ETO Installation 1.0 to 1.5 problem

Thread: ETO Installation 1.0 to 1.5 problem

ETO Installation 1.0 to 1.5 problem

Hello all, i,m new to the forum so a little fingers and thumbs. Now, every time I install ETO I do it as per instruction, I,m running win 7 64 bit ,however the default path is C: Program files, as your doubtless aware this the 64 bit program folder, it tells you to change it to the (x86) folder and direct it there, it then tells you to change the relevant batch files, which I have, I selected spawn 1, as per, and then run start for the era, when I hit return it says windows cannot find cfs3 exe. I also ran the backup as per, and the Zapper program. Still got the same thing so, I uninstalled the whole thing and started from scratch. This time I installed cfs3 in the Program files folder (not the x86) as I could see no reason not to, cfs3 will install and run just as well from there, and it negates the need to change the batch files around. Done to the letter and it still says windows cannot find cfs3 exe. Ive GOT to be doing something wrong. Can anyone please point me in the right direction? I like the look of ETO, and what led me to it, was trying to find a solution to the problem I was having in the stock cfs3 install of the Mitchell B-25 going nose up off the runway,to the point where I had my joystick pushed full forward. A problem I hadn,t encountered before. I,m running an Nvidia GTX 260, an Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.4 Ghz and 6 Gig of Ram. Strangely Cfs3 runs fine when I click on the normal icon and I also notice a lot of the ETO enhancements are present in the game such as scenery improvements and many more aircraft sadly no different eras or theaters. Thanks in advance. Gordywill.

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi Gordywill,
    its probably simply a matter of getting your shortcuts to point to the relevant ETO files. You could work backword by going to your ETO install, and make the cfs3.exe and the cfsconfig.exe shortcuts to the desktop then you would know the shortcuts are pointing to the right place.

right click on a desktop shortcut and checking properties will tell you the pathway that the shortcut thinks will find the relevant file. Also whilst under right click, ensure that you are running the exes as an Administrator.
    There can be endless variations for troubleshooting but try that for starters?

Check the MASTERSTART.bat

In the main file go down to MASTERSRARTUP.bat and see where that points mine looks like this.
    @ECHO OFF
    CLS
    CALL ETOEraSwapper.bat
    CD "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO Expansion\global_layer"
    CALL ETOGLSwapper.bat
    START cfs3.exe
    Also your icon to start should read 'TARGET" \CFS3 ETO Expansion\MASTERETOSTARTUP.bat"
    And Start In "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\CFS3 ETO
    Hope this helps,
    alcanallen.

Hello again, thanks gents for the replies, I figure i,ll go for a fresh install, maybe I overlooked something? Can,t hurt to try again. Thanks again, and i,ll post on this thread again let you know how I get on.

Members who have read this thread: 0