New FSX-Native Complex Aircraft: Antonov An-24RV - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New FSX-Native Complex Aircraft: Antonov An-24RV

You are welcome!

Just noticed this went to the third page, so for those looking for the base aircraft version I'm using, as well as the latest flight dynamics updates, check the bottom of the previous (2nd) page.

Cheers Sean

Do we need the update file with this model version or is it already incorporated?

Nice work on the VVS Ian
    ATB
    DaveB

Nice work on the VVS Ian
    thanks,im partial to military scheme's, although the base model comes with the classic Areoflot paint, and it was'nt unknown for the Soviet national carrier to do a little multi-tasking, shall we say

Surely not!

As it happens.. I've only flown the Aeroflot paint. Something very 'Cold War' about it
    ATB
    DaveB

Talking of which.. here's a few from today. All done today's date and time with ASN active. Flight started in Geneva then on to Brussels before eventually calling it a day for today in Bremen. Not sure where I'm going!!

The spooky last shot darkness was a consequence of me not loading the effects files (I often don't on newly installed models to stop my effects folder bursting at the seams). I'd forgotten to load them having classified this one as a keeper!!! I closed the sim after this shot and loaded em up before continuing on to Bremen!!
    ATB
    DaveB:-)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Cheers Sean

Do we need the update file with this model version or is it already incorporated?

Nice work on the VVS Ian
    ATB
    DaveB
    You'll need to install those updates as they aren't incorporated into the zip I included.

Rgr that

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    You are welcome!

Just noticed this went to the third page, so for those looking for the base aircraft version I'm using, as well as the latest flight dynamics updates, check the bottom of the previous (2nd) page.
    Thanks for those.

Icon9 What is panel folder layout for the An-24

I d/l the An-24 and agree it looks great and I can't wait to really get into this airplane. My biggest problem though is the panel. I have a "Panel" folder with a bunch of sub folders with "systems??" gauges, etc. I get the panel textures, but no instruments or gauges themselves. I put in the updated kln90-fsx mod, but the plane does not load. FSX crashes and restarts. I substituted another entire panel into the aircraft folder, the plane loads, starts and flies for the most part. First I would like to get the plane to load with the "real An-24 panel" and not a sub that I used temporarily to try the plane out. I don't understand exactly how the file structure of the "Panel" folder should be. It's not like the conventional FSX layout I'm familiar with. Do I have to take everything out of subfolders and put into one big panel folder or what?. I agree this airplane looks great, I'd love to get it really in the air to try it and apply some of the performance fixes found in this thread. My favorite other plane is another Antonov, the An-2. Any help and information is appreciated. Thank you very much in advance..

I'm honestly not sure why its not working for you. The file structure is 'unusual' inside the panel folders because (I presume) that it's still in beta/WIP format so many of the files are not yet compiled into cabs. There's no need to take everything out of the panel subfolders. Everything works 'as is'.

Are you using the files Sean uses or the ones from the links in his first thread?
    ATB
    DaveB

An-24 Panel folder layout

I d/l straight from the site from Avsim.ru. I have not moved anything, but I did add the Kln-90 files. The load crashes and mentions something about simconnect fails to load sc_acc.dll.

Okay, dum dum me finally fingered it out. It finally dawned on me that this particular file along with three others were in a folder called....ready.. wait for it... "Gauges" . I copied these said files in to the FSX main gauge folder and waaah-laaaaah... . Now I'll get to the fine tuning, but at least it loads and doesn't crash.. I posted this in case others "might" have a similar issue. Hope this helps someone..
    Last edited by simtech; February 15th, 2017 at 11:43.

I'm still using the files from Avsim.ru too but Sean posted the files he is using (post#50). These may work better for you.

As for the Simconnect error.. this may or may not be associated with the KLN90. Try commenting out ( // ) the KLN lines in the panel.cfg and if the model loads.. you'll know it's the KLN90 causing the problem. The fix should have sorted this out though. I got the latest version from FSDeveloper though I'm sure Sean posted an up-to-date link in post#1
    ATB
    DaveB

Simconnect fails to load sc_acc.dll

Dave, thank you for the tips and help. I was editing the above post when you replied. It was all MY error..Senility must be creeping in. I failed to copy four files into the main FSX "gauges" folder. Now to address the updates. Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by simtech View Post
    Dave, thank you for the tips and help. I was editing the above post when you replied. It was all MY error..Senility must be creeping in. I failed to copy four files into the main FSX "gauges" folder. Now to address the updates. Thank you again.
    You're welcome

I think this model is outstanding and can only imagine just how good it will be when it's finished. I will try the files Sean posted (post#50) at some point in the future as it IS a more up to date version but I'm still having a lot of fun with the version you're running. The FD on this one is an absolute dream. Rarely do you come across something like this. I've yet to work out how to use the AP but that said.. it can be trimmed to fly pretty much hands off.. just a very slight climb or descent (and I mean very slight) so all you need to do is take account of the wind direction to keep it where you want it to go every now and again. Hopefully.. a few more paints will appear in the not too distant
    ATB
    DaveB

.. a few more paints will appear in the not too distant

DaveB
    Well then you may want to try the version I'm using which is linked at the bottom of page 2. More liveries are included!

When you get to it, I recommend installing the HD cockpit textures I posted in my original post here into each livery as for some reason with this updated one, some of the included textures are blurry for some reason (may be a mip maps issue). Also, the engine responsiveness with the updates is much, much better, resulting in an easier time on final.

Also, someone posted new cockpit textures at the top of this page in the following link. I think they modify the cockpit surroundings and add weathering to the main panel. I have not tried them yet. Install at your own risk. http://www.avsim.su/forum/topic/1423...24-fsx/page-35
    This same person also posted green cockpit textures on the previous page about halfway down.

Hiya Sean

I'd already downloaded it.. just not installed it. Have done so this afternoon. While it's cruise speed is higher, I find the takeoff roll is increased and by some degree when compared to the original release. Have you noticed this?
    ATB
    DaveB

Hiya Sean

I'd already downloaded it.. just not installed it. Have done so this afternoon. While it's cruise speed is higher, I find the takeoff roll is increased and by some degree when compared to the original release. Have you noticed this?
    ATB
    DaveB

Noticed the increased takeoff roll too, but this is also impacted by the amount of nose-up trim that you apply prior to rolling, as well as a notch of flaps. Applying the initial flaps setting around roughly 3 degrees nose-up trim should get you off the ground fairly quickly. Also be sure to check your weight and balance as that was modified in this edition as well.

Yes the takeoff roll is pretty long. Did you check the weight and balance? The weight station categories are in cyrillic so I don't know what I'm actually looking at. Very Forward CG as well so that's probably the reason for so much nose up trim. With the default load it's way overweight as well.

BTW what's the drill on the load manager? I put everything in the download that did not pertain to the a/c itself into a folder in the FSX-SE directory. I open the load manager but I can't make entries. Oh has anybody found the flap indicator? It's not where it was on the FS9 version.

Otherwise fantastic aircraft. It flies very well. The English panel is a great help. The turbine engines don't seem too fussy.

Obie

Agree.. there's much better throttle control on this version but the very long takeoff roll had me stumped the first time I tried it. Ran off the end of the runway at Culdrose The 'original' version (that is, the first one we were all made aware of) was much easier to get off the deck (no trim required.. just one notch of flaps) but it was slow in the cruise.

I downloaded the FS9 version to get at the manual which has helped finding what (and where) a lot of the switches are. Many don't work but I'm sure they will in good time.

I've not tried the load manager yet.. not in anger. Will give it a go tomorrow.

I've not found a flap gauge either. I was hoping the flap lever would give a clue but last time I looked.. I don't think it's animated.
    ATB
    DaveB

There appears to be another updated version of the An-24 up on Avsim.su now, released a few days ago. The rough English translation of the changes is listed below:

http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fsx-aircrafts-79/

http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fsx-aircra...60784/download

The package includes two models, both with salon, but one without KLN.
    In the model are added:
    Enabling the video
    STC
    VOR-ARC switch
    A scaffold in the salon
    Distance Measurers
    PSP choice between Course-MP
    Illumination lamp UVID
    Fuel rail now from the battery
    Voice acting
    Sound of removal from the stop
    Transponder
    Brake Light Bulbs
    Fluxing
    Control Chassis and flaps in the VC
    Corrected AP from the forum
    Not everything turned out as desired, but the work will continue.

Have a nice flight!
    -Mark

Has anybody managed to install pilot and co-pilot to this aircraft?

Regards Paul Day.

No this (both aircraft) just caused a lock up and crash of FSXSE for me. Deleted now.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

The one with the title 'Antonov An-24RV AFL_salon' causes my copy of P3d to Crash, the other works fairly well but I did not install the co-pilot sounds.

Question Manual Antonov An-24RV

Hello!
    We also fly from AIR Euronen this aircraft.
    For training we need a description. Is there a description for this fantastic work?
    We can not find a description in the installation.
    With the many switches, the trouble is preprogrammed by a non-functioning machine.
    If you have a description, I ask for help!
    Greeting AIR Euronen CEO C.F.

Members who have read this thread: 8