Hey all, looking for some advice here.

I used to fly CFS3 on an emachines 6520 with CRT monitor.

Monitor died and I replaced it with a Dell 23" IPS, but just hooked it up VGA. PC had no DVI out.

Now the computer is dead.

Would like to replace it so I can fly again, but a brand-new unit doesn't make sense. I only use the desktop for CFS3; I use my laptop for everything else.

Looking to spend $100 to $200 tops for a used desktop just for CFS3. Want to use with my 23" LCD.

What do you recommend?

I'm leaning toward an old Dell XPS, like a 420 to 710 model. Maybe add an SSD.

These can be had with everything from XP to 10 installed. I have an old XP install disc i can probably use, if not, i can buy XP for about $20 on eBay.

I can pickup on old 420 for $40 to $60 with no HDD. Another $40 for a small SSD. Another $20 for XP if needed. Total would be $100 to $120.

I've read that with FSX, CPU power matters more than the graphic card. Is this true of CFS3 too?

Ive also heard that folks have had issues with multi-core CPUs with CFS3. Am I better off looking for an older machine with a single-core CPU instead?

Bottom line, I'd like to run CFS3 at 1920 x 1080, all sliders on high, with a good framerate. Doable within budget?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

-=6=-