New planes and repaints wishlist for FSX - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New planes and repaints wishlist for FSX

A Kz 4

Or basically any Non American / Non English high end payware classic aircraft. There´s a whole world outside these 2 countrys, but the flightsim business seems to have forgotten that.

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    F4D Skyray. Done to the visual standard like the VS F9F or better. This bird was a real record holder, pioneer and designed by a self-educated engineer!
    Didn't RAZBAM have one of those?

Reply to post button not working on firefox+ arch so ...

Mejborn : "Or basically any Non American / Non English high end payware classic aircraft. There´s a whole world outside these 2 countrys, but the flightsim business seems to have forgotten that. "

So have the paying public.

No commercial developer is going to spend the time/effort/sweat in making a commercially obscure aircraft that, compared to a more common subject, only a handful of people will buy. If the public only want P51 mustangs and more importantly only buy p51 mustangs then the public gets p51 mustangs.

Take a look at the automotive business. SUV's are the predominant cars that people buy, therefore the industry makes more SUV's.

Indeed yes, it's a market driven economy, even if it's a virtual one.

Quote:"Take a look at the automotive business. SUV's are the predominant cars that people buy, therefore the industry makes more SUV's."Unquote.
    Going to be interesting when our Governments (State or Federal) finally push through legislation to raise Registration and TPI to a considerably higher level on these bloody barges.
    It will happen sooner rather than later ........
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Indeed yes, it's a market driven economy, even if it's a virtual one.

Quote:"Take a look at the automotive business. SUV's are the predominant cars that people buy, therefore the industry makes more SUV's."Unquote.
    Going to be interesting when our Governments (State or Federal) finally push through legislation to raise Registration and TPI to a considerably higher level on these bloody barges.
    It will happen sooner rather than later ........
    Well, it has already happened many years ago in several countrys. Like where I live..

Well, Aerosoft will hopefully release their Pilatus Porter one day in the future. Besides that we´ll have accept the P51 ´s and the Cessna twins in all their different flavors, or just fly with what we already have. Its ok... Just a bit boring.

All the points above regarding the supply and demand of payware are spot on.

However this thread didn't single out payware at the start! I see the less profitable types as being fair game for freeware designers. Hopefully threads like these might be read by such and provide inspiration and encouragement...

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Didn't RAZBAM have one of those?
    Alphasim/Virtavia.

Dave

Ah, Virtavia. I'm getting old.

Regarding SUVs: I wish the managers responsible of flooding the market with these automotive abominations would go to jail right along with the idiotic VW manger who waved that emission manipulation software through. And that Housewife McSoccermomface would finally realize that a compact does the trick just as well, if not better.

Bjoern,
    I get really pissed when a see a (roughly) A$150,000 AMG Benz (all two tons of it!) race past me driven by a women with a couple of brats on board.
    And of course, this is standard practice where the posted speed limit is 100K......................
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Steady lads...steady...

When we had our two kids we were also starting our sailing career. We used to get both boys, a large Dalmation and several sailbags plus and outboard in a Nissan 280z with a 350 chev conversion. Absolutely necessary if you're going to tow a trailer sailor like we did back then.

These days, as soon as there is a slight chance a woman is pregnant, she buys a Kenworth. What size are the babies they've got "on board"?

Easy....We've got 3 and, I'm the soccer coach but Alas if only I could afford an AMG...Honda pilot....fitting though....
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Bjoern,
    I get really pissed when a see a (roughly) A$150,000 AMG Benz (all two tons of it!) race past me driven by a women with a couple of brats on board.
    And of course, this is standard practice where the posted speed limit is 100K......................
    I see we've gone way off topic....but....

As a person who 'observes' motor racing, and thus writing the reports that describe what happened in 'that crash' in F1...MotoGP...et al, I have to essentially 'laugh' at the SUV owner's stupidity when almost invariably when hit by a 'normal' car it is they who end up upside-down in a ditch, not the 'normal car'.
    Their claim to 'safety' is a fantasy fueled by ignorance of actual dynamics.

But...
    Getting back to the actual topic....
    What's actually NEEDED is/are many planes which are already available [but old] dragged screaming into current standards of modelling. Almost all of the older releases could benefit hugely from VC reworking to the standards of our beloved C-47, for example...

That would definitely be cool if some people/companies went back and re-did some of their older models. Lots of planes are nicely modeled, but the cockpit is not great to look like for long periods of time.

Ryan
    Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

http://gac16.blogspot.com/

Check out my sceneries here on SOH

In I was the altruistic king of my own little kingdom.
    SUV´s would be banned for ever and American/English payware flightsim aircraft would be banned for 2 years.

So, back on the back on topic: The idea of freshened up textures and a new VC is really good and I will give one that is actually really good already. It has a very good FDE and a good model, but it doesnt like P3D and the VC is a bit long in the teeth. The fs9 converted to FSX Robin DR 221

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Yes there is one, its being converted from a DCS model to a FSX model, sorry its not my place to say anymore
    &
    Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Yes, there's something "serious" going on, but it is a bit early to go into details. We have to get the project organized first. As far as I can see this is going to be really good.

Cheers,
    Mark
    Jeansy&Mark,

thank you very much for that info regarding the upcoming Caribou model project.No further questions then.
    Looking forward to it .It is one quite interesting aircraft in my opinion.

Kind regards,

Oliver

Ban them. Ban them all!

Another pet peeve is big block engines in pick-ups/jeeps vehicles and Harley Davidsons. What a disgusting sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    I see we've gone way off topic....but....
    Not that the thread was worth anything to begin with...

But if you think that a refurbishment is all that's needed, I still need better VC textures for the L-39, F-27 and the 737-200.

MIG-21
    MIG-23
    MIG-29
    F-16I Sufa
    IAI Kfir
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails soh2.png  

Will I also get banned?? I am about to buy a SUV.

My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

You asked for it

You can join me...I love SUV's and Big Trucks, Jeeps, dirt bikes, dune buggies...
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Just a tiny Cavalon Autogyro we need a modern autogyro for fsx/p3d.

I still think the world needs a new Ju52 then.. how about a Blohm and Voss BV141?? Always liked the BV141 since my Airfix modelling days

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    You can join me...I love SUV's and Big Trucks, Jeeps, dirt bikes, dune buggies...
    and Harleys and everything that has big fat radial engines (and no muffler) !
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Aerosoft never finished the JU52 they started. I had sooooo looked forward to that one

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I still think the world needs a new Ju52 then..
    No.

xoxoxo,
    World

Members who have read this thread: 0