A2A Connie is released! - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: A2A Connie is released!

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Bit of teaser, still work in progress, still waiting for the repaintkit
    Well done, Marcel, certainly still without the PK ! ( i believe it's released now ?... )

And great to see the KLM crown problem being resolved too and you did manage to get info about the Arnhem banners !

Good luck with your further work on the Arnhem !

Btw, Marcel, you think something texture-wise can be done with the cabin windows ? Particularly the light parts, which, i figure, are supposed to simulate sunscreens ? F.i. can you add a shadow around the edge so that they look like the're inside the cabin and not outside ?..... ( first time i have a complaint about a texture of an A2A model.... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    I bought the Connie last night and have been loving flying it around. I noticed however, that the windows appear to not be transparent. That said....would it open up the possibility of allowing square vs. round windows added to repaints as has been done on the 377? Just a thought. I posted a request on the A2A forum that they add a radar nose...although I don't see that happening.

Just wondered.

Kent
    It's a bit remarkable that they based their Connie model on the Greenwood-Lake L-049 but did not copy the radar nose... They did copy the missing astro dome which is a pity because most 049's have them. According to Scott they went with the original L-049 as much as possible hence no radar nose. My own experience with FS aircraft modeling tells me that replacing the current nose with the radar nose is much easier than the other way around would've been.

So if you keep nagging A2A about the radar nose i can imagine they might give in sooner or later. Could be done in a jiffy. ( i suppose the effect it would have on the flight dynamics could be considered negligible, atleast re the model ?.... )

Btw, why would you want square cabin windows on a L-049 model ?.... It can never be turned into an L-1049 by just adding square cabin windows... ;-)

started this today and planning on a few others

A brilliant release but at around A$100.00 at the moment and with limited options I'm waiting to see what transpires.
    Rumor has it (from the Feds) that the A$ is heading down toward US$00.50 this coming year!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Doing some tinkering.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-12-30_2-45-25-703.jpg   2016-12-30_2-46-8-928.jpg   2016-12-30_2-48-13-535.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Scotth6 - Did you happen to notice what colour the seats were and cockpit panel? I have a suspicion looking at the B&W photos from 1947 that there were black or grey/blue and the instrument panel was a light grey!
    Hello BendyFlyer - sorry to be so slow picking up on this, but I am content with the Jahn Team Connies.

I visited HARS earlier this year, to get pics of the DHA Drover. Since the Connie was also open, my guide let me in there, too. I already had some pics from an earlier visit.
    1 - The pax cabin seats are not original - they were salvaged from either an early B737, or a B707. Guide was not sure.
    2 - The cockpit seats have covers in a medium blue material with a thin silver or light grey or dirty white stripe.

I will dig out the pics I have - they are not the best, but not useless either. Watch this space.
    MikeW

Quote Originally Posted by gradyhappyg View Post
    Doing some tinkering.
    Nothing like a little tinkering .... looking

Quote Originally Posted by emfrat View Post
    Hello BendyFlyer - sorry to be so slow picking up on this, but I am content with the Jahn Team Connies.

I visited HARS earlier this year, to get pics of the DHA Drover. Since the Connie was also open, my guide let me in there, too. I already had some pics from an earlier visit.
    1 - The pax cabin seats are not original - they were salvaged from either an early B737, or a B707. Guide was not sure.
    2 - The cockpit seats have covers in a medium blue material with a thin silver or light grey or dirty white stripe.

I will dig out the pics I have - they are not the best, but not useless either. Watch this space.
    MikeW
    Emfrat - Ok but probably not worth the effort it seems the Qantas Connies had seat covers of sorts, on close inspection that had a sort of dot pattern just like the ones that the VC textures guy did here. There is no doubt the panel was grey but as for the rest of the interior not sure. I will put out some feelers in the aviation community see if anybody knows or can recall what colours they were. Thanks anyway.

Mike , I'd love to get back over there, really visit that Museum , plonk a sleeping bag in the Connie if the guys allowed me

I do have a pic of a crew bunk, but it is not good. Just as I tried to snap it, a large gentleman stepped in the rear entrance. Bad vibes.

Last edited by jeansy; December 30th, 2016 at 03:08.

Hoi Jan,

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Btw, Marcel, you think something texture-wise can be done with the cabin windows ? Particularly the light parts, which, i figure, are supposed to simulate sunscreens ? F.i. can you add a shadow around the edge so that they look like the're inside the cabin and not outside ?..... ( first time i have a complaint about a texture of an A2A model.... ;-)
    For the moment i've deleted the "sunscreens", all windows look the same. Indeed a pitty the windows are not more modelled (most probably due to limitations and getting the model within limits).

At the moment getting the cheatline on the fuselage, which is lots of work how the model is mapped. Easy for the modeller not so easy of the painter... almost dare to say "bit of carenado" style...

From mid fuselage to the nose, the textures are angled and change size (getting wider to the nose). Drawing a strait line like in the KLM livery is not easy.
    We are slowly getting there.

Regards,

Marcel

PS This is what i mean (note Alpha-layer is deactivated at the moment, so no metal shine)

This beauty desperately needs a Panagra livery! One of the most beautiful paints there is on this girl.

Hoi Jan,For the moment i've deleted the "sunscreens", all windows look the same. Indeed a pitty the windows are not more modelled (most probably due to limitations and getting the model within limits).

At the moment getting the cheatline on the fuselage, which is lots of work how the model is mapped. Easy for the modeller not so easy of the painter... almost dare to say "bit of carenado" style...

From mid fuselage to the nose, the textures are angled and change size (getting wider to the nose). Drawing a strait line like in the KLM livery is not easy.
    We are slowly getting there.
    Alas i can't find the time to do any repainting anymore myself but had a look at the Connie PK anyway. Wow!That's a class act ! ( not sure if i'd prefer everything on just one 4096 bitmap.... ). I see what you mean but atleast you have the BOAC cheatline as a good lead ? The skewed appearance of the front escape hatch (and the door line too ) indeed already shows what you're up against regarding the nose section. There's nothing on the Connie fuse that could be more round and tapered, is there. A cheatline nightmare i can image..

Yes, getting rid of the sunscreens was an option too of course. ;-) Certainly the beautiful round fuselage and nacelles eat up a lot of polys but i figure cut-out cabin windows would've still been possible without endangering the performance. Would've made the model look even more spectacular, wouldn't it.

Steady on, Marcel, dan breekt 't cheatlijntje niet..

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    This beauty desperately needs a Panagra livery! One of the most beautiful paints there is on this girl.
    Panagra did not operate the Connie... DC-2,3,4,6,7,8 only Lovely colorful livery indeed. Pan Air Do Brasil comes close.

Panagra did not operate the Connie... DC-2,3,4,6,7,8 only Lovely colorful livery indeed. Pan Air Do Brasil comes close.
    You are correct. I meant Panair. I loved that Green and gold on white scheme on the Constellation.

Slowly slowly getting there:

Still lots of things to do as you can see.

Marcel

Looking beautiful, Jan Kees ! I'd say logo spot on now too. Cannot really determine from the screenies but does the cheatline have pale blue edges ? And is the 'anti-glare' area in front of the windscreen the same pale blue, i.e. not white ?
    Jan, geweldig, je hebt me gered! I was wondering about that cheatline after I found a b/w pic showing that the outer and centre lines were different, and since I'm rather colorblind, I couldn't figure it out...
    And finally a paintkit from A2A as well, I think I'm there now, if nobody sees any additional errors, I'll upload tomorrow..

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Emfrat - Ok but probably not worth the effort it seems the Qantas Connies had seat covers of sorts, on close inspection that had a sort of dot pattern just like the ones that the VC textures guy did here. There is no doubt the panel was grey but as for the rest of the interior not sure. I will put out some feelers in the aviation community see if anybody knows or can recall what colours they were. Thanks anyway.
    BendyFlyer - below is a link to a gallery I just created. The images are full-size jpegs, about 2MB each. You should be able to download them from there, or just view them. At the gallery, click a thumbnail and you will then see a 'Download Full Size Image' button.

https://postimg.org/gallery/2ovxmn4ps/

PS: JK, Matt, and other serious painters please feel free to use these.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Jan, geweldig, je hebt me gered! I was wondering about that cheatline after I found a b/w pic showing that the outer and centre lines were different, and since I'm rather colorblind, I couldn't figure it out...
    And finally a paintkit from A2A as well, I think I'm there now, if nobody sees any additional errors, I'll upload tomorrow..
    Beautiful, Jan Kees ! Color and shape of the antiglare area spot on. Still looks like the pale blue edge around the cheatline is missing ?....( on a wild guess, based on the size of the cabin windows, i'd say a line of 6 pixels height will do it, same color as the pale blue in front of the windscreen )

It's a bit hard to see on the decal sheet but it very much looks like the pale blue cheatline edge turns inside the circle of the AF logo as it reaches it. You also might want to thicken the outer edge of the logo circle a tad or two.

Cheers,
    Jan

BendyFlyer - below is a link to a gallery I just created. The images are full-size jpegs, about 2MB each. You should be able to download them from there, or just view them. At the gallery, click a thumbnail and you will then see a 'Download Full Size Image' button.

https://postimg.org/gallery/2ovxmn4ps/

PS: JK, Matt, and other serious painters please feel free to use these.
    thanks will do

Slowly slowly getting there:
    Still lots of things to do as you can see.

Marcel
    Taking shape very well,Marcel !

its purely fictional however i just cant seem to find the right look for it, but anyway thoughts?

download link? http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...-raaf-a65-789/

Matt , looking Great, I'd keep it with the WWII roundels.

Members who have read this thread: 1