DCS Normandy Map - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DCS Normandy Map

Hello Gary
    Oh Boy do I ever Remember The "The Mighty 8th" Such a fantastically immersive sim for its time!! I remember 20 yrs ago?? My kids were young and I had to wait for them to go to bed so I could play Our Tiny PC was in our bedroom then,I'd play in the dark....1-2am with headphones on,Guiding my B-17 through a field of flak to target.My wife would cover her head with the pillow allowing me my "Mission For Tonight" haha...So Fun!!

Gary I have NOT seen a DCS AI aircraft as detailed as this,other then maybe The upcoming F/A-18C Hornet which will be a full DCS Module soon-ish. I have to believe they have plans to make The B-17 a full module at some point.I'm sure you will be able to give The AI fortress a series of waypoints in the DCS Mission Editor when it's made available in The Normandy Map,If you have DCS World now?(its free to download and comes with two free aircraft) You can try other bombers on AI runs.

Just FYI I'm not affiliated with DCS,just a fan

Patrick

Thanks Patrick, I was hoping you would be. LOL I'll have to get on their forums and ask. But if you think of it you can ask if you want.

Yeah, I too miss B-17. I don't know if it would play on 8.1 or not, even with compatibility set for XP or Windows 7. I'm going to have to try one of these days. What I miss even more is V8th Ops that Wolfman and I ran for 2 campaigns. We vBombed the living hell out of vGermany. LOL

I do have XP Home (32 bit) on another HDD to try B-17 on. Same for Silent Hunter 3 as it's also a 32 bit sim.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Wags Live Stream Recording

<strong>

Patrick

From DCS Facebook page

[/video]

Patrick

Huey Tour
    <strong>

Patrick

ACHTUNG PANTHER!!!!!<strong>

Patrick

F L A K ! !

<strong>

Patrick

Will be released Friday May 26

Patrick

Looking forward to it along with the updated NTTR map!
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Normandy Map Released

Normandy map and Assets pack has been released - now available for download and installation.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...shop/terrains/
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

****New Landscape Objects Coming to Normandy****
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N2.jpg   N1.jpg   N3.jpg   N4.jpg  

Patrick

**New German Half Track coming to Normandy**

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HT.jpg   HT2.jpg   HT3.jpg  

Patrick

Tampa, Florida, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
    Oooooh, a Normandy map!

Let's see, that would be the FREE Normandy map, right? That's the one that ED and their partners promised for free, as part of the free "core game." right?

From the Kickstarter Page:
    "DCS WWII: Europe 1944 will also distribute via a free-to-play model, with the core game available as a free download!"

That could NEVER be the one on their website now, could it?

"DCS: Normandy 1944 Map - $44.99"

Wait, you say there is NO free downloadable "core game?" But...but...but, they PROMISED!

Oh, and don't EVER believe ED isn't responsible for 100% of what was promised in the DCS WWII Kickstarter campaign. They are. They were a full partner and would have easily been able to take legal action against any partners who left, to recover funds and complete the project. Oh, and there's that little matter of the letter on their Facebook page, from November 28th. It's available to read in the thread here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Eagle-Dynamics

So, it seems they have PLENTY of money to complete the project. They have so much money that they're using DCS WWII as a cash cow to support their modern sim (DCS World) development.

If you backed the game and didn't get EVERYTHING you were promised, write to them and make noise. Post on public forums EVERYWHERE about what they're doing. If you're a WWII simmer, you've just been kicked in the virtual nads by ED. Get outraged and take action.

I'm actually very sorry I was SO right with everything bad I said about them over the past few years. They're never going to get a dime from me now, NEVER EVER.

-Irish
    O'Donovan aka "Irish"

odonovan1 on World War II Online - ODonovan on Star Citizen - Formerly @Power Play on City of Heroes

Hello Irish,
    Normandy Map was indeed FREE along with the assets pack and 6 flyable aircraft if you pledged on the Kickstarter campaign for a certain dollar amount. The core map of The Caucasus region that comes with 2 flyable aircraft is also
    FREE!!!
    Enjoy Irish and Happy Holiday's!!!!

Patrick

ww 2 assets pack video

Noticed a top turret gunner in the B-17, I'm guessing The Bombers will now have Crews. Hopefully.

Members who have read this thread: 0