New Calclassic Convair 440 in the works

Thread: New Calclassic Convair 440 in the works

New Calclassic Convair 440 in the works

...courtesy of Bernward Bockheim, who previously did the excellent Fokker 27.

http://calclassic.proboards.com/thre...40-new-project

Out-Bloody-Standing!!
    One of the reasons I keep a 'Silver Wings' version of FS9 on my system.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

This is just one of the reasons to keep FS9 installed. I have a standard version of FS9, Golden Wings and Silver Wings installed. They all run very smooth. Over the years I have been able to improve the looks (mainly with freeware!), that there are some areas which I think look better in my FS9 installs than they do in my reasonably modified FSX.

The fact FS9 is less complicated makes me fly FS9 currently far more than FSX.

It is really nice to see this one will also have his upgrade for FS9 as it absolutely belongs in Silver Wings.

Cheers,
    Huub

As far as I know, Bernie uses FSX, but models to FS9 standards in FSDS, so porting it over will be easy enough.

I've sent him my 580 upgrade source file a while ago and recognize some bits from it in his model. Time permitting, I'd do the reverse and at least try to finish the job.

Hey Bjoern, thanks for the HU! I've been keeping an eye out for this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post
    Hey Bjoern, thanks for the HU! I've been keeping an eye out for this one!
    This is such a beautiful model! Are there any repaints for it? There are even more paints on the development thread http://calclassic.proboards.com/thre...scrollTo=72246, but they are not included in the Beta package. I wonder if they will be released eventually, or if the model is still being developed. The thread here certainly does not seem to have generated much response.

Progress on this project does seem to be very slow.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

This is the release thread:
    http://calclassic.proboards.com/thre...air-cv340-beta

Any updates will take their time. Bernie is a busy guy and real life comes before community-based add-on greed.

Just gave her a spin. Nice beta!!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0