Vultee XP-54 - Texture Artist Needed - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Vultee XP-54 - Texture Artist Needed

Quote Originally Posted by jrbirdman View Post
    (Drools) I can't wait to have these and their variants in my FS9 and FSX hangars!!! Great work to wall involved and thank you for making them!! Kind regards, Jeremy
    Thank you Jeremy. It is a pleasure to bring this one to life, especially in short order.

Mike Kelly's texture work is just awesome IMO, and Tom Falley (Fliger) has helped make the flight model a pleasure to fly.

You will also be impressed with Magoo's work on the stripped down, hyped up Racing version; you should see more of that soon.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Looks like its time to assemble a beta package for this project as Mike Kelley is putting final touches on the paints.

I'll focus on this one the next few days to get something out.

Meanwhile, Magoo has sent his Racing package to me to look over. Whoa! That is some exciting stuff he's put together. This will be an exciting aircraft to tangle with the Mustangs, Bearcats, and Furies at Reno.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Test Pilots Req'

It's a call out to any who are test flying or developing the XP-54. I'm looking for some basic feedback in FSX. It's a matter of simply dropping the FS9 XP-54 into FSX, adding the files attached.

Two things to do:

There's a panel config with Mike Wagner's WEP switch from the F7F tigercat (FS9). This switch was used with the Swoose in FS9, but has been found to also work in FSX Accelleration. (Huh!) Up until that moment, I was simply using an assigned keyboard command to activate power boost, as is native in that version of FS.

The panel config is straight out of the XP-72 panel without any other mods. I understand there may be some modified gauges out there. If you're running an (already) modified panel, don't use my config. Instead, refer to 2D panel and VC sections in my file, and copy the WEP gauge entry at the bottom of those sections to the corresponding location in your config. Ensure the entry numbering is sequential. Throw the gauge into the panel folder and go fly.

The WEP switch will show-up on either panel format next to the starter button.

Basic unAccelerated FSX does not have any power boost command, but then, either does FS9. The question is whether Mike's gauge will have an effect in non-Accelleration FSX...ie: Vanilla/SP1/SP2.

Also....simply fly the plane. I'd like to know how it's running on different systems, different controllers. Look for any odd things, weird behavior, etc.

You'll need a copy of Milton's XP-54 Swoose Goose beta to make a go of it.

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

LOL Okay, I am scrambling. Haven't put out a beta test package just yet (was held up with some FM issues).

I'll put together a quickie basic package and upload it shortly.

My apologies. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks Milton,

I thought something was missing... :-)
    Even went through the library in case I overlooked it.

Thanks to Magoo for the time he has invested. Well appreciated!

This was meant for the few flyers who are already doing the early stage stuff out there. I hoping to trawl in a bit more info before we go really loud with this project.

Everybody's quite busy, so this may end up being unleashed on the unsuspecting membership in general before I get the data I'm looking for.

Dustpan and wisk standing by.

LOL Not a problem guys; I would have had the beta out but I was wrestling (still am) with an FSX FM issue.

So, I kluged together a quickie basic FSX package to help test Magoo's download.

NOTE: Will NOT work in FS9

Takeoffs and landings are high speed due to hi-speed air foil.

Take off: 1 notch of flaps, 4-5 degrees nose up, rotate slowly at 95-100, liftoff at 115kias
    Approach: keep your speed up, cross the fence at 115kias.
    You are on your own from there.

Here ya go; I'll leave this up until you get Magoo some reports:

FSX ONLY

http://www.sim-outhouse.net/download.../xp54alpha.zip
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; April 2nd, 2017 at 16:28.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton- I can't get the alpha to load up in FS2004. It hangs up on the selection window. Any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    Milton- I can't get the alpha to load up in FS2004. It hangs up on the selection window. Any ideas?
    My apologies Kevin. The upload test was meant for FSX versions so I uploaded the FSX version that has DDS textures and a Common folder structure. That is what is stopping you.

This was not meant to be an FS9 test. If you can convert the DDS to bmp, and put all textures in the N43STP folder, it should work.

We are preparing an FS9 beta but will be a few days.

EDIT: I modified the post above to clarify. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

No worries. Figured it was a FS9 beta in this forum.

Basic FSX/A feedback

Firstly- thanks to everyone working on this plane! I did some quick testing in FSX/A non-steam of the alpha with the FM above:

1.Flies smoothly and matches the given speed at sea level with WEP.
    2.Takes off and lands with no problems.

I did notice some obvious issues which are part of the w.i.p such as:

1.two seats in the VC.
    2.aircraft.cfg needed work to get plane in sim.
    3.flaps only seem to move visually one stage.

Cheers James.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor2112 View Post
    Firstly- thanks to everyone working on this plane! I did some quick testing in FSX/A non-steam of the alpha with the FM above:

1.Flies smoothly and matches the given speed at sea level with WEP.
    2.Takes off and lands with no problems.

I did notice some obvious issues which are part of the w.i.p such as:

1.two seats in the VC.
    2.aircraft.cfg needed work to get plane in sim.
    3.flaps only seem to move visually one stage.

Cheers James.
    LOL Told you I scrambled to put this together ... now you know the real mess we deal with in alpha stage. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Anyone with books/mags on the XP-54, I am looking for two things: wing air foil number, and wing incidence. Any help greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Never mind this request; had it all along. Just forgot that I had already included the data in the original FM.

Thanks
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; April 4th, 2017 at 07:03.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Update time:

Mike Kelley has completed the paint kit and finalizing 3 liveries. He is now assembling packages for FS9 and FSX that will eventually become the beta test packages.

Magoo has developed an exciting racing set of options that are part of this one consolidated package of military and civilian models.

Tom Falley has made some recent improvements in the military flight model that puts to rest a nagging problem there. Thanks to Magoo for some insight there.

I want to give a shout out to Tom Gibson and others at FSDeveloper who helped resolve an intriguing and frustrating issue relating to prop visibility. Tom was instrumental in finding the cause of an issue that plagued me for 12 hours. Thank you Tom for all you do for the community.

For the past four days I have been converting the Vultee XP-54 to native FSX. I just completed the alpha build of that and sent it out to the team. So you FSX/P3D folks out there, we will have something native for you after all.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

That is some excellent news Milton!

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post

BB686
    Thanks for your interest.

I assure you that we are working daily on this and there have been lots of progress.

The package contains 6 variants, 5 of which are racer versions.

Mike Kelley and Magoo have done some great work to homogenize things.

The paint kit is about wrapped now and there are liveries to be produced.

But the fundamentals are in place.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Florov D

Thought of adding some ram jets...?

Just another gentile

BB686

The status of the project is in the hands of Magoo and Mike Kelley awaiting final textures for the racer versions I believe.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Slow, yet constant progress:

Somebody delivered a pallet load of dayglo paint to the hanger by mistake. We found a good use for it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails xp54_001.jpg   xp54_003.jpg   xp54_002.jpg  

Hi there,

Beautiful work being done here !

Andy.

Betcha there was an FAA Cop waiting at the hangar door to give that Vultee pilot a big ol' ticket!

Superb work, looking very nice at this point....

BB686

More colors, the first sighting of the "Allison" powered Swoose.....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg   002.jpg   thumbnail_big.jpg  

WOW! A very nice paint on the XP-54 which fits it precisely! Not to mention it's absolutely GORGEOUS!

Very nice!

BB686

Members who have read this thread: 0