Northrop P61 Black Widow set uploaded - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Northrop P61 Black Widow set uploaded

Leaving both reticle sizes and using the Shift + { and } keys you can cycle through the different sizes

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Will there be a updated aircraft in the future posted in the warbirds section ? Or do we have to do it manually ? Still enjoyable as is even if the landing gear bug is there. Don't want to mess anything up as i'm pretty easy to confuse.
    Yes mate, we will release a updated package.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    Three chutes on the 219, check the number of exits in the xdp.
    Getting the same three chutes with He219A-0_M1 even afther reducing the crew to 1.

It has to do with the number of seats defined in the seats section of the xdp.

Had a look :2 pilots seats view and one radar operator seat.
    This explains why there are 3 chutes. Can it be fixed without eliminating a pilot view?

Thanks for this. Just curious, will there be the photo-recon version of this for DPC Korea known as the F-15 reporter/

See here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_F-15_Reporter

They actually missed the war by a month, but they did make a significant contribution with taking mapping photos that were done in the years before the war started.

The model would need to look a bit different to create this correctly, but I've already started work on a stand-in version with the models we have.
    Last edited by MajorMagee; December 25th, 2016 at 10:35.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Cool. looking fwd to those.

"During their operational lifetime F-15As, mostly operating from bases in Japan, were responsible for most of the aerial maps of North Korea used at the start of the Korean War. These photographs were to prove extremely valuable, as it was not until the arrival of Marine photo-reconnaissance F7F-3P in late 1950 that additional photographs of the peninsula could be made, and then only under constant threat from attacking North Korean MiGs.[2]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_F-15_Reporter

Quote Originally Posted by gosd View Post
    This explains why there are 3 chutes. Can it be fixed without eliminating a pilot view?
    Yes, within each seat section there is a further indented section with the label "stations" and then "station" where the different views are defined. If you cut a station section out of one seat and paste into the stations section of the other seat and delete the now empty extra seat section you will still have all the views but one less seat and thus one less parachute.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    They actually missed the war by a month, but they did make a significant contribution with taking mapping photos that were done in the years before the war started.

The model would need to look a bit different to create this correctly, but I've already started work on a stand-in version with the models we have.
    There's a fair amount of "what if" in this rendition. The model is wrong as mentioned above though I've modified the flight dynamics to match the performance of the later RF-61C (F-15A). The finish while the 8th PRS was in service was bare aluminum, but assuming they had not been disbanded for operational maintenance reasons just prior to the start of the war, they may have reverted to gloss black for night recon missions over Korea. When the F7F-3P took over this role later in the war, they had great difficulty avoiding the Migs, so switching primarily to night missions as the B-29s eventually had to is not all that unrealistic.

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I figured out an appropriate way to add the 8 Ball nose art to the gloss black finish on 559306.

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

The RF-61C had six cameras mounted in the nose bay. I've added a Photographer station that takes six different oblique shots and two along the line of flight that can be blended into a mosaic.

7 Images Captured From 32,000 ft above the airfield.
    60 degree left, 75 degree down
    60 degree left, 60 degree down
    60 degree left, 45 degree down
    60 degree right, 75 degree down
    60 degree right, 60 degree down
    60 degree right, 45 degree down
    Center, 90 degrees down

Now i just need to figure out a photoflash weapon.
    Last edited by MajorMagee; December 26th, 2016 at 18:03.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Bravo! Verywell done.

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Icon22 Pilot stations

Quote Originally Posted by gosd View Post
    Just a thought, you might want to ask why the designer modeled the pilot stations that way before you go around revising the files..... just saying

In fact I am using this model in order to try to understand to what the number of chutes are related and why in some cases their number comes out Ok and in other cases they are above or short of the number of crew.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    The RF-61C had six cameras mounted in the nose bay. I've added a Photographer station that takes six different oblique shots and two along the line of flight that can be blended into a mosaic.

7 Images Captured From 32,000 ft above the airfield.
    60 degree left, 75 degree down
    60 degree left, 60 degree down
    60 degree left, 45 degree down
    60 degree right, 75 degree down
    60 degree right, 60 degree down
    60 degree right, 45 degree down
    Center, 90 degrees down

Now i just need to figure out a photoflash weapon.
    Great!! That's why I always wanted a new and better P-38 model that could be dressed up as an F-5...
    Now, if you create two camera positions that picture the same area from two slightly different angles simultaneously, print the results and put them under a stereoscope, you could sell it as a 'CFS3 Intel Officer' -sim!

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Okay, I figured out how to do a magnesium flare. It deploys at 2,500 ft, and lights up a pretty decent area. I created some new pylons so you can carry up to 14 flares that burn for 5 minutes, but they get deployed in sets of 2 so you need to plan ahead about what areas you really want to cover.

Magnesium Parachute Flares

Return Pass To Capture Images

Oblique Photo With A Set Of Flares Deployed At Each End Of The Airfield
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

If you set up your flares as torpedoes they will deploy singly.

Perfect. Thanks!
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

With my recent effort on the RF-61C night recon missions, I realized that there was something amiss with the brightness of the flare and parachute image at night (see screenshot above). The area illumination effect on the ground was fine (that's created a different way), so I didn't immediately realize there was anything wrong with the flare image itself. With AnKor's shaders the sprites are dimmed at night unless you specifically exclude them in the texturemagic.ini file in the shaders30 folder. To correct this I needed to add the dds filenames for the flare and it's local light effects to the list in the [FullbrightSprite] ; section.

If you've noticed any other effects that seem dim when they really shouldn't be you would correct them in the same way by adding the appropriate dds file to the list.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi All,

The updated set will be available in about 5 or 6 weeks. the model files will be updated to remedy the flap issue, and xdp files will be (already have been) edited to fix listed issues thus far. config files updated to correct landing gear placement etc.

For the issue raised for the main P61 set where the front turret did not have a visible reticle whilst using Ankors shaders. Major Magee put up a fix that moved the reticle position. but it led to a down sizing of all reticles for all P61 aircraft. I have taken that idea but instead of applying it to the n9_reflector_gunsight effect. I have created a second effect set called n9a_reflector_gunsight (put an A after the 9 in the name)

I then included a second texture labelled with a 9A for that effect to use. and in the .ini file for the shaders set I added in the second texture name and re-scaled that to the values listed.

I then had the 2 affected aircraft call on the second 9a named effects. this means there's no resizing of all the reticles in all planes.

thanks for all the comments and issue spotting.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

@Rob,
    Thank you for the update and all the work you and your mates put in this excellent project.

Great job!
    Thank you so much !

Blog Entries
    Have just managed to get around to downloading this, absolutely brilliant and a fine Christmas pressie! Many thanks to all involved!

Off to spend a bit of time getting to know her.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Members who have read this thread: 1