MAIW releases RAF Lakenheath and Upper Heyford - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MAIW releases RAF Lakenheath and Upper Heyford

For FS purposes like the mix of F-4, F-111 and F-15 all together, but historically not sure they all overlapped?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    For FS purposes like the mix of F-4, F-111 and F-15 all together, but historically not sure they all overlapped?
    From what I can see, it looks like the only overlap would be due to the squadrons of the 48th FW receiving new equipment over the course of a few months. The Phantoms were swapped for F-111s in 1977, so some potential ramp-sharing then, and in turn, the Aardvarks were replaced by the F-15s in 1992.

Zsolt shows F-4Gs coming over from Spangdahlem and that should fit the timeframe when the 48th swapped from F-111 to F-15Es.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

20th TFW at Upper Heyford were F-100D/F before F-111Es and 48th TFW at Lakenheath were F-4Ds before F-111F.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What an extraextraextraordinary scenery. Thank you so much, Ian and team!
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Zsolt shows F-4Gs coming over from Spangdahlem and that should fit the timeframe when the 48th swapped from F-111 to F-15Es.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Just a small point for those interested:

On the MAIW site there is an FSX sound set available for the AI F-15s that is simply amazing. Download it. You won't be sorry.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Ian McCartney and company created awesome new FSX/P3D scenery for RAF Lakenheath and Upper Heyford. While still an ACG project, RAF Lakenheath was put on hold because of possible legal issues with the MoD, great to see it got published now (downloads are available for MAIW members).

Hi,

The aircraft in your pic, are they all AI, or some static ? I just DL this scenery and all seems deserted ..... just have cars.
    I found some Lakenheath AI paints by Zsolt B.at Avsim so far, but need them in FSX code as have UT2 as well.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

SOH-CM-2022
    Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Hi,

The aircraft in your pic, are they all AI, or some static ? I just DL this scenery and all seems deserted ..... just have cars.
    I found some Lakenheath AI paints by Zsolt B.at Avsim so far, but need them in FSX code as have UT2 as well.
    The F-15s are AI. You need to get the JYAI F-15 models. They are available over at MAIW. While you are at it get his AI Osprey models as they are based at Mildenhall and will make the occasional visit to Lakenheath.
    The models are available compiled for FSX and FS9. Just make sure you download the FSX package.

Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by gavinc View Post
    The F-15s are AI. You need to get the JYAI F-15 models. They are available over at MAIW. While you are at it get his AI Osprey models as they are based at Mildenhall and will make the occasional visit to Lakenheath.
    The models are available compiled for FSX and FS9. Just make sure you download the FSX package.

Gavin
    Thank-you.

I now have these, ....... but there are no AFCAD files or flight plans for RAF Lakenheath included.

Do you know where to download these, please ?

Thank-you,
    MZ ...
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Members who have read this thread: 0