A2A Connie is released! - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: A2A Connie is released!

Wonderful Machine

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Honeyview_2016-12-25_16-21-13-640.jpg   Honeyview_2016-12-25_16-18-47-16.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Looks Great JK

Easy enough to reverse, invert the textures , Great thing Alan has paint stripped the Connie giving others a go at adding the numerous 049 paints, only 88 production aircraft .
    yeah I know how to do alphas, however what he did regarding that revised TWA scheme was made it looked unrealistic and Sh!t, that level of high alpha shine on a model that big is out of perspective just like that paint of DOC (b29) some did, again a very high shine looked horrible and makes it look like nasty freeware or something from a cheap game

Anyway A2A imho nailed the correct level of spec and alpha shine, i was hoping the highly polished fad wouldnt make it onto to such a brilliant model

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post

just having fun while I wait for the paintkit
    anyway, is it to your standards where your willing to upload it? cause I likes and really wants

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Great Screen ! I've been playing around with textures ... Scenery again took over ..

Jeansy, not yet, but once the paintkit arrives..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

i understand completely

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Seem some time back there was an Australian group that completely restored a Connie flying it back to Australia. There was a video or TV show about it. The group is called the Historical Aircraft Restoration Society. Here is a short YouTube video of the Connie. Click HERE!!!
    The HARS Connie is usually at the Avalon Airshow, which is on again soon; February 28th through to March 5th, 2017. I went on board, as they let you hop on and sit and wander around for a few dollars donation. It's an awesome experience, even if it is just sitting on the tarmac. I did get a bit of vertigo just climbing the stairs to get on board though. It's a long way up.

I suggested they should put it back in to commercial service, as I would have loved to have flown somewhere in it.

Cheers,

Blog Entries
    She is an absolute BEAUTY! Can't do anything about it for a while but I will eventually. Anxious to see what kind of paints are done for her!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Thanks for the VC paints
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by ksheadley View Post
    already using them and love them, well done theyre very well complied

and I uploaded these two on the usual location:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Thanks for the kind words on the vc paints. Not everyone hangs out on the A2A forum, so I figured at least a link here so people could at least find them until I figure where to permanently host them.

Well, a very good simulation, a very good model, an aeroplane in FSX has finally come along and knocked off the Jahn and the Connie Teams Constellation (Now retired honourably).

Flew it non stop for 2 hours after install, nothing I can say other than it all worked, no bugs whatsoever, installed flawlessly, started flawlessly and went just fine on my now low end machine. The cockpit textures are great but the systems realism is well just simply excellent. A very well done to the A2A team they have done a superb job. Having flown in one these aeroplanes for real a long time ago as a passenger it is a faithful and accurate rendition.

The new VC textures that have also been done are also great.

A great present and start to the new year!

work in progress:

Brilliant JK Cripes you really are hooking into them.

JK love the paints but Brain and Brown? did they ever have a Connie? Is Qantas in the pipeline? bare metal or later white paint?

Haha, B&B? of course not! But does it look good or what?

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Haha, B&B? of course not! But does it look good or what?
    take the B&B off and she'd be exactly like many 049's from the 1960s Looks bloody perfect as is to me

Enjoying the liveries, but am eagerly awatying the "The Flying Dutchman" one,
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Excellente, Jan Kees !

You might want to have another look at the size and position of the AF logo ?

Btw, if you run out of ideas for L-049 liveries : https://get.google.com/albumarchive/...15711009270290

Will be hard to find any that are not portrayed here..

Jan , not sure what it is but the link you posted with those photo's .. that longer nose really just add's to the look of the Connie, its a Great link, funny as you study the aircraft it really seems to add to its good looks.

Jan, thank your for that link, I found some new inspriration.
    As for the AF logo, I was aware of that, and other errors, these were shots from my first testflight. I am still working without a paintkit, and thus figuring out the texture layout.
    KLM, lots of people said they were going to paint that, I'm sure it will come..

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    The HARS Connie is usually at the Avalon Airshow, which is on again soon; February 28th through to March 5th, 2017. I went on board, as they let you hop on and sit and wander around for a few dollars donation. It's an awesome experience, even if it is just sitting on the tarmac. I did get a bit of vertigo just climbing the stairs to get on board though. It's a long way up.

I suggested they should put it back in to commercial service, as I would have loved to have flown somewhere in it.

Cheers,
    Scotth6 - Did you happen to notice what colour the seats were and cockpit panel? I have a suspicion looking at the B&W photos from 1947 that there were black or grey/blue and the instrument panel wa a light grey!

Members who have read this thread: 1