Interesting Read For Our Submariners Here!

Thread: Interesting Read For Our Submariners Here!

Lightbulb Interesting Read For Our Submariners Here!

Y'know, and I haven't the faintest idea why, but I just love reading submarine books, fiction or not, modern, WWII, whatever. Same for submarine movies. I grew up on Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, and still like to catch the movie or series when it comes on.
    Having said that, I would never, ever want to serve aboard a boat. I know, they are vital, and the men and women who serve aboard them are a special breed, but it's just NOT for me. I love the fresh air, open sky, and trees too much. I salute them all, though.
    Thank ypou for the link! I know what to read tomorrow!
    Pat☺

This is a must see if you ever visit Chicago. The U-505 exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry.

http://www.msichicago.org/explore/wh...505-submarine/
    ..."He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" -Jim Elliot

I thought this was something new!! Went onboard 995 in.. ohh.. 1980 or thereabouts while serving in HMS Norfolk (D21). The NATO squadron were part of the 'Kiel Week' celebrations and a mighty good time was had by all This said.. I might have gone there on Blake in the mid 70's. Too much as a lad means the old brain box isn't as astute as it might otherwise be!!

Still.. a great exhibit and as you can see in the shots.. absolutely immaculate inside though a little strange knowing it would have been at sea when my dad was in the Merchant Navy trying to avoid such things!!
    ATB
    DaveB

"75% of the world's surface is covered by submarines."
    I love that quote!
    Pat☺

Members who have read this thread: 0