Traffic Toolbox for P3D_V3+

Thread: Traffic Toolbox for P3D_V3+

Traffic Toolbox for P3D_V3+

Is anyone using this and if so, how did you get it to load. I have it in the "dll.xml" but it does not load. The only things that show under "Tools" in the drop down menu are "Sim Director" and "Navigation Visuals".
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I found another individual in the P3D Forums that had the very same problem. The Fix seems to work and that is to use the dll.xml file in the Traffic Tools folder of the SDK, then cut and paste all other dll's from the original into the new file below the Traffic Toolbox entry. Sure enough it loaded.

Current System Specs:

Well, this is much ado about nothing so far. It's available, but the only function that seems to work is the "Options" and even that doesn't keep changes to the settings. I make changes, close it and when I reopen they're all back to their original settings. The Map doesn't show anything and "Explorer", whatever that is, simply causes a CTD.

Current System Specs:

Fixed. . .The cause was having an SDK that didn't match the P3D version I was running. I fixed that by updating both my version of P3D and the SDK so they matched. That, however did not get the Traffic Toolbox working. Even with the updated info corrected in the dll.xml file, Traffic Toolbox would not load. I found a fix in the SDK Forum at P3D. Use the dll.xml file from the Traffic Toolbox folder in the SDK as a starting point, then copy and paste the remaining entries from the original into the new dll.xml. I don't understand why simply adding the correct version numbers into the current dll.xml file won't work, but it just doesn't.

Using this workaround fixed it though and that's all that counts.

Current System Specs:

Ed,

I have recently installed the P3d program and am interested as to how you solved the Traffic Toolbox issue. I know that there is a dll.xml that is copied over from the SDK folder to the root P3d folder
    but I would like to know is how to edit that xml fils. MY Sdk is installed on my Drive P and so in my P3d but I installed them to their default locations except I changed the C: to t P:

I figure once it is set up, how is it located on the menu screen in P3d?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Fixed. . .The cause was having an SDK that didn't match the P3D version I was running. I fixed that by updating both my version of P3D and the SDK so they matched. That, however did not get the Traffic Toolbox working. Even with the updated info corrected in the dll.xml file, Traffic Toolbox would not load. I found a fix in the SDK Forum at P3D. Use the dll.xml file from the Traffic Toolbox folder in the SDK as a starting point, then copy and paste the remaining entries from the original into the new dll.xml. I don't understand why simply adding the correct version numbers into the current dll.xml file won't work, but it just doesn't.

Using this workaround fixed it though and that's all that counts.

Sorry for late reply, guys...

The dll.xml to look for, and possibly edit, is located, in Windows 10, in C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
    This is a text file you can edit with the Windows Notepad or any other raw text editor.
    At my side, I am using Notepad++
    The entry to insert is
    ...<Launch.Addon>
    ......<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
    ......<Disabled>False</Disabled>
    ......<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    ......<Path>SDK\Environment SDK\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
    (or, if you do like me already have the dll in P3D's root directory,
    ......<Path>F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\traffictoolbox.dll</Path> <-----adapt as per actual location of the dll in you simulator)

...</Launch.Addon>
    Save, and fire up P3D. You should find Traffic Toolbox under Menu, Tools

My 2 cents....
    Windows 10 x64, Z170A Gaming Pro Mobo, i7-6700K CPU (no O/C), 32 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX3060 12Gb, P3D v5 latest edition, mesh Toposim, packs ORBX FTX Global Base + Vector + OpenLC, + Trees HD, ASP3D, ASCA, P3D v6 latest edition, mesh Toposim + TEP, X-Plane 12, simHeaven X-World, M2XP Antarctica

Members who have read this thread: 0