IL:1946 Video

Thread: IL:1946 Video

IL:1946 Video

Even though it's an old game still fun to play

ETO? How do I install it? Download Links? HERE Horizontal lines at menu after installing ETO? - FIX - choose a wingman, plane, then try quick mission.I found this config setup ArgonV posted at simhq, works good HERE Graphics card updates change your game settings? With error? Ankor's Shader fixes it HERE Nvidia HERE

The graphics are still very good for such an old game. But I think the missions which more or less kept repeating, made me abandon this game in the end.

Thanks for the video, I enjoyed it.

Huub

I spent a lot of hours in Il 2: Pacific Fighters, then Il 2: 1946. The canned missions were "ok", but the series was best when flying in an online squadron. Much to the dismay of my wife, and one of the reasons I ceased participation with the series, I spent many Friday and Saturday nights flying. Starting around 9 PM my local time and flying for 3 or 4 hours. The advent of Scorched Earth Online War was a game changer. Now, each mission really counted and the squadron really needed every member to participate at a 100% attendance level. Near the end of my squadron flying days I ended up being the squadron's maintenance officer. Every week I would create and distribute new aircraft skins for the members, the new skins reflecting repaired damage and added mission and victory markings and sometimes a factory fresh skin to replace a crashed aircraft. It became all-consuming and I had to make a decision. Real life won the battle and I have not clicked the launch button since. Good memories and a whole bunch of mission tracks are still stored away.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Very nice old game toghether with BoB Wings of Victory

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Still run Il-2 '46 and have several installs of the modded sim . Missions,maps,effects,aircraft and more. Still has more life in it as well as CFS3.

just so you know steam has IL-2 1946 with the 5 games in 1 for only 5 dollars. you can create missions or download them for free. There are a couple of campaigns and tons of ww2 aircraft from every theater except Africa.
    Runs good in open gl for me all setting son high and there is config you can modify as well for the graphics still trying to get that to look good.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/15320/

ETO? How do I install it? Download Links? HERE Horizontal lines at menu after installing ETO? - FIX - choose a wingman, plane, then try quick mission.I found this config setup ArgonV posted at simhq, works good HERE Graphics card updates change your game settings? With error? Ankor's Shader fixes it HERE Nvidia HERE

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Beside CFS3 and all its expansions Il-2 '46 is my next favorite combat flight sim. To have both is great and comprehensive in covering WWII.Tons of mods are available for Il-2 '46 and a great future is still there for the both of them.

Members who have read this thread: 0