digital archeology and some explanations by me

Thread: digital archeology and some explanations by me

digital archeology and some explanations by me

aloha

i was very pleased and surprised when i was notified by Kev (NSS) that there's still a need for the aircraft i repainted such a long time ago. i do appreciate this very much. i also gave permission to upload any file you all have from me that is not on this server, because i've lost a lot of stuff myself due to hd failure (and incomplete recovery). so please upload and do with the files whatever you want, as long as you give credit (and notify me about it)

please keep in mind i never made mission packs, but worked closely together with bob "wulfmann" ruff, providing required aircraft. in case you want to include his missions or spawn files (or your rework of his missions/spawn files) in any future upload, please contact bob before you do.

i'm actually not sure if i gave the right information about what files are ancient, older and old, so here's an explanation.

ancient files are files with pre-fix fm. these files are very old and all of them (textures and flight dynamics) have been updated and renamed in later years. some early mission sets by bob "wulfmann" ruff require some messerschmitts with pre-fix fm. however those mission files have been updated as well.
    my advice is to ignore (and delete) my "work" with pre-fix fm. (mostly messerschmitts and perhaps some spitfires and hurricanes)

older files are files with pre-fix fs. these are aircraft with textures by me and flight dynamics by bill "spitfrnd" wilson from AvHistory, so all flight dynamics are 1%. you'll need to check out the versionnumbers for the latest files (the higher the number......)

old files are files with pre-fix eto, w40 and bob. most of the ju88a's, heinkel he111's and messerschmitt bf110c's i've done have been published in the very latest version as a christmas gift in 2008 and should be available in the download section here. wasn't there a do-17 version as well?

the very last work i did on the spitfire and hurricane was released in the first eto release. i do know know if that folder is there anymore, but there was a folder with ai spitfires mk1 with textures by me and flight dynamics by capt winters. i never made any new hurricane or spitfire mk1, because with eto came newer and better models and far better textures by ndicki.
    the same story for the bf109e, as with eto came a newer and better looking model for the bf109e. i kept on working on the aeroplane heaven bf109e in an effort to release them as ai aircraft simular as the ai folder with spitfires mk1. i started renaming my files and only send out beta version to beta testers and never released them. i did test fly them in eto, using the virtual cockpit and config file of the eto bf109e, but had to use the fs flightdynamics (1% version 2.x) as the xdp from the eto bf109e did not match (hardpoint issues)

confused???? so am i. browsing through my old folders i realize it will take some time to understand wtf i was doing a few years ago.

will come back

ps 1: in case you can't find me on facebook, as a radiomaker i also have an "artist" page:
    https://www.facebook.com/foutemanproductions/ (the long haired guy on the picture is me)

ps 2: i've lost all hex-edited stuff, but have about 75% of my templates left. i would like to ask anybody who has ever recieved beta versions of he111's, do-17's, ju87's, ju88a1's, ju88a4's, bf110c's, bf109e's for eto, w40 or bob to dig for them in your archive and send them to me. i know for sure i've lost some kg54 heinkels etc etc
    There's only one Foute Man........

Quote Originally Posted by Foute Man View Post
    will come back
    Great!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

SOH-CM-2020
    Great to hear from you, FM!

For the hurris, spits and 109s, the latest versions I have are 2.15, IIRC. And I'm pretty sure that yes, you also did some Do-17s for ETO.

For the ai_3gb spits and hurris in ETO, a few mismatches between m3d texture names and texture names mean some skins do not show.

Hope that all continues well for you

DW

There were definitely some Do-17s - I've found 5 of them, in any case. 5K+FD, 5K+JM, U5+AA, U5+FS and U5+MM. Let me know if you want them. I've also got 9 or 10 Bf109Es and about the same number of 110s. And I've just discovered a further 13 Do17s which were for ETO. And half a dozen He111s. And a further 4 Ju88As. A lot did get lost in a hard drive failure...

I've got the following v2 Bf109Es - 24, 25, 27, 28, 30, 31, 33, 34, 36.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Members who have read this thread: 0