New planes and repaints wishlist - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New planes and repaints wishlist

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    OK, just remember that you have all the reference information and a skin painter ready to help. You know where to find me!

BTW, I've been using Win7Pro for more than five years now and I still don't like it. Getting old FS-relayed software to work in can be a bear sometimes. Running a program in XP compatibility mode doesn't always work as advertised, and the WinXP Virtual Machine that comes with 7Pro version isn't al it's cracked up to be either.

I'd have stuck with XP but when I got my last rig built up it was already too late to buy a copy of XP, and it couldn't be ripped it from the old rig because that confutor had crashed terminally and the OS couldn't be recovered intact. Bah! I hate M$!

I'll find you! :-)

Your observations of XP versus Win 7.0 are the same as my own sentiments.

A few days ago, I finally found someone here to help me install the 'missing module (s)' which were prohibiting my Access to SBuilder and other scenery programs. The steps are relatively straightforward for anyone comfortable with programming etc. I am NOT! So was delighted to finally have a kind person help me through the steps.

Migration to Win. 7 was forced by similar circumstances to your own, Mick. Infact; simpler - it all began with a flashy NEW soundcard and went from there.

Enough!

Anyways - I LOVE XP (even though I no longer have it!)
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I would like to add to the wish list:

1) More freeware modelers for FS2004

2) More freeware modelers for FS9 :-)

3) More people interested in learning gmax so they could fall into categories 1 and 2 :-)

I am trying to develop video tutorials (to supplement my C-162 graphic one) on YouTube to ease new modelers into gmax and get them productive.
    My wish list looks a bit similar. I really appreciate everybodies efforts and I'm really pleased to see that there are still people willing to learn to master programs like gmax or blender. But most of all I'm pleased that there are still people, who are willing to share what they have made.
    I would love to become one of them, but there is so much to do in so little time. Real life needs too much time and retirement is still far behind the horizon
    Therefore I limit myself to (re) painting and enjoy the work of new talents like Nigel, Daan (Dutcheeseblend), etc.

Cheers,
    Huub

hi to all, not sure if you would be interested in some of the aircrafts from my kitchen aswell... well, after all the years of various game development and modding I almost forgot creating add-ons for such sims (now I am focused on CFS3 development only), still I would be happy to see my stuff at FS2002, FS2004 or FSX so like at CFS2 one day. would need bit help, volunteers wanted
    Last edited by BorekS; January 13th, 2017 at 04:14.

SOH-CM-2023
    Not to hi-jack the thread, but is G-max still available? I tried my hand at sketchup but never really got the hang of it well enough to put out anything. I would love to learn how to build structures and ground objects for scenery.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by jackryan172 View Post
    Not to hi-jack the thread, but is G-max still available? I tried my hand at sketchup but never really got the hang of it well enough to put out anything. I would love to learn how to build structures and ground objects for scenery.

Sean
    Gmax: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1048332

Sean, Go to to Design form down the list of forums; see here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rted-With-Gmax
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

3) More people interested in learning gmax so they could fall into categories 1 and 2 :-)

I am trying to develop video tutorials (to supplement my C-162 graphic one) on YouTube to ease new modelers into gmax and get them productive.
    I always thought that when I retired I'd learn to make models in G-max. Little did I suspect that when I retired I'd have less hobby time, not more. I had G-max installed on my previous confutor but never registered it and never even booted it up to check it out. It isn't on my present rig, though of course I still have the FS9 installation disks and could presumably install it from them. I thought I'd read somewhere that the publisher had either gone out of business or abandoned the program, and that it was no longer possible to register it and get it working. Is that correct?

I would like to check out that video on You Tube - can someone post the link? Given some good instructions, and assuming I can get the program installed and working, I would like to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    I always thought that when I retired I'd learn to make models in G-max. Little did I suspect that when I retired I'd have less hobby time, not more. I had G-max installed on my previous confutor but never registered it and never even booted it up to check it out. It isn't on my present rig, though of course I still have the FS9 installation disks and could presumably install it from them. I thought I'd read somewhere that the publisher had either gone out of business or abandoned the program, and that it was no longer possible to register it and get it working. Is that correct?

I would like to check out that video on You Tube - can someone post the link? Given some good instructions, and assuming I can get the program installed and working, I would like to check it out.
    Gmax Registration (requires membership at Turbosquid): http://www.turbosquid.com/RegisterGmax/Index.cfm
    Not sure they still do this but the site seems to indicate they do.

If that does not work for you, this will: http://www.fsalpha.com/gmax_tips/
    I have used this for years to switch back and forth between gmax 1.1 and 1.2 as they have different edit results reporting on export. Gmax 1.1 export gives better error messages on issues, especially with regard to materials and mapping issues.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I have not published the video tutes yet; just getting started with them. However you can checkout the Design forum for links to the C-162 tutorial and a lot more helpful stuff.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

I second all of the above,its hard to beat fs2004,it is the most enjoyable sim out there (IMO).

Gmax Registration (requires membership at Turbosquid): http://www.turbosquid.com/RegisterGmax/Index.cfm
    Not sure they still do this but the site seems to indicate they do...
    Thanks Milton,

I have made a note of the information. No telling when I;ll get a chance to use it,but I hope someday. I have gotten my Golden Wings, Classic Era and Jet Age sims developed to the point they were at on my old rig before my hiatus from the hobby and even gone a bit beyond that. I'm not quite at he point of having time to actually fly the planes I've been painting or visit the scenery I've been setting up, but that time seems to be getting closer. Hopefully then I'll get to fiddling with G-max. I seem to have some inner compulsion that forces me to continue making this hobby more work than fun.

A Bristol Belvedere (helicopter)

Ttfn
    Pete

Members +
    To complete our DC-3 collection, a tri-turbo DC-3 would be simply amazing.

My second (& 3rd 4th) choices, as we already have AN-2's on wheels & floats, would be an AN-3 (AN-2 turbo powered), An AN-2F, (observation, with a 'glass' body), & an AN-2ZA (or AN-4).. An-4 is the design bureau designation for the An-2ZA, a variant of the An-2 intended specially forthe role of high-altitude meteorological research with a glazed position immediately in front of the tail fin for an observer.

Also, anything french... they have some of the most ugly planes ever!!

Ive been simming FS2004 since the very early days, & I love the odd aircraft designs out there.

Two others I've always fancied are the Piasecki HUP Retriever and the Sikorsky S-58JT. There, I'm done.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

Quote Originally Posted by aeromed202 View Post
    Two others I've always fancied are the Piasecki HUP Retriever and the Sikorsky S-58JT. There, I'm done.
    Baldy's CFS2 HUP works fine in FS9. It's in the library here at SOH. It has a VC.

I see that I made an FS9 conversion of it that's right
    here:

That package has four skins, and another skin for the NAS Glenview reserves is in the library. I painted a number of other skins and made an optional FS9 panel too, but they didn't come up when I searched the library.

Many of my wishes have been fulfilled, here on SOH, or elsewhere, and I have stopped counting the fantastic planes that I really like ...

Except perhaps here or there some forgotten jewels or little represented.

The beautiful Fiat G55 Centauro by Ignacio Alfredo Mendive is very good, and also decorated by the talented Huub Vink or Marco Gadoli, but its 3D model is not modeled in suspension. Delicate landings ...

This superb and elegant plane has been little honored in the community CFS2 OR FS9.

Good speed to the Centauro ...!

I only need a Mallard TP with a classic interior and with a stuning texture as Lodestar N555H or N60419 by Andre19 !

But my wish list in terms of repaints is longer (an Aeroworx Beech 200 in French Sécurité Civile color, a CLS DC-10 as a Tanker 10 910 or 911 colors...)

Members who have read this thread: 0