A2A Connie is released! - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: A2A Connie is released!

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Enjoying the liveries, but am eagerly awatying the "The Flying Dutchman" one,
    Marcel will be taking care of flying dutchmen, Manfred. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1058170

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Jan , not sure what it is but the link you posted with those photo's .. that longer nose really just add's to the look of the Connie, its a Great link, funny as you study the aircraft it really seems to add to its good looks.
    Unlike humans she remains the gorgeous and gracefull lady she's always been no matter what plastic surgery they have inflicted upon her.

The radar nose does do her well indeed. I cannot remember the time i did *not* study the Connie, Ian. To me it's the most beautiful and impressive airliner ever. I once covered the 1:72 Heller model completely with household aluminium foil. (after careful modification into a L-049, including new engine nacelles and sanding off the unindented panel lines and engraving new indented panel lines). Panel by panel to avoid wrinkling. Took one and a half year. Yep, i love the Connie.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Jan, thank your for that link, I found some new inspriration.
    Great to know, Jan Kees !

As for the AF logo, I was aware of that, and other errors, these were shots from my first testflight. I am still working without a paintkit, and thus figuring out the texture layout
    Figured it would be something like that. No doubt it will be absolutely perfect !

KLM, lots of people said they were going to paint that, I'm sure it will come..
    Yes, Marcel will do the early scheme and someone at the A2A forum will be doing a later scheme with white roof although based on the 749.

Thanks!

Hiya,

Indeed working on a KLM livery. Stewardess and airstairs are finished:

Awaiting the paintkit, i already did some work on the stripe on the fuselage, which is a big challenge due to the curve of the fuselage and the way the textures are mapped.
    Straid line on the texture will give a curved line on the aircraft, so to make a strait line on the aircraft you need to make a curved line on the texture. For this i really need the
    repaintkit with a mesh-layer to see how the fuselage is curved is in relation to the textures.

Also already ran into a problem with the "passing light" runs strait through the KLM crown logo on the nose. Even with all the textures removed (normal/spec/bump) it still show because of the material i think.

Asked Lewis (A2A) if there is a solution for this.

Regards,

Marcel

Haha, B&B? of course not! But does it look good or what?
    Yep it looks great!

this better?

still not completely happy, but slowly getting there
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I guess it is getting out of turn but does anybody know whether some variants of the Constellation are planned by A2A, namely the L749 (An 049 with more tankage) and the L1049 (long nose and tip. tanks). I really like all the Constellations and well really getting to know the aeroplane again via the 049 is no bad thing either. But for design and style then the long nose tip tanked L1049 has to be it.

On a personal note it was a trip to PNG in the Qantas Connie as wee youngster that really inspired me to get into aviation professionally. The sound of those engines is burned into my memory as was the view from the windows which was pretty amazing and there is nothing like the sound of that synchronised rumble of a Connie (and the DC-3) going overhead at altitude to make you heart skip a beat. Alas it is the one thing that FSX cannot do recreate that doppler sound shift of an aircraft going overhead.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Going to download today! It seems that many people want the long-nose Connies, but I prefer the snort nose. Not that my opinion should be of concern to anyone, but I would not want A2A to think that the short nose isn’t preferred by at least some of us.<o></o>

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Unlike humans she remains the gorgeous and gracefull lady she's always been no matter what plastic surgery they have inflicted upon her.

The radar nose does do her well indeed. I cannot remember the time i did *not* study the Connie, Ian. To me it's the most beautiful and impressive airliner ever. I once covered the 1:72 Heller model completely with household aluminium foil. (after careful modification into a L-049, including new engine nacelles and sanding off the unindented panel lines and engraving new indented panel lines). Panel by panel to avoid wrinkling. Took one and a half year. Yep, i love the Connie.
    The things we do with our plastic model kitset's , funny how one aircraft has created so much interest, You like me and everyone here who's Connie mad dose really get to look at the nuts and bolts, me I have a personal story from childhood, then on the HARS aircraft one crew member said two me, here comes the Spy again , tho it was a 1049, one thing a visitor said was "WOW look how big the cabin is" .. an aircraft from a different era.

this better?
    still not completely happy, but slowly getting there
    Just Cruise with Connie , Looking Great

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    I guess it is getting out of turn but does anybody know whether some variants of the Constellation are planned by A2A, namely the L749 (An 049 with more tankage) and the L1049 (long nose and tip. tanks). I really like all the Constellations and well really getting to know the aeroplane again via the 049 is no bad thing either. But for design and style then the long nose tip tanked L1049 has to be it.

On a personal note it was a trip to PNG in the Qantas Connie as wee youngster that really inspired me to get into aviation professionally. The sound of those engines is burned into my memory as was the view from the windows which was pretty amazing and there is nothing like the sound of that synchronised rumble of a Connie (and the DC-3) going overhead at altitude to make you heart skip a beat. Alas it is the one thing that FSX cannot do recreate that doppler sound shift of an aircraft going overhead.
    Bendy , one thing that stuck in my brain case was 'Pegasus' and 'Phoenix' there was one other but on research belonged to VX-8 , strange how a kid remembers aircraft and forty plus years later also remember specific details.

Man, if you had to ditch at sea you could just jettison that speed pack just before touchdown, grab all the duty free booze, pretzels,and climb aboard awaiting rescue in style.

everytime I look at more pictures, I see errors I made, sigh..I need to stop doing that
    OK, new registration:

and while I'm at it:

might as well do another!

Now, do I make the other two (F-BAZC and F-BAZD) as well...?

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Bit of teaser, still work in progress, still waiting for the repaintkit

KLM "The Flying Dutchman" PH-TDA "Arnhem":

Regards,

Marcel

Coming along nicely, Marcel!
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Crazy question...

I bought the Connie last night and have been loving flying it around. I noticed however, that the windows appear to not be transparent. That said....would it open up the possibility of allowing square vs. round windows added to repaints as has been done on the 377? Just a thought. I posted a request on the A2A forum that they add a radar nose...although I don't see that happening.

Just wondered.

Kent

Hi Kent,

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    I bought the Connie last night and have been loving flying it around. I noticed however, that the windows appear to not be transparent. That said....would it open up the possibility of allowing square vs. round windows added to repaints as has been done on the 377? Just a thought. I posted a request on the A2A forum that they add a radar nose...although I don't see that happening.
    The windows are of some sort of different material (glass) so you can not really change them by repainting. See the effect above with the passing-light on the nose (KLM crown).

Marcel

You will find the cabin windows unchangeable as they are down to model level. The windows are on the lightmap, so you could change the lighting effect.

As far as the passing light, you would have to find the light itself, and try painting that part of your logo there as an overlay or screen. Light.dds maybe? Then put that sheet in your paint folder to overwrite the original on loading.

edit: Make a new layer above the red light on light.dds Normal is fine. Just did a quick test of the coloring with a gray color. Copy the portion of your logo that is on the lens from your paint and resize accordingly to fit the lens on light.dds. Should work but may have to adjust the brightness to match. Have fun.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-12-29_11-55-56-678.jpg   2016-12-29_11-55-40-78.jpg   2016-12-29_12-47-32-766.jpg   2016-12-29_12-47-43-633.jpg  
    Last edited by ksheadley; December 29th, 2016 at 08:52.

Marcel,

You are making me nervous.

I can only hope A2A releases the paintkit soom, lol
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

I can't wait for the paint kit A2A does such a amazing job on all of their aircraft and paint kits

Flying Dutchman logo is ready

Marcel

Looking Great Mgr , They had a KLM Connie here , then known as 'Harewood' now Christchurch International Airport in Dec 18th 1950 , I'll have to dig up some photo's, must have been one off the first Constellations in New Zealand.

A2A released the paint kit:
    http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...?f=133&t=57430

Let the magic begin

Marcel: that logo is looking great.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    ,,, I posted a request on the A2A forum that they add a radar nose...although I don't see that happening.

Just wondered.

Kent
    I imagine that changing the nose would mean different flight dynamics, and therefore changing the Accu-Sim data.

I can only hope that, over time, A2A considers an expansion pack for different versions of this gem.

everytime I look at more pictures, I see errors I made, sigh..I need to stop doing that
    OK, new registration:
    Looking beautiful, Jan Kees ! I'd say logo spot on now too. Cannot really determine from the screenies but does the cheatline have pale blue edges ? And is the 'anti-glare' area in front of the windscreen the same pale blue, i.e. not white ?

( this decal sheet is a bit confusing because 'C' was a L-049 while 'F' was a L-749. The white background of the logo is transparent for the L-049 )

Eventhough b/w the cheatline edges show up nicely here too. As does the shape of the 'anti-glare' area :

https://nl.pinterest.com/pin/102456960251314595/

Members who have read this thread: 1