Stuart Green's magnificent Great War aircraft!

Thread: Stuart Green's magnificent Great War aircraft!

Stuart Green's magnificent Great War aircraft!

The Albatros D.III with a stunning skin by RobH

The Caudron G4 in default livery

The Felixstowe F2a in default colours

The Sopwith Cuckoo in default colours

The SPAD S.VII in an unpublished livery by me

The Fokker D.VII in a livery by RobH

The Pfalz D.III in a skin done by me

The Zeppelin Staaken R.VI in default colours

And last but definitely not least the Sopwith Snipe

All great models who despite their age are still in a League of their own!

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post

Cheers,
    Huub
    I agree Huub; excellence all around.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Beautiful indeed, those old Fokkers (and others )

[QUOTE=huub vink;1057955]The Albatros D.III with a stunning skin by RobH

The Caudron G4 in default livery

The Felixstowe F2a in default colours

The Sopwith Cuckoo in default colours

[although some of those fokker
    s were flying Albatrosses or Pfalzes]

Very nice.
    I just did a quick search for the model`s and re paints, but came up blank on the models.

Any one know where to download them from?

Thanks.

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by NSS View Post
    Very nice.
    I just did a quick search for the model`s and re paints, but came up blank on the models.

Any one know where to download them from?

Thanks.

Kev
    Thank you.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Huub -- Are you using a custom sound file for the Snipe? I have that little plane and somehow, the default C-172 set seems a bit too quiet for a radial engine that turns with the propeller...
    Those are some awesome paints too, BTW.

(That's 3 annoying replies to posts, made by me in one day!! Reckon I'd better lay low for a while).

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

And dont forget CFS2 planes work in fs2004.

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Huub -- Are you using a custom sound file for the Snipe? I have that little plane and somehow, the default C-172 set seems a bit too quiet for a radial engine that turns with the propeller...
    Those are some awesome paints too, BTW.

(That's 3 annoying replies to posts, made by me in one day!! Reckon I'd better lay low for a while).

BB686
    Yes, I use custom sounds for the Snipe. I'm not 100% sure but I think I use the sounds which came with the FSX Camel by Craig Richardson.

Cheers,
    Huub

Over the years I have seen many first World War aircraft. Some original but also many replica's and sometimes original aircraft which had been restored in such a way that you wonder what the single left original part is. The Royal Military museum in Brussels has quite a nice collection of original aircraft. And they even have a large collection of original Zeppelin parts on display.

In 2015 I visited the Speyer museum in Germany. A part of this museum is located in a hall which originally belonged to the Pfalz aircraft factory. PFW Aerospace has recently built a beautiful replica which is currently on display in the museum. It is an aircraft with a breathtaking beauty. It is tiny and looks fragile, however it was in fact very sturdy and could dive very fast.
    Over 1,000 have been built, but there isn't one original left. Two replica's have been built for the movie "Blue Max" and these are both in New Zealand. There is an original Pfalz in Australia, howver this is a later mark D.XII.

Stuart Green catches the lines of this beautiful aircraft very nicely. The textures are mine, however never published.

The Pfalz D.III in the early factory livery as it can be found in the Speyer Museum.

The D.IIIa with "Lozenge wings" and late markings as it looked at the end on the War.

Cheers,
    Huub

Huub, I agree, beautiful,

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Ltn. Stachel would be pleased!

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    Ltn. Stachel would be pleased!
    I would rather have impressed the Countess von Klugermann

I don't get into this forum much but I must've won the lottery today. That Albatros is divine, grabbing it now. Thanks for sharing.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

The Albatros was the fist from the highly detailed FS2004 models Stuart did. The model was also available as Sim-Outhouse donationware. The only thing I disliked about this model was the pilot. Luckily the pilot textures are exchangeable so the pilot in my Albatros looks very similar to its creator......

My favourite models form this series are the Fokker D.VII, Spad VII C.1 and the Pfalz D.IIIa. I particularly like the last one in the Jagdstaffel 5 colours. Its funny, because as far as I know there is only one picture which shows this aircraft in the background. Based on the single poor black and white picture it is nearly impossible so say something about colours. Nevertheless is is one of the best known liveries. Most likely because Eduard released their plastic model kit in this livery.

Cheers,
    Huub

Over the years I have seen many first World War aircraft. Some original but also many replica's and sometimes original aircraft which had been restored in such a way that you wonder what the single left original part is. The Royal Military museum in Brussels has quite a nice collection of original aircraft. And they even have a large collection of original Zeppelin parts on display.

In 2015 I visited the Speyer museum in Germany. A part of this museum is located in a hall which originally belonged to the Pfalz aircraft factory. PFW Aerospace has recently built a beautiful replica which is currently on display in the museum. It is an aircraft with a breathtaking beauty. It is tiny and looks fragile, however it was in fact very sturdy and could dive very fast.
    Over 1,000 have been built, but there isn't one original left. Two replica's have been built for the movie "Blue Max" and these are both in New Zealand. There is an original Pfalz in Australia, howver this is a later mark D.XII.

Stuart Green catches the lines of this beautiful aircraft very nicely. The textures are mine, however never published.

The Pfalz D.III in the early factory livery as it can be found in the Speyer Museum.

The D.IIIa with "Lozenge wings" and late markings as it looked at the end on the War.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Lovely work Huub.
    Here are the D.III s in NZ....just scroll down a bit.... http://rnzaf.proboards.com/search/re...&search=Search

Members who have read this thread: 2