Sim-Outhouse Bandwidth Donation Drive 2017

Thread: Sim-Outhouse Bandwidth Donation Drive 2017

Sim-Outhouse Bandwidth Donation Drive 2017

As most members know Ickie handled the donation drive for over 10 years. In Ickie's absence we starting the Donation Drive for 2017, but we are a little behind at this time. Normally Ickie has fresh quotes from the hosting service and we know what the next year will cost us. At this point we do not know what our total costs for 2017 will be.

For that reason the amount we are trying to raise is the same as last year. This we expect will cover our bandwidth, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, maintenance costs for both our .com and .net servers.

Since we are in a shrinking community it has proven harder each year to fund both servers. Of the two servers the .com server is our core and is the server we absolutely must retain. If we are uable to fund both servers by the end of January we will strongly consider eliminating the .net server. Like past years that decision is hard to make. The bill for the .net server falls at the beginning of feb and the .com follows at the beginning of March. This is backwards from how we would like it but we have always been able to pull through in the end.

For the new members here is the break down on the functionality of each server.

www.sim-outhouse.com - Linux server - Primary website/forums and file library.

www.sim-outhouse.net - Windows Server - Backup website/forums, TeamSpeak3, FS Host (must run on a Windows server because of Direct Play requirements), Colaboration tool for a small number of developers and .com website/file library backup location.

We look forward to being here for another year.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?do=donate

Note the forum software is not moving the confirmed donations to the new Charter Member 2017 group. I am manually doing that part. If you don't get moved within a few days PM me.

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

SOH-CM-2018

Done.

Done.
    I have always been a team player. I was once part of a human centipide.

Done!
    Glad to help

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Chipped in a little!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

SOH-CM-2023
    A little from me too.

Im in. Job done. Heres to a great 2017!

Count me in. You guys do a great job!! Ickie get well!!

Hope Ickie will be okay....
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Tossed a tidy sum into the hat.... Done, then.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Done. Ickie get well soon!

Thanks Dave.And thanks for the Email.
    I will contribute again next week when I get my
    Pension.

Anthin.

Donation made!

Reply...

Good afternoon,

Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for all of the generous donations so far, and the kindness that has been expressed by people in praising SOH and passing their best onto Ickie. I look forward to being the SOH librarian again for the coming year, so please keep the donations coming in!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Dropped a few shekels in the coffers! Need to keep the Outhouse flying!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

What Donation?

How do we donate? I am new here. I could have read the other posts. Do we mail it? Can I use (my mom's) paypal? How much is your goal? Can we do a telethon? (For the sake of the new people like me). Do you require membership to be here? I am a teen, can I hang out here?

(I can be annoying sometimes)
    Hannah Elisha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hannah, if you look at the top of each page, there is a progress bar showing our goal, and how much we have received. All the way to the right is a red link that says "Contribute Now". Click that. Yes you can use Pay Pal, BUT ask your mom first... lol!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Hannah

I received your donation and yes you can hang out here. We do not require anyone to donate. It helps if you have some sort of Flight Simulator addiction.

Is using PayPal absolutely mandatory for donating? I'd gladly pay right off my credit card but I can't find a way to do it.

When you click on Contribute now ,select the amount and then click the bar that say "contribute the selected amount"
    On the next page at the bottom it says "Pay with credit card or visa debit"

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Quote Originally Posted by greycap.raf View Post
    Is using PayPal absolutely mandatory for donating? I'd gladly pay right off my credit card but I can't find a way to do it.
    For now Paypal, Personal check, money order are the only methods we support. We cannot take credit cards directly as we are not an actual store. most of us don't want the responsibility of having access to your credit card information also.

Note as stated by papab you do not need a paypal account to use the credit card.

21% to reach our goal people.

We need to have a telethon in here.
    Come on people show us that you can donate to the number one family oriented Sim-Outhouse Forum community here.
    We have people from all ages from our Veterans to just-flying-loving-enthusiast to just-wanna-hang-out and have fun people here.
    From the East to the West to the North and the South side of the (Universe- maybe soon but for now just) Earth.
    All you have to do is click on that red Contribute Now button.

We (I mean They) accept all major credit cards and Pay Pal.

Or you can mail it to:

David Shoaff
    38415 Lodge Rd
    Leetonia, Oh 44431

By the way do you accept cash donations? (I suggest do not send cash, it might get lost in the mail)

Do not forget to mention your name name. The name you use to log in here, so we (I mean they) can say thank you.
    Last edited by Little Chacha; January 17th, 2017 at 15:17. Reason: Address added
    Hannah Elisha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

G'day Little Chacha,

Membership is genuinely free here, as far as I know. You have been a member for a long time here.
    Absolutely YES, You can hang out here, I admire your enthusiasm and interest.

And NO, you are not annoying, If anyone is annoying around here, its ME!! lol!

Cheers -- BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

A bit late to the party, but I wanted to be sure to contribute to the continuation of Sim Outhouse.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Icon25 Whooping 84%

Thanks for that big shout Mr PR and Mr Dangerous and Mr Black and the rest of you beautiful people of the Outhouse.
    16% more and we are good to go for the entire term (Not presidential but you know what I mean) - I don't,

But it's fun reaching out. Like selling Girls Scout cookies.

Here is where we offer genuine friendship where you can have the biggest family in the entire universe- oh we start with earth for now-

If you click on the member map you will see the span of our entire range. (which is not working right now it worked the last time I clicked)

Sorry we are having technical difficulty but Mr PR will fix it as soon as he reads this notation.
    Hannah Elisha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Will donate at the 3rd of next month. On a fixed income and the car broke down and i also had to be in the hospital for several weeks. Sob story sorry. Wish i could send more but can swing $15.00 for all the fun i get out of this wonderful website.

Members who have read this thread: 0