DOSBox and DOSMdlc users?

Thread: DOSBox and DOSMdlc users?

Hybrid View

DOSBox and DOSMdlc users?

I know there are vary few people out there making or converting aircraft. I'm wondering if any hone has made use of DOSBox and DOSMdlc I uploaded to do any conversions?
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

many thanks

Yes, I did a couple of conversions using it, mainly to check everything worked.

But I also have an offline box running XP, just in case, & find swapping to use that instead is less clunky than learning to use the DOS commands again.

I guess once that hardware fails, I'll be back using Dosbox & DOSmdlc more frequently...

Not at the moment but I plan to in future, so thank you in advance.

Jamie

Yes I know the DOS commands is a pain. Working on some way to skip that. It is taking time to get the oddies of DOSbox. Right now I have things down to 2 short cuts. One will convert the model from FS04 or FS02 to CFS2 and the other will do the animation fix.

I tried to make it all in one short cut but DOSBox is kicking an Runtime error when trying to do the animation fix.

Allen,

Have you tried to run your bat files with dosbox? your should be able to direct the command prompts from dosbox. I haven't tried it myself yet. Though I have used doxbox to run some older programs. You can set the prompt to open for each one with separate commands.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

DOSBox and .bat files are vary miss. I tried that when I tried to make MDLC work with DOSBox but failed at each try. DOSbox can lunch the .bat files but the .bat files are being ran out side of DOSBox so things fail.

Did some digging and found that I can have a shortcut run DOSbox and a load a DOSbox configuration file. The DOSbox config file is set up to act like a .bat file so things are pretty much click and wait.

Things are working for what I'm calling DOSMdlc 2.0 but one update of DOSBox will break things. Since DOSBox is using GNU General Public License I think I should be able to include DOSBox with credit and be fine.

Members who have read this thread: 0