A2A Connie is released! - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: A2A Connie is released!

the more i looked the roundels where not in season, we stopped using the 2 tone roundels in 1953 and than adopted the roo, its more likely Australia wouldve used in them in the mid 50s than late 40s

Matt, I'd make it bare metal with a white roof with those roo roundels.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by emfrat View Post
    BendyFlyer - below is a link to a gallery I just created. The images are full-size jpegs, about 2MB each. You should be able to download them from there, or just view them. At the gallery, click a thumbnail and you will then see a 'Download Full Size Image' button.

https://postimg.org/gallery/2ovxmn4ps/

PS: JK, Matt, and other serious painters please feel free to use these.
    EMFRAT - thanks. I found a picture of model with a cutaway showing the interior held at the Qantas Museum (probably an original travel agent or similar publicity model). It shows the first Connies at Qantas had brown carpets, light tan seats white head covers and the wood panelling common to all Connies of the period. As for the cockpit no feedback yet on the grapevine. I am pretty sure they would have taken them as they came in that area, so probably that horrible green the early Connies all had with a few black panels here and there. I cannot recall from memory (too young) what colour they were, except the outside. Anyway we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    its purely fictional however i just cant seem to find the right look for it, but anyway thoughts?

download link? http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...-raaf-a65-789/

Interesting Jeansy, probably without the Roo in the roundels is my view and I would ditch the emergency exit yellow as this sort of nod to safety (the airport fire staff etc) did not turn up until the early 1960's in all aeroplanes as emergency exits other than doors were mandated in international design rules.

Jeansy, a small comment probably related to the Alpha but I have noticed with a lot of repaints that the polished aluminium appears to grey off.

In real life these were highly polished aluminium and the engineers hated it because they used gallons of degreaser and other stuff to get the oil and mess of these birds and it was regarded as a bugger of a job especially in winter.

Thanks for the first Connie paint, great work.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Matt, I'd make it bare metal with a white roof with those roo roundels.
    thats about 60% done, I did a plain drab one, because I like plan and drab daks

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Jeansy, a small comment probably related to the Alpha but I have noticed with a lot of repaints that the polished aluminium appears to grey off.

In real life these were highly polished aluminium and the engineers hated it because they used gallons of degreaser and other stuff to get the oil and mess of these birds and it was regarded as a bugger of a job especially in winter.

Thanks for the first Connie paint, great work.
    Sorry Bendy, are you saying mine or others?

trying to get the perfect metal look can be a waste of time as it can look different from computer to computer, it all depends on the files you have and depending on what sim what shaders you have

and why a black anti-glare panel on a camouflaged aircraft?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

and why a black anti-glare panel on a camouflaged aircraft?
    youre right, it never ticked, i never consciously noticed i left that layer on

Last edited by jeansy; December 31st, 2016 at 04:24.

nice one!
    I uploaded the Air Frances:

and there is more on the way:

maybee i upload this

it is a try with Gimp,so i am not sure........

so wat you think?

cheers
    Ralf

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    thats about 60% done, I did a plain drab one, because I like plan and drab daks

Sorry Bendy, are you saying mine or others?

trying to get the perfect metal look can be a waste of time as it can look different from computer to computer, it all depends on the files you have and depending on what sim what shaders you have

Steady on Jeansy, the normal looking aircraft are great. Resist the epidemic of chrome airplanes!

(just a friendly jab at the shiny airplane crowd, it is a personal preference, I know)

Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    Steady on Jeansy, the normal looking aircraft are great. Resist the epidemic of chrome airplanes!

(just a friendly jab at the shiny airplane crowd, it is a personal preference, I know)
    lol, smart @rse

just uploaded:

happy flying!

nice one!
    I uploaded the Air Frances:
    Merci bien, Jan Kees, glad to see the pale blue edge is actually there while in the sim !

Thank so much, well done, looking gorgeous et tres merveilleux !

Cheers,
    Jan

Lufthansa and Breitling

ready........

i will try to upload,first try was something wrong...................
    cheers
    Ralf

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    maybee i upload this

it is a try with Gimp,so i am not sure........

so wat you think?

cheers
    Ralf
    Great work, Ralf !

No " BREITLING CONSTELLATION " then ?... ( according to the real thing but without the "SUPER" .. ;-)

Going to add the white stripe to the cheatline ?

Edit: Ahh, scratch that, you choosed the DC-3 livery as example... Well done, mate ! ( Lufthansa is grossartig too ! ) (could it be that the Lufthansa flash on the outer vertical stabs do not run parallel with the one on the inner stab ?... )

just uploaded:
    happy flying!
    Panair is wonderful too, Jan Kees, muito obrigado !

Could it perhaps be a preprocess for this ? : https://www.flickr.com/photos/ediney/14558002378

( sorry, i'll grab my coat..

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Great work, Ralf !

No " BREITLING CONSTELLATION " then ?... ( according to the real thing but without the "SUPER" .. ;-)

Going to add the white stripe to the cheatline ?

Edit: Ahh, scratch that, you choosed the DC-3 livery as example... Well done, mate ! ( Lufthansa is grossartig too ! ) (could it be that the Lufthansa flash on the outer vertical stabs do not run parallel with the one on the inner stab ?... )
    Thank´s Jan,
    i am to busy with your Vc-betatesting.......
    You are right,has some errors,and they are most fictional............but i try to learn,maybee i will update them........when VC is ready!

cheers
    Ralf

One new years night and out comes a swath of new paints

Argrhhhh, had it with the repaint for this year... will try next year...

End result of this year:

Still not happy with the tone of the blue and also the metal shine. Think the Alpha and specs needs some tweaking.

Now off to the "oliebollen" en "appelflappen".

Have a safe ending of the year all and best wished for the new year!

Marcel

Almost there trying to find some small bits that need tweaking.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-12-31_15-48-3-431.jpg   2016-12-31_15-43-31-674.jpg   2016-12-31_15-47-36-448.jpg  

Looking Great HappyG

Well here is a good example of a shiny aeroplane (LOL)

It just struck me looking at the textures on the Connie, how the engines and wings are good but the fuselage can have more of grey tone than chrome. As for me well I am no expert but I do love a well polished aluminium aeroplane. Note sure why they painted the HARS Connie grey on the lower fuselage and engine cowls. Anyway I will hand over to the experts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lockheed-L-1049C-Super-Constellation-VH-EAI-Southern-Sun-CC-c55-1-Alan-Jenkins.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by gradyhappyg View Post
    Almost there trying to find some small bits that need tweaking.

WOW...I'll be downloading this baby for sure when it is complete...What a beauty.

Kent

Members who have read this thread: 0