Vultee XP-54 - Texture Artist Needed - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Vultee XP-54 - Texture Artist Needed

...And...

Aerial Survey duties....photo-ship 1950 to 1962....

....A hot rod fitting of the Allison V-3420. FAA issues two short sheets of very narrow parameters for XP-54 to observe. It's a whole new show. Swoose spends a little more than a decade as a photo-survey ship. Ranges as far as Alaska, Yukon, NWT, to some locales in (Ummmmm) South America....where her high altitude performance was a real plus... all over the place ...really....hard to tell....seems like some pages missing from the log book...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1950_60_1.jpg   1950_60_5.jpg   1950_60_2.jpg  
    Last edited by magoo; July 7th, 2017 at 22:18.

...and...

...Reno 1965.... people in the stands start calling it, Super Swoose..."

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1959_60_3.jpg   1965.jpg   1965_2.jpg  
    Last edited by magoo; July 7th, 2017 at 22:04.

...annnndd.....

......Reno 1975.... The fellows on the crew are collecting the years. Their sentiment over collective wartime experiences takes a leap into paint...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1975.jpg   1975_01.jpg   1975_02.jpg  
    Last edited by magoo; July 7th, 2017 at 22:07.

..And last three images....

.....Reno 1985...... Bluebird Swoose.....an evocation of true flight, and perhaps a humble tip of the hat to a true Master Aviation Artist, the late Garry J. Smith.

...All lighter than the Military prototype, except the photo-ship. She carries extra fuel. Each year represented develops more power, Zoom-zoom.

Currently working it all out in FSX ACC DX10, this next week updating all work into good ol' FS9.

.....Likely available around the end of July.

...The graphic foundation is Mike Kelly's amazing work, I've just squeezed some decals over top. To that end, he's created a really solid paint kit to go along with the whole thing. I'm wondering how long before somebody dishes out a Crimson Skies variant...........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1975_04.jpg   1985.jpg   1985_1.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    Wellllllll.........
    .......you've done it again!

I'm definitely looking forward to the release of the racing and survey variants. Thanks for all of the preview pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    I'm definitely looking forward to the release of the racing and survey variants. Thanks for all of the preview pics.
    So-o-o-o-n!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

FS9 Package is uploaded and available and I am uploading the FSX Native package now.

EDIT: FSX Native version now up: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...22846&catid=33

FS9: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=22845&catid=6
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Aside from the liveries Magoo posted above, these additional liveries are in the packages.

Thanks to Mike Kelley and James Banks for the awesome contributions to what started out as a 'quick and dirty" project I did for the Gmax Tutorial project.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gulf.jpg   stp43.jpg   shupeindustries.jpg   prototype1.jpg   prototype2.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Woohoo,
    I know what I'm flying tonight.

This is great. Thanks to all involved!

The 1985 Racer version reminds me of the Romulan Bird of Prey from Star Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    FS9 Package is uploaded and available and I am uploading the FSX Native package now.

EDIT: FSX Native version now up: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...22846&catid=33

FS9: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=22845&catid=6
    Thank you Milton,Magoo,Mike,and James!!!

FS9 Package is uploaded and available and I am uploading the FSX Native package now...
    Excellent!
    Thank you so much! Thanks to all who contributed!

I'm not usually a fan of fiction, but those post-war racer liveries are fantastic!

And you didn't think you could find anyone to paint this bird!

.....Reno 1985...... Bluebird Swoose.....an evocation of true flight, and perhaps a humble tip of the hat to a true Master Aviation Artist, the late Garry J. Smith.

An excellent tribute indeed, and if Garry were still around I'm sure he would want to work his mastery on her. "A Slick Purse from a Sow's Ear indeed". But Milton and his band of Merry Folks have always been known for creating some of the most researched, thought out, refined and absolutely gorgeous aircraft models I have ever had the joy and privilege to fly.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

One issue discovered in the Military 00 variant with Fuel Gauge not working. An oversight on my part; my apologies in advance.

One reported problem is that the fuel gauge does not work in the 00 military version.

Here is the simple fix procedure:

1) Open the Vultee_XP-54_FSX_00 package aircraft.cfg and find the Fuel Section.

2) Copy paste the following to replace the Fuel Section, then save and test.

[fuel]
    //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
    fuel_type =1
    number_of_tank_selectors =1
    electric_pump =1
    fuel_dump_rate=0.02000
    anemometer_pump=0
    manual_pump=1
    engine_driven_pump=1
    Center1 = 1.0, 0, -0.6, 378, 15
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries

1) Open the Vultee_XP-54_FSX_00 package aircraft.cfg and find the Fuel Section.
    Milton, is this for the FS9 version as well?

Best Regards,
    John

I just had a look in the folders. Answer is yes.

Just copy the new fuel tank data right over the old one & save.

In FS9, and only for the Military (00) variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    The 1985 Racer version reminds me of the Romulan Bird of Prey from Star Trek.
    I can see that. But we're so much more fun than the Romulans.

There is a minor texture fix for the 07 Blue bird that can be found here (FS9 and FSX):

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=33&id=22851
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    I just had a look in the folders. Answer is yes.
    Thank you sir.

Members +
    Hi Milton,
    Very odd, the fix downloads as a solitaire theme when I open it with Winzip.
    7Zip opens it perfectly.

Cheers,
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Hi Milton,
    Very odd, the fix downloads as a solitaire theme when I open it with Winzip.
    7Zip opens it perfectly.

Cheers,
    Robin
    Interestingly it opens perfectly to the intended archive for me in Winzip; I have an older version though.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Interestingly it opens perfectly to the intended archive for me in Winzip; I have an older version though.
    Same here on both counts. The archive opens normally, and I have an older version of WinZip.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    ..... But Milton and his band of Merry Folks have always been known for creating some of the most researched, thought out, refined and absolutely gorgeous aircraft models I have ever had the joy and privilege to fly.

BB686
    Fully agree!

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Same here on both counts. The archive opens normally, and I have an older version of WinZip.
    Very odd. It's the first time this has happened, & I'm using Windows 10, with the latest WinZip.
    But all good now, thanks to 7Zip that I keep for 'just in case's'.

Members who have read this thread: 3