Where's the topic about the Lightning's metal textures gone?

Thread: Where's the topic about the Lightning's metal textures gone?

Where's the topic about the Lightning's metal textures gone?

Hi all,

Sorry but I'm having a small brain fart here: wasn't there a topic from Rick about his textures experiments with the Aerosoft Lightning until yesterday ?
    Was it deleted or am I becoming blind ?

I've gone back 5 pages and can't find it. It was on the first page..

ATB
    DaveB

I really don't know. It hasn't been removed by staff.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Indeed very weird. There is no trace of the tread, but I also can't find any reference to a single post made in this thread......

a puzzled Huub

I'm a tinkerer. So as you can imagine everything I get my hands on I'm disassembling to see how it works and trying to improve etc. Not just FSX. Generally this has been ok by me. However I was feeling that perhaps and before any controversy arisesurrounding over my personal use I asked that the threSD be removed completely and I would seek out the developer out of respect, ethical behavior on my part, and professionalism. I will start a new thread if/when I am able to contact someone at Aerosoft or David Rowberry who is the actual developer of this product. As it stands the results I get when trying to apply my recipe to metal is not pretty. The screens are misleading and confusing. Therefore I asked for the topic to be removed altogether. No one put me up to it. I thought it best. My next action is to try to persuade Aerosoft/Mr. Rowberry to make the small update to the mdl that is required to make this already great product almost perfect in my view. Thanks for the interest.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Ah ok, thanks for explaining
    I can understand your point of view. Then please keep us informed about that when you can. Your metallic texture actually made me want to buy that plane (I don't have it yet).

Thanks Rick! We were beginning to think that someone had accidentally deleted your thread
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Np. Now, does anyone have any contacts or know David Rowberry? I read an interview with him on flightsim.com website yesterday. He seems very open to.things and seems like this might be something he'd be willing to do since (at least IMHO) makes his work even better.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

If you want to get in contact with Dave, I suggest that you move this over to the Lightning support forum here.
    You'll certainly find him there.

Dave

Dave Rowberry was an RAF Lightning Maintenance Crewman.He is a very nice man and developed many small gliders and aircraft for flightsim as freeware,however some flightsim community members were so abusive to him that he gave the whole thing up.
    I very much doubt you will be able to contact him.The aerosoft venture was his last.A real shame.
    Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Dave Rowberry was an RAF Lightning Maintenance Crewman.He is a very nice man and developed many small gliders and aircraft for flightsim as freeware,however some flightsim community members were so abusive to him that he gave the whole thing up.
    I very much doubt you will be able to contact him.The aerosoft venture was his last.A real shame.
    Cheers Chris
    He's currently developing the EE Lightning T5, as shown.

Dave

I've started a request thread over at the Aerosoft forums here:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?...date-for-fmk6/
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Good news. I've starting talking with Dave via PM over at the Aerosoft forums. Thanks for the help.guys. hopefully we'll see the changes come to all Lightnings.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Members who have read this thread: 0