dx10 fixer new ground shadow release v1.4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dx10 fixer new ground shadow release v1.4

dx10 fixer new ground shadow release v1.4

now autogen is subject to cloud shadows.

It's great! With V 1.4 the final bugs have been ironed out. So as KDFW says, with 1.4 autogen now darkens as clouds pass, there is no shadow-line on hill sides and a number of other fixes.
    The effect is tune-able as to the depth of the shadow on land and sea.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I have just bought and installed it - all went according to plan but : I have no cloud shadows.
    I have water shaders at 2x high and am above 1,000' AGL but no joy.
    Cloud shadows are checked and I have tried sliding the land and sea shadow strength to max but see no changes. No shadows.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Did you click the "add-ons" button on the fixer menu and enter the serial? If so try here. Steve is very quick to respond

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/644-the...support-forum/
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Did you click the "add-ons" button on the fixer menu and enter the serial? If so try here. Steve is very quick to respond

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/644-the...support-forum/
    yes and thank you for the avsim link too - still no joy. I don't have any of those non compatible programs on my rig so I'll just sit tight
    enter..the Sandman

Just thought...did you update the Fixer program? It is required for cloud shadows to function. The newest is 3.2.
    SYSTEM :

Yes - I did that first thinking the cloud shadows were part of the update..then I checked Steve's site and saw it was an affordable addon. As I say - everything seems to have gone smoothly just - no shadows.
    I can wait n' see. Been living this long without 'em. I do appreciate the help though Roger - don't want you to think I don't.

Hello, did you run through this checklist?

In order to use DX10 Cloud Shadows you require

FSX
    (DVD or Steam Edition)

DX10
    Scenery Fixer version 3.2

The water slider in FSX settings to at least 2.Mid

“aircraft cast shadows on itself” option turned on in FSX Settings

Original cloud, water , terrain and general shaders
    Regards,
    Nick

The first time I installed the Cloud Shadows it didn't work. I then simply installed it a second time and now I have cloud shadows.

It sure adds a significant level of realism and immersion. Though I had been hoping for some years now, I never thought we'd see cloud shadows in FSX, especially as at least one company (REX) even advertised some previews of a product some years ago that was going to add cloud shadows in FSX, but nothing ever came of it.

Last edited by Bomber_12th; January 7th, 2017 at 08:55.

Does this work over water too with the default fsx cloud reflections?

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    Yes - I did that first thinking the cloud shadows were part of the update..then I checked Steve's site and saw it was an affordable addon. As I say - everything seems to have gone smoothly just - no shadows.
    I can wait n' see. Been living this long without 'em. I do appreciate the help though Roger - don't want you to think I don't.
    If you won't come to us for support we will have to come to you!

Add the line
    DebugCloudShadows =1 to the [DX10Addon1] group in the DX10.ini file in <your username="">AppData\Local\DX10SceneryFixer

</your>
    Then rebuild the shaders. One way is to run Dx10Controller select file->debug and then in the debug dialog that appears press Apply without changing anything.

Run FSX and create a flight with the default Cessna 1nm south of Brighton at 3000ft. Position the aircraft towards the land and take a picture making sure that the game is live (not paused) send it to me using the yahoo support email address in the manual (or post it here but I don't want to take over this forum with support stuff)

Steve

Good to see you here Steve! Thanks for coming to the rescue
    SYSTEM :

Quote Originally Posted by tommieboy View Post
    Does this work over water too with the default fsx cloud reflections?

Tommy
    over water.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevefx View Post
    If you won't come to us for support we will have to come to you!

Add the line
    DebugCloudShadows =1 to the [DX10Addon1] group in the DX10.ini file in <your username="">AppData\Local\DX10SceneryFixer

</your>
    Then rebuild the shaders. One way is to run Dx10Controller select file->debug and then in the debug dialog that appears press Apply without changing anything.

Run FSX and create a flight with the default Cessna 1nm south of Brighton at 3000ft. Position the aircraft towards the land and take a picture making sure that the game is live (not paused) send it to me using the yahoo support email address in the manual (or post it here but I don't want to take over this forum with support stuff)

Steve
    I think I actually heard a bugle call when I read this - lol
    Thank you for the prompt reply and cure.
    I have shadows now !
    I used the Cessna at KHQM only because that airport is my default and all is well.
    Couple of important points : First - I love that I can adjust the shadow intensity over the ground and the water - not possible in DCS - but now in FSX I can adjust these values.
    Second : I don't know how you did it Steve - but I think Microsoft should cut you a big fat check for making their product do what they couldn't. I mean - these are their features and they could not figure it out.
    Your Kung Fu is the best. CHEERS!!
    enter..the Sandman

Ok, I am not 100% sure what your original issue was. There are some scenarios with paused flights when in the VC of an aircraft that doesn't show VC shadows where you may not see cloud shadows. The best fix for this is to make sure that ForceVCShadows=1 is set in the [Display] section of your fsx.cfg.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevefx View Post
    Ok, I am not 100% sure what your original issue was. There are some scenarios with paused flights when in the VC of an aircraft that doesn't show VC shadows where you may not see cloud shadows. The best fix for this is to make sure that ForceVCShadows=1 is set in the [Display] section of your fsx.cfg.
    I don't know - I was careful to follow the installation guide and settings instructions for FSX, Fixer, and Cloud Shadows so it is a mystery. I have Striking Software's FS Water Configurator installed on this rig..It is a shader modifier if I am not mistaken and maybe that was causing interference?..

Also REX 4 is installed but I think you had ruled that out as a culprit on the Avsim board.

At any rate my problem is solved - Thank You again.
    enter..the Sandman

Great to see it all come together
    SYSTEM :

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Great to see it all come together
    Me too - I think we have all been waiting to see if this feature could be realized, and now we have it.

To those on the fence - I see no impact on frame rates yet. It works as advertised..once over the 1000' above AGL the shadows are activated and there is not a jarring transition either.
    You can lighten or darken the effect from the default position - and you can turn it on or off easily before loading a flight.
    enter..the Sandman

Unexpected benefit for Cloud Shadows

When flying from an uneven, grass runway for example ORBX Compton Abbas, I usually see broken aircraft shadows on the ground. No longer! I now see the full aircraft shadow.
    For me this is a biggie! Well done Steve.
    SYSTEM :

Based on the recent screen shots, I picked this up. Installed without a hitch. Great addition to FSX and I like the shadow fade as you get down to 1000' and below. Nice work Steve!

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Thank you for pointing that out, Roger! Those broken ground shadows have always been a big issue to me too, when using/taking screenshots from some of my favorite airfields (I like the uneven terrain airfields/whenever there isn't a flatten). Pretty darn cool that this addon has taken care of that issue too.

Flying FSX with Cloud Shadows is now much more emmersive. I will not fly without it!

Is there a performance hit (best tested in demanding areas like big airports)?

Members who have read this thread: 0