Long lost files - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Long lost files

Curtiss A-8 Shrike.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: CFS2 Curtiss A-8 Shrike

The A-8 was the first Curtiss tactical monoplane built for the U.S. Army; all previous designs by this company for the US Army were biplanes. The A-8 had many advanced features, including an all-metal structure with an all-metal covering. It had trailing edge flaps and full span leading-edge slats which opened automatically at high angles of attack However, the low-mounted wings were externally braced with struts and wires, which was definitely a throwback to an earlier era. The crew sat in widely-separated individual cockpits. The pilot sat well forward in an open cockpit and controlled four 0.30-inch machine guns that were mounted in the undercarriage fairings in such a way that their field of fire cleared the propeller arc. The rear cockpit was provided with a canopy and was fitted with a single 0.30-inch flexible machine gun. The name Shrike was quite often applied to this aircraft, but this was actually a Curtiss company name, and was not used by the US Army for the A-8.

Textures by Mick Morrissey. FSDS2 model, 2D panel, XML gauges, sounds and flight dynamics by David Wooster. CFS2 panel and DP by Peperez.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Curtiss A-8 Shrike.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Curtiss A-12 Shrike.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: CFS2 Curtiss A-12 Shrike

The Curtiss A-12 Shrike was a radial-engined derivative of the A-8, which was the first monoplane attack aircraft to serve in substantial numbers with the US Army Air Corps. It was the main aircraft of Army attack plane strength throughout the early to mid-1930s. However the A-12 was rapidly made obsolescent by advances in aviation technology and its service with front-line units of the Army Air Corps was quite brief. By the late 1930s, it had been relegated largely to training units. Except for 20 export versions which were sent to China, the A-12 took no part in aerial combat during World War 2. It had been found that the wide separation between the two cockpits of the A-8 hindered communication and cooperation between the two crew members, so on the A-12 the rear cockpit was moved forward to share a common location with the pilot's cockpit. The rear gunner's cockpit had a sliding canopy and the pilot's cockpit was now fully open and was protected only by a windshield. The A-12 had a set of full-span leading edge slats which opened automatically at high angles of attack. The A-12 also had a set of trailing edge wing flaps. The name Shrike was quite often applied to this aircraft, but this was actually a Curtiss company name, and was not used by the US Army.

Textures by Mick Morrissey.

FSDS2 model, panel, sounds and flight dynamics by David Wooster.

DP file and CFS2 panel by Peperez.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Curtiss A-12 Shrike.zip

Paul Clawson SBC-4 Package.zip

Description: Curtiss SBC-4

FS9 MODEL BY PAUL CLAWSON

TEXTURES BY PEPEREZ (PEPE REZENDE)

AIR & CFG FILES BY FLIGHT DECK DESIGN GROUP (Revised by PEPEREZ)

Curtiss CW-77

FS9 MODEL BY PAUL CLAWSON

TEXTURES BY DOMINIQUE HEBRAL (DOMBRAL revised for the FS8 model by PEPE REZENDE)

AIR & CFG FILES BY FLIGHT DECK DESIGN GROUP (revised by DOMBRAL)

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Paul Clawson SBC-4 Package.zip

Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Rami

Thank you for all your support on this. Eleven more to go, all from peperez. I'll post them in a bit.
    Kurt,

Shrugs...it's what they pay me for. Still waiting for the check, though.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by peperez View Post

Description: CFS2 Curtiss A-8 Shrike

The A-8 was the first Curtiss tactical monoplane built for the U.S. Army; all previous designs by this company for the US Army were biplanes. The A-8 had many advanced features, including an all-metal structure with an all-metal covering. It had trailing edge flaps and full span leading-edge slats which opened automatically at high angles of attack However, the low-mounted wings were externally braced with struts and wires, which was definitely a throwback to an earlier era. The crew sat in widely-separated individual cockpits. The pilot sat well forward in an open cockpit and controlled four 0.30-inch machine guns that were mounted in the undercarriage fairings in such a way that their field of fire cleared the propeller arc. The rear cockpit was provided with a canopy and was fitted with a single 0.30-inch flexible machine gun. The name Shrike was quite often applied to this aircraft, but this was actually a Curtiss company name, and was not used by the US Army for the A-8.

Textures by Mick Morrissey. FSDS2 model, 2D panel, XML gauges, sounds and flight dynamics by David Wooster. CFS2 panel and DP by Peperez.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Curtiss A-8 Shrike.zip
    Download link just gives me CH_SHRIKE_A12.zip

Dang! I noted that and corrected it but it looks like it didn't take. I can no longer edit the file because it is now listed under peperez's name.

Here is the correct zip.

Rami could you please put this file where it belongs?

Many thanks
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    I think these should be listed under Farmboy (K. Malinowski and J. McDaniel). I think they're the original model files, but I did have them in Shessi's works folder. Probably a goof on my part.

KM_Ju88_C6_NJ

KM_Ju88_C6_TZ

KM_Ju88_G1
    Sorry to say this.....Ju88_G1 gives me Ju88_C6_TZ......

Same story, I attempted to edit it to the right file but evidently it's not working. Here's the correct file.

Rami, if you would please.

It's a good thing I am at the end of these uploads, I am fair cross-eyed with it all.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Icon22 Reply...

Good morning,

All fixed, no problem at all.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Thanks Rami
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Thanks Capt Kurt.

(I checked my backup drive last night and found I had all these after all, but, thanks for the effort and they're here for access, now)

Found another missing file and uploaded - Ivan Hsu (Tekworm / Archisoft) BF2C1 Goshawk.

Cheers,

Captain Kurt

And a few more - Alain Breton's Breguet Bre 691, Bre 693 and Bre 695 models

Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Icon22 Reply...

Kurt,

Awesome, many thanks.