs:

I even loaded Rob's Beagle Bassett and that one is fine....flying it right now. Not the Pup though.

Current System Specs:

I was wondering whether the rotating beacon switch was causing the somersaulting, but it doesn't always happen. I have seen it in both FSX and P3d, though.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Is it this version? V3.4.18.19475
    That's the one and the sim connect is version 3.4.0.0
    I've just downloaded the P3D V from Robs web site and I can find no difference except there's now an extra repaint thrown in.

That's the one and the sim connect is version 3.4.0.0
    I've just downloaded the P3D V from Robs web site and I can find no difference except there's now an extra repaint thrown in.
    Yep, it's the one he posted in this thread apparently, but it doesn't work for me. No idea why. . .it just doesn't. No idea what simconnect version I have, whatever was installed with this latest version I assume.

Current System Specs:

Try as I might I cant replicate the problems your having, my P3D is V3.4.18.19475.
    How about re-naming your P3D cfg.file and let it rebuild, you can always delete the new file and re-name the old one back if that's not the problem.
    Could be some other software affecting this aircraft

For what it's worth, my P3d is 3.4.14.18870.

Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post
    Try as I might I cant replicate the problems your having, my P3D is V3.4.18.19475.
    How about re-naming your P3D cfg.file and let it rebuild, you can always delete the new file and re-name the old one back if that's not the problem.
    Could be some other software affecting this aircraft
    I went to your site again and downloaded the update. As far as I could tell (dates, file sizes, times, etc) it was the same one you posted a link to yesterday. Anyway, I deleted the one I had, installed this one. I was flying the Beagle Bassett at the time as I wanted to see if that airplane showed any signs of having a problem. . .it was fine. I landed, parked but left the engines running and switched to the Pup. Loaded fine, sitting there steady as a rock. Been fine ever since and I just completed a short flight from Provincetown (KPVC) to Cape Cod (1B2). It's a mystery, but for now it appears to be ok.

Current System Specs:

I went to your site again and downloaded the update. As far as I could tell (dates, file sizes, times, etc) it was the same one you posted a link to yesterday. Anyway, I deleted the one I had, installed this one. I was flying the Beagle Bassett at the time as I wanted to see if that airplane showed any signs of having a problem. . .it was fine. I landed, parked but left the engines running and switched to the Pup. Loaded fine, sitting there steady as a rock. Been fine ever since and I just completed a short flight from Provincetown (KPVC) to Cape Cod (1B2). It's a mystery, but for now it appears to be ok.
    Great news, that's a bit of a relief for me, hope it stays that way!

I'm using the same version of P3D as Falcon. THe latest Pup version is fine for me. I flew it last night. I should add that I need to have aircraft stress switched off however. If aircraft stress is on in the realism options, the Pup overstresses immediately on loading.

Mike

SOH-CM-2023
    With Robs agreement I have just uploaded to FlightSim an update to the FDE which I hope brings this superb model nearer to reality.
    Keith

Nice airplane, fun to fly. Thanks for making it.

SOH-CM-2023
    Now available over at Flightsim

beagle_pup_fde_updatev1_0.zip

I hope that this brings its performance near to reality, as I found it over powered, & dimensions were not correct.

Superb modelling by Rob.

Keith

Beagles? We have a small pack!
    Great little dogs and your 'Beagle Pup' is very nice Rob.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post
    Now available over at Flightsim

beagle_pup_fde_updatev1_0.zip

I hope that this brings its performance near to reality, as I found it over powered, & dimensions were not correct.

Superb modelling by Rob.

Keith
    I must agree this is a superb free-ware model thank you to Rob.
    As for performance I've flown this type and I find the pitch stability in this update to be a bit lively and therefore I've tweaked the Flight Tuning in the aircraft cfg back to
    Pitch Stability = 2.0.
    One other thing I can't see how the altimeter can be reset as there doesn't seem to be a calibration knob?

Once again nice one Rob keep um coming

Mike

SOH-CM-2023
    As for performance I've flown this type and I find the pitch stability in this update to be a bit lively and therefore I've tweaked the Flight Tuning in the aircraft cfg back to
    Pitch Stability = 2.0.

Mike
    Mike thank you that is where you have the advantage as I've never flown one, so good to have feedback from one who has. I thought it was a bit sluggish & slow to respond!
    Keith

Hi,
    I'm testing this plane for use in FSEconomy, it's a very nice looking plane but I find the mixture control doesn't work as expected.

Whatever the mixture setting or altitude the engine runs the same and burns around the same amount of fuel.
    I don't have automixture set and have a wide variety of piston planes that require and reward correct use of mixture...

Do other people see this?
    Have I misunderstood something?

Cheers
    Keith

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I have not installed the revised FDE as I have downloaded the version for P3D V3.4. The one thing that did concern me was the idle speed when the engine was running and sitting on the tarmac. Most of my aircraft by default (warbirds and airliners included) had an average idle speed of 750RPM. I have made a change that gets me that idle speed. I have included it below:

[piston_engine]
    power_scalar = 1.3 //Piston power scalar
    cylinder_displacement= 90.3 //Cubic inches per cylinder
    compression_ratio= 8.5 //Compression ratio
    number_of_cylinders=4 //Number of cylinders
    max_rated_rpm= 3500 //Max rated RPM
    max_rated_hp= 160 //Max rated HP
    fuel_metering_type= 2 //0=Fuel Injected, 1=Gravity Carburetor, 2=Aerobatic Carburetor
    cooling_type= 0 //0=Cooling type Air, 1=Cooling type Liquid
    normalized_starter_torque= 0.3 //Starter torque factor
    turbocharged= 0 //Is it turbocharged? 0=FALSE, 1=TRUE
    max_design_mp= 35 //Max design manifold pressure, (inHg)
    min_design_mp= 15 //Min design manifold pressure, (inHg)
    critical_altitude= 0 //Altitude to which the turbocharger will provide max design manifold pressure (feet)
    emergency_boost_type= 0 //0=None, 1=Water Injection, 2=Methanol/Water injection, 3=War Emergency Power
    emergency_boost_mp_offset= 0 //Additional manifold pressure supplied by emergency boost
    emergency_boost_gain_offset= 0 //Multiplier on manifold pressure due to emergency boost
    fuel_air_auto_mixture= 1 //Automixture available? 0=FALSE, 1=TRUE
    auto_ignition= 1 //Auto-Ignition available? 0=FALSE, 1=TRUE
    max_rpm_mechanical_efficiency_scalar= 1.0 //Scalar on maximum RPM mechanical efficiency
    //idle_rpm_mechanical_efficiency_scalar= 1.0 //Scalar on idle RPM mechanical efficiency
    idle_rpm_mechanical_efficiency_scalar= .75
    max_rpm_friction_scalar= 1.0 //Scalar on maximum RPM friction
    idle_rpm_friction_scalar= 1.0 //Scalar on idle RPM friction

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

I've just noticed that shift+e opens the pilots door in the VC but it doesn't show in other views. Similarly the passenger door although it needs shift+3.
    Mike

I've just noticed that shift+e opens the pilots door in the VC but it doesn't show in other views. Similarly the passenger door although it needs shift+3.
    I think this varies depending on which download version you are using, as do the animations for the parking brake and fuel on/off.

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    I think this varies depending on which download version you are using, as do the animations for the parking brake and fuel on/off.
    Spot on so I've changed the model folder back to the original as I'm using the P3D version. Annimations now show.
    Thanks
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Hi,
    I'm testing this plane for use in FSEconomy, it's a very nice looking plane but I find the mixture control doesn't work as expected.

Whatever the mixture setting or altitude the engine runs the same and burns around the same amount of fuel.
    I don't have automixture set and have a wide variety of piston planes that require and reward correct use of mixture...
    So my problem was
    fuel_air_auto_mixture= 1
    which I thought meant automixture was allowed, but actually it forces automixture on - changing the value to 0 restores the function of the mixture lever

BTW, if you are using the original aircraft.cfg you should at least set max_rated_rpm=2700

Cheers
    Keith

Members who have read this thread: 2