JSS C-160 (My take on this new model) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JSS C-160 (My take on this new model)

TiAr, I got the new VC paints this morning and tested them. They look and run great!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by doublecool View Post
    I know this aircaft was not really used for Commercial/cargo but anyone thought of maybe a worn Cargo hauler for the north west
    Something like this?

Thomas

Very nice Thomas

and your VC textures

Oh and flewpastu the USGC fits her like a glove...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

Nice repaint Thomas , thanks double cool

Bill

Great work of all you repainters - all your work are very appreciated ! Thomas, after i saw your reworked vc-textures - i could not longer resist and bought the "Trall" last day
    In the description i read there will be a paintkit included - can anyone tell me please where i could find it ?

Thanks to all who share their work here

All the Best

Dirk

Edit: SOLVED - found the paintkit !!

Tried everything mentinoned here. Re-installed, applied Patch 1a. No way to avoid Px System Alarms. Finally un-installed, waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Okay, the FUN STUFF, the Pressurization System. IMHO, this system as modeled has some bugs still as if you ever get a Pressurization System Alarm, there is no way to silence it and it usually stays hung even if you descend to a safe altitude or land. The Dev is aware of this and I'm sure it will be fixed but in the meantime, here is how to stay out of trouble with the Pressurization System. As a general rule, after you've set the Cabin Altitude for the proper Cruise Altitude Differential, you must climb the cabin within 500ft of your Vertical Speed, in other words, if you're climbing at the average optimum climb profile for the C-160, your climb rate will be 1000ft per minute and your cabin climb should be 500FPM and when you descend, use the same rule. Also regarding the descent, first start your descent before changing the target cabin altitude and then starting to descend the cabin. Just make sure both descent rates are within 500FPM of each other. The screens of how the system should be configured are fairly self-explanatory, first make sure the Pressure Relief Valve is Closed (Switch down and guarded), set the desired Cruise Altitude, then after you get airborne, begin to climb the cabin by rolling the Rate of Climb Control until the Rate of Climb Gauge shows the climb rate being within 500ft of the VSI indicated Climb Rate.

Quote Originally Posted by narah View Post
    Tried everything mentinoned here. Re-installed, applied Patch 1a. No way to avoid Px System Alarms. Finally un-installed, waste of time.
    Sorry to hear that, It was frustrating to me as well but after testing and feeling out the quirks of the system, I had no trouble keeping the systems stable.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you all here for asking about releasing of Lynden Trall. I am in contact with Lynden asking for permission to use their copyrighted logos or signs on repaint. Anyway, repaint is on hold until I have proper permission.

Thomas

"No way to avoid Px System Alarms." - maybe the sound file can be ID'd and disabled?

Quote Originally Posted by MustangL2W View Post
    How about something painted real plain or covert like a Mercenary or "Contractors" Airplane? Use it to fly the Sandbox or in Africa.
    Perhaps there is something for you.

Shows ex. Pelita PK-PTP in realistic paint scheme with "modern" Irish registration EI-STX of Contractors Group. Hope it is plain enough.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by flibinite View Post
    "No way to avoid Px System Alarms." - maybe the sound file can be ID'd and disabled?
    That is possible with a Null Sound File being re-labeled to the original sound file name and overwriting it (taking care to back up the original files).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mystery-Bird: Since 2011, there are rumors out, that in Africa a civil registrated C-160 is airworthy. Fact is, that Phib Aviations offered a Transall for wetlease since 2015. It was used 2014/2015 for a mining company in Congo. My investigations around this uniqe bird shows, it was an Indonesian C-160 NG went out for Pelita and later for Mannungal Air. I am quite sure, this is PK-VTS, but no exact informations available.

Anyway, I am working on this nice repaint - it shows at least TR-AAW, a Gabon registrated C-160. Two year later, all informations about this bird are irregular. If you have some informations of this bird, you are more than welcome.

Thomas

Just uploaded three new civil JSS Transall C-160NG repaints, waiting for moderators:

TR-AAW of Phab Aviation (picture see above)

PK-PTP of Pelita in United Nations color scheme. The Transall C-160NG, c/n: F234, operated 1992 for UN. 1997 in service as PK-VTP for Manunggal Air until 2001. Crashed on landing at Jayapura-Sentani 15.6.2001. Written off.

N504LC of Global Air Cargo. Global Air Cargo is a fictitious carrier, specialized in transportation of wild life animals. You can use the GAC Transall all over the world.

Thomas

Wip Turkish Air Force 69-032. This bird is already in service.

Thomas

Love the paints TiAr

animal Cargo hauler

Thanks for your work on this beasty

WIP. If you ever want to fly to Papua New Guinea. Take this one.

Thomas

Is there a FMC or GTN750 or even a GNS530 mod for this awesome bird. These default 500's are ....
    Anneke

I just uploaded 3 real and 1 fictitious repaints.

one is Turkish Air Force 69-032 and Manunggal VT-VTS.

Here the new ones without pictures.

Its Pelita Air Service Transall C-160NG PK-PTO “Kuru Tidur” in 1996 paint scheme. CN F233. Aircraft was used by Pelita from 1985 until 1996. Came to Manunggal Air Service as PK-VTR in 1997 until 2004. Was stored for years in Jakarta-Halim. Rumors out this bird is last airworthy civil registrated C-160 in 2017, flying in Africa. See also Phab Aviation TR-AAW.

And one more Global Air Cargo Transall C160 NG in a more plain painting. Many people are asking about it.

Thomas

Just uploaded Pelita Air Service Transall C-160NG PK-PTX “Sintang” in 1992 paint scheme. CN F205. Aircraft was handed over to Pelita Air Service in 1982. Was used by Indonesian AF/TNI-AU. Back in service by Pelita untlil 1996. Probably scrapped at Jakarta Harlim. History unclear.

With this repaint I did all civil registratad C160 paint schemes ever except for the French and German demonstrators.

Hope you like them.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    Is there a FMC or GTN750 or even a GNS530 mod for this awesome bird. These default 500's are ....
    Totally agree... the GTN would sit nicely on the pedestal, if an FMC is out of the question...

A
    Per Ardua ad Astra

French textures

Hi,

While I was looking for a CN-235 today I saw the the French Air Force site has a few paints for this bird.

http://www.fafzone.fr/

I'm kind of tempted to get it now. It looks a lot (a bit?) like a 235 too.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post

Thomas
    Hello Thomas,
    I have all of your wonderful paints...except this one. Were you able to upload this one? I can't seem to find it.
    Thanks for all the work you put into these.

-Bob

Sorry Bob, there is no upload possible. I didn´t get permission to publish copyrighted logos or fonts of Lynden.

Anyway, there is my last repaint for now:

It shows civil registered german MBB demonstrator D-AMBA in 1981 paint scheme. Cn: D104. Later in 1981 to German Air Force as 50+67 and was loaned to Indonisian Air Force/Pelita as PK-PTC for relocation (remigration) project. Back to German Air Force as 50+67 in 1982. In service until today.

Thomas

Members who have read this thread: 1