Contact details please

Thread: Contact details please

Contact details please

Hi

Could someone please tell me how I can contact both Tim "Piglet" Conrad and the copyright owner of the beautiful Mitsubishi Ki46 Dinah II. I would like to ask both persons for permission to do some work on their creations.
    Thanks in advance.

Paul

Tim has been gone for quite a few years now and I don't know of anyone who has ever had any luck contacting him. As for the Ki-46, that was a combined product of Alphasim (who did the original model I believe) and one of our members (Shessi) who you may still be able to contact via a PM.

If you are simply doing new liveries, no permissions are necessary. Of course if it's Original Source codes you're looking for to do mdl mods, that's a different story.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I last had contact with Tim a few years ago now....and have recently tried contacting him again...so far no luck.

You won't get Tim's "Permission" as he's no longer around the FS community or at least doesn't respond. I made a redux of his T-33 with some help of a few community members here and I simply went on the basis of giving all credit to Tim for his amazing work and simply updated the model to use today's standards for texturing and included Tacpack as a feature for those who have it. We also created/updated the paint kit. I figured since the community is only strengthened by this and no credit was being sought by myself for his work that it would be at least an homage to his work and and worst we'd remove it, if it ever came to that.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Rick....yes, I have 2 High-res paintkits I want to release...both were derived from the originals but dragged up to 4096 which is great for Tim's style of doing things....where the majority/all of the model is mapped to only 1 or 2 images.
    People are asking me for them but I haven't released them as yet.

Thanks gentlemen.
    I will contact Shessi and as I was always intending to fully accredit the original authors I will also take your advice regarding Tim's stuff.

Regards
    Paul

Tim "Piglet" Conrad's last known e-mail address (at least to me) can be found in his readme files. Although I had contact with him in the past via this e-mail address he doesn't seem to respond to e-mails which are send to this address.

As far as I know, Tim has always approved improvements/modifications to his models as long as the "normal" credits were given. There are two ways to deal with Tim's absence/retirement. Either you can decided not to upload these imporvements/modifications. Or you can upload them with a disclaimer in which you state that you have done everything posible to contact the designer of the original work, but did not succeed in this, and that you are willing to withdraw the files when somebody can claim he or she is the owner of the original work.

Just my 2 cents,

Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0