JX_VietNam_ARMY_UH-1H_IROQUOIS_MedEvac
    JX_AH_HawkerHurricaneMkIa_(RGB02_SpecPower10_VC) model update
    JX_P-47D-23_Thunderbolt_(FDG2)_(RGB02_SpecPower10) model update
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

This is Obio's updated Alphasim Henschel Hs123

This actually a pretty extensive, awesome job and I can recommend this download.

Here's the readme

This is an update of the freeware Alpha Simulations HS-123A-1. The changes in this plane are extensive:

The MDL has been converted using Chuck Dome's texture conversion utility. The plane originally used the AF99 type texture files, which were limited to 256 by 256 in size and 256 colors. The plane now uses BMP style texture formatting, which allows the plane to have texture files up to 1024 by 1024 in size and to use any of the CFS2 compatible texture file formats (DXT1, DXT3, Extended 545, 555, 565). The result of this conversion in texture files allows this plane to have a much more detailed skin...greatly improving the visual quality of the plane.

The stock modeled on drop tank has been alpha channeled "off" to make way for a real working drop tank on the fuselage pylon and to clear the area for a 250 kg bomb. The drop tank is a full working drop tank, and adds to the fuel of the plane, lessens the flight characteristics when on the plane and can be dropped. Making space for the 250 kg bomb allowed the DP to more accurately reflect the payload arrangements of the HS-123A-1, which had a max of 991 pounds (450 kg).

The stock pilot has been alpha channeled out of the plane, making way for the RAF Pilot by MW. He is a much better looking chap than the one AS had flying this bird.

The stock texture for the engine was really BLAH, so I have added a more detailed engine image and redrawn the cowl bracing rods across the front of the engine. That alone greatly improved this plane's appearance.

Although they are not accurate to this plane, working flaps have been added to the air and config files. There are no visual flaps. The flaps were added for better control during dive bombing and to help slow the plane for landing. Use them if you want to. Or don't use them if you wish to have a more accurate flight in this bird.

The panel background used in this project is from the collection released by Alpha Simulations and is the original panel background used on this plane when it was a payware item. The gauges are from sources unknown...I have installed so many planes that I have no clue which planes 99% of the gauges in my collection came with...the only thing I can say for 100% certainty is that they came with a freeware aircraft as the only payware aircraft I have are the FDG2 B-17s, the FDG2 P-51 B/C models and the FDG2 P-36, and none of them came with German gauges. I have repainted the left edge of the dash board to make room for the magneto, starter button and flaps lever.

The weapons used in the revamped DP are from the Ground Crew German Weapons pack, which is available at Regshanger.com. Grab the weapons if you don't have them...and while there grab the Ground Crew freeware aircraft...really nice planes.

The pilot is from the Martin Wright Spitwep package at the MW Grapics site. www.mwgfx.co.uk.

I recommend that you use the BMW132A sound pack that I uploaded recently. This sound pack is based on Lawdog's JU-52 sound pack...I just revised the config file to reflect a single engine application. The sound is currently aliased to the stock F6F Hellcat.

The drop tank is the vw_auxtype4 tank from the vw_dora_weapons_pack_v12.zip pack available at Virtual Wings site www.virtualwings.org/aircraft/htm. The files for the drop tank are included.

Thank Yous:

To Alpha Simulations for making this aircraft and for releasing it as freeware, and for the panel collection.

To Tango Romeo for working on the air and config files and getting this plane flying right. Without his efforts, this plane would not be such a nice plane to fly.

To Chuck Dome for his 512Tex utility which allowed me to convert the MDL from AF99 standard to BMP standard.

To Martin Wright for giving us DXTbmp, MDLcolor and all the fine utilities he has produced. Without those utilities, reskinning planes would be impossible.

To the makers of CFGedit, the amazing panel utility...don't know who you are but your utility is one I use a lot.

To RAF Loke, who produced the insignia collection that I use widely in my work.

To Joe A, for making the 52 gallon drop tank and for allowing its use and inclusion with other freeware projects.

To Lawdog, for makign such amazing sound packs, for teaching me to revise the sound config file and for allowing me to base new sound packs off of his existing work.

And to all the fine folks at SOH/Combatfs.com who have taught, explained, demonstrated and pointed the way to the skills that I have developed in the 15 months that I have been working on aircraft (yes, I just started this addiction 15 months ago..shortly after getting CFS2).
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Here is 7500's Peenemunde V-2 facility scenery layout

Whew! Only 21 more files to go.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Here are four by xavierb. Think that's enough for today. "Only" seventeen more to come

I4 FIAT BR20 JAPANESE ARMY AIR FORCE - UPDATE
    Polikarpov I-152 Update Megapack
    Polikarpov I-153_update_china
    Polikarpov i-153_update_finland
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Icon22 Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Here is 7500's Peenemunde V-2 facility scenery layout.
    Kurt,

This is obsolete. Some time ago, sc7500 gave me permission to modify his Peenemunde layout and make it into GSL, which I did. I also asked Achim27619 to contribute an airfield for it, which he did.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=45&id=11205

"GSL scenery, including a new German airbase by Achim, and also relies heavily on the original layout created by sc7500. It has been uploaded with the full permission of my two kameraden.

This was a primary German Army research facility, and an important component of the German rocket program, which included construction of both V1 and V2 rockets. It became a priority for both British and American heavy bombers, beginning in 1943. The Germans initially believed that its distance from Britain would render it safe from Allied bombing raids, but this proved not to be the case.

Warning: Some of the GSL scenery may be a bit hard on frame rates, but this was tested on my lower-end rig, and the frame rates were acceptable."
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Henschel Hs 123A-1 Updated.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - German

Description: This is an update of the freeware Alpha Simulations HS-123A-1. The changes in this plane are extensive:

The MDL has been converted using Chuck Dome's texture conversion utility. The plane originally used the AF99 type texture files, which were limited to 256 by 256 in size and 256 colors. The plane now uses BMP style texture formatting, which allows the plane to have texture files up to 1024 by 1024 in size and to use any of the CFS2 compatible texture file formats (DXT1, DXT3, Extended 545, 555, 565). The result of this conversion in texture files allows this plane to have a much more detailed skin...greatly improving the visual quiality of the plane.

The stock modeled on drop tank has been alpha channeled "off" to make way for a real working drop tank on the fuselage pylon and to clear the area for a 250 kg bomb. The drop tank is a full working drop tank, and adds to the fuel of the plane, lessens the flight characteristics when on the plane and can be dropped. Making space for the 250 kg bomb allowed the DP to more accurately reflect the payload arrangements of the HS-123A-1, which had a max of 991 pounds (450 kg).

The stock pilot has been alpha channeled out of the plane, making way for the WW1 RAF Pilot by Aerocrate. He is a much better looking chap than the one AS had flying this bird.

The stock texture for the engine was really BLAH, so I have added a more detailed engine image and redrawn the cowl bracing rods across the front of the engine. That alone greatly improved this plane's appearance.

Although they are not accurate to this plane, working flaps have been added to the air and config files. There are no visual flaps. The flaps were added for better control during dive bombing and to help slow the plane for landing. Use them if you want to. Or don't use them if you wish to have a more accurate flight in this bird.

The panel background used in this project is from the collection released by Alpha Simulations and is the original panel background used on this plane when it was a payware item. The gauges are from sources unknown...I have installed so many planes that I have no clue which planes 99% of the gauges in my collection came with...the only thing I can say for 100% certainty is that they came with a freeware aircraft as the only payware aircraft I have are the FDG2 B-17s, the FDG2 P-51 B/C models and the FDG2 P-36, and none of them came with German gauges. I have repainted the left edge of the dash board to make room for the magneto, starter button and flaps lever.

The weapons used in the revamped DP are from the Ground Crew German Weapons pack, which is available at Regshanger.com. Grab the weapons if you don't have them...and while there grab the Ground Crew freeware aircraft...really nice planes.

The pilot is from the Martin Wright Spitwep package at the MW Grapics site. www.mwgfx.co.uk.

I recommend that you use the BMW132A sound pack that I uploaded recently. This sound pack is based on Lawdog's JU-52 sound pack...I just revised the config file to reflect a single engine application. The sound is currently aliased to the stock F6F Hellcat.

The drop tank is the vw_auxtype4 tank from the vw_dora_weapons_pack_v12.zip pack available at Virtual Wings site www.virtualwings.org/aircraft/htm. The files for the drop tank are included.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Henschel Hs 123A-1 Updated.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

IS4G_FIAT_BR20_JAPANESE_AAF_UPDATE.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Japanese

Description: I4 FIAT BR20 JAPANESE ARMY AIR FORCE - UPDATE for Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator 2

1. DESCRIPTION AND CREDITS

This add-on is an update of the AI Fiat BR-20 model made by Corrado La Posta from the "I soliti 4 gatti" design workshop in Japanese markings.

This package includes the full plane. Many thanks to Corrado for allowing me to post it. Changes are slight and oriented only to improve the AI behaviour of the plane when landing, worsened tail-gunners precission and also to have the full realistic payload this Italian plane had when in Japanese service.

Kawauso's (aka Igacci, http://members3.jcom.home.ne.jp/igacci/jp/index_jp.htm) new Japanese multi-resolution bombs are being used in this plane and are also included in this package. Thanks a lot to Igacci for allowing the use and upload of his nice weapons.

Also, and additional 200 kg bomb by me is included.

Xavier Berdaguer

3rd June 2006

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit IS4G_FIAT_BR20_JAPANESE_AAF_UPDATE.zip

Polikarpov I-152 Update Megapack.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Russian

Description: POLIKARPOV I-152 UPDATE MEGAPACK for Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator 2.

1. DESCRIPTION AND CREDITS

This add-on is an update of the Soviet Polikarpov I-15 type 2 (also known as I-152) fighter model by Silvia "Piloto Azul" with different configurations and textures made by eraffiti and Juankar for it.

Full plane is included, together with new Russian 25 and 50 kg. bombs made by Piloto Azul for this add-on.

- Soviet 1939 version used by the 70 IAP in the Nomonhan / Khalkin Gol incident.
    - Captured aircraft in use by the Germans in the Eastern Front.
    - Spanish Republic version used in the Spanish Civil War.
    - Two Chinese Air Force version used in the Sino-Japanese war.

Xavier Berdaguer

6th May 2006

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Polikarpov I-152 Update Megapack.zip

Polikarpov I-153_update_China.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Other

Description: POLIKARPOV I-153 CHINESE AIR FORCE ALTERNATIVE CONFIG AND DP FILES for Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator 2.

DESCRIPTION AND CREDITS

These are alternative configuration files for the Polikarpov I-15 type 3 (also known as I-153) model by Silvia "Piloto Azul". The Chinese textures were made by Juankar and are included. the full aircraft is included.

The changes are:

- Additional payload of six thicko's (thickosehaskel@msn.com)RS-82 rockets (included in this package just in case you haven't them already).

- Addition of Pilotkill effect by Nanni.

- Improved landing characteristics for AI pilots, assuring they land now into the perimeter of the airfield.

Xavier Berdaguer

6th May 2006

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Polikarpov I-153_update_China.zip

Polikarpov i-153_update_Finland.zip

Description: POLIKARPOV I-153 UPDATE - FINLAND for Microsoft's Combat Flight Simulator 2.

DESCRIPTION AND CREDITS

These are alternative configuration files for the Polikarpov I-15 type 3 (also known as I-153) model by Silvia "Piloto Azul" in colours of the Finnish Air Force, who operated captured Soviet aircraft. Full plane included. Textures by Juankar. Russian 25 and 50 kg bombs by Piloto Azul.

Xavier Berdaguer

6th May 2006

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Polikarpov i-153_update_Finland.zip

Good morning

Here's Sandydog

a6m2koga Skin and mdl file for Akemi's Zero
    Martin B-10 (Payakan) converted by Sandydog
    DonationWare P-36A Alternate DP (no image)
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

I think these should be listed under Farmboy (K. Malinowski and J. McDaniel). I think they're the original model files, but I did have them in Shessi's works folder. Probably a goof on my part.

KM_Ju88_C6_NJ

KM_Ju88_C6_TZ

KM_Ju88_G1
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Icon22 Reply...

Kurt,

You're right, we didn't have them, so I approved them. Many thanks for all of these files!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Rami

Thank you for all your support on this. Eleven more to go, all from peperez. I'll post them in a bit.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Here's the first batch of Peperez's files

CFS2 Oldliner Koolhoven FK58 French livery
    Curtiss A-12 Shrike China
    Curtiss A-8 Shrike
    Curtiss A-112 Shrike
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

The next 4 Peperez files

Blohm & Voss BV-138G v3
    Blohm & Voss BV138-C1
    CFS2 Payakan Mitsubishi Ki.21 I Sally
    CFS2 Payakan Mitsubishi Ki.21 IIb Sally
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

I-15 Lt. Sergey Timolenko 1939.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - Russian

Description: Alternate texture for A F Scrub's Polikarpov_I-15_CFS2.

Peperez (Pedro Paulo Rezende)

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit I-15 Lt. Sergey Timolenko 1939.zip

Curtiss A-12 Shrike China.zip

Description: CFS2 Curtiss A-12 Shrike

The Curtiss A-12 Shrike was a radial-engined derivative of the A-8, which was the first monoplane attack aircraft to serve in substantial numbers with the US Army Air Corps. It was the main aircraft of Army attack plane strength throughout the early to mid-1930s. However the A-12 was rapidly made obsolescent by advances in aviation technology and its service with front-line units of the Army Air Corps was quite brief. By the late 1930s, it had been relegated largely to training units. Except for 20 export versions which were sent to China, the A-12 took no part in aerial combat during World War 2. It had been found that the wide separation between the two cockpits of the A-8 hindered communication and cooperation between the two crew members, so on the A-12 the rear cockpit was moved forward to share a common location with the pilot's cockpit. The rear gunner's cockpit had a sliding canopy and the pilot's cockpit was now fully open and was protected only by a windshield. The A-12 had a set of full-span leading edge slats which opened automatically at high angles of attack. The A-12 also had a set of trailing edge wing flaps. The name Shrike was quite often applied to this aircraft, but this was actually a Curtiss company name, and was not used by the US Army.

Textures by Mick Morrissey. FSDS2 model, panel, sounds and flight dynamics by David Wooster. DP file and CFS2 panel by Peperez.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Curtiss A-12 Shrike China.zip

Payakan Ventura Mk I.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - British

Description: Lockheed Ventura Mk.1

FS9 MODEL & TEXTURES BY RV HIEN (PAYAKAN)

DP, AIR, CFS2 MODEL & CFG FILES BY PEPEREZ (PEPE REZENDE)

I did a new 1tube DP that works at any DP mode and always appear as planed. File is included.

History: The Lockheed Ventura was a bomber and patrol aircraft of World War II, used by United States and British Commonwealth forces in several guises. It was developed from the Lockheed Lodestar transport, as a replacement for the Lockheed Hudson bombers then in service with the Royal Air Force. The RAF ordered 675 Venturas in February 1940. They were delivered from mid-1942 onward.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Payakan Ventura Mk I.zip

Last three files for Peperez

And DONE for all of the preservation files I have identified.

I-15 Lt Sergey Timolenko 1939 skin
    Paul Clawson SBC-4 Package
    Payakan Ventura MkI
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

CFS2 Oldliner Koolhoven FK58.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - France

Description: Koolhoven FK.58

FS9 Model, panel and textures by MICHEL MIGAUD (Oldliner52)

CFS2 Model, generate from Oldliner sources, by CRAIG BIELAT (Thicko)

DP, Air, 2d panel and cfg files by PEPEREZ (Pepe Rezende)

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CFS2 Oldliner Koolhoven FK58.zip

CFS2 Payakan Mitsubishi Ki.21 I.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Japanese

Description: Mitsubishi Ki.21 I Sally

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CFS2 Payakan Mitsubishi Ki.21 I.zip

CFS2 Payakan Mitsubishi Ki.21 IIb.zip

Description: Mitsubishi Ki.21 IIB Sally

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CFS2 Payakan Mitsubishi Ki.21 IIb.zip

Blohm & Voss BV138-C1.zip

Description: Blohm & Voss BV138-C1

PANEL BY JOACHIM SCHMIDT

BV 138 C1 PATROL FLYING BOAT

The first of the 227 standard service model, BV 138 C-1, began service in March 1941.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Blohm & Voss BV138-C1.zip

Blohm & Voss BV-138G v3.zip

Description: Blohm & Voss BV-138G version 3

DP, AIR & CFG FILES BY PEPEREZ (PEPE REZENDE)

CFS2 MODEL BY IVAN HSU

PANEL BY JOACHIM SCHMIDT

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Blohm & Voss BV-138G v3.zip

Members who have read this thread: 4