Virtual Airplane Book & Aircraft Dessign for P3D

Thread: Virtual Airplane Book & Aircraft Dessign for P3D

Virtual Airplane Book & Aircraft Dessign for P3D

I purchased a set of 4 books by Witold Jaworski titled Virtual Airplane with the intent of developing my first freeware aircraft. I was wonding if anyone else had read and/or used it to develop aicraft for P3D or FSX?
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

I am curious if it is worth the money. I'd like to try Blender out on making aircraft even though I use FSDS. I do like FSDS but you can't export to other sims easily with it like X-Plane.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've gotten by fine with Milton Shupe tuts but I not doing super detail work.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Zoren, I'll let you know, at this point I have gmax (I've had an old copy of 3dsMax), FSDS, and Blender and have just started with book one. I'm now retired from civilian life so my hobby just got on a 20-30 hour work week on this. Gathering 3 views, books, photos, etc. I'll post back here on the progress.

Allen, I have been a huge fan of Milton's work and others like Dino Canetto. I have tried to find the tutorials (I think they are GMax?) but were unsuccessful. Do you have a direct link?
    Very Respectfully,

Fac Fortia Et Patere

Have a look at the sticky threads above, all the things you scroll past to get to this thread. ;-)

After looking at a preview on Amazon, I see the books cover modelling with Blender, using Gimp and Inkscape for texturing and detailing. All free software, so this is a Good Thing.
    Last edited by hairyspin; December 20th, 2016 at 10:53.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Love to see new blood getting into modeling as some of us old-timers prepare to retire. Best of luck.

Anything we can do to help your progress or understanding, please holler out. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Tom and Milton, thank you both for all the wonderful free aircraft and outstanding design and development posts. This is my first time down here and started digesting as much as can i can get stuffed in my brainpan.

There are a thousand questions but I'm getting some answered already. Got let the holidays pass before I get back to the workspace and start wading through drawings, the books, your tutorials, advice, and wisdom.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year.
    Very Respectfully,

Fac Fortia Et Patere

I decided to get the book...books, even digital, are my one weakness.

So far it looks pretty good. I won't/can't give a full review of it or even partial as I most likely won't read ever page. As with FSDS, I'll pick and choose what I need at the time. I am hoping it (Blender...) will do what I want/need for my Tutor project as FSDS just doesn't have what I am looking for any more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just FYI, there are a lot of Blender users and much discussion at FSDeveloper on the that tool. That may be very helper if Blender is your tool of choice.

FSDeveloper Blender Forum: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/blender.136/
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; December 24th, 2016 at 12:47.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Been taking a look at all the stuff over there...and here. Thank you again Milton, I hope you had a great Christmas and have a prosperous new year!
    Very Respectfully,

Fac Fortia Et Patere

Quote Originally Posted by docjohnson View Post
    Been taking a look at all the stuff over there...and here. Thank you again Milton, I hope you had a great Christmas and have a prosperous new year!
    Welcome to retirement. I have been retired for 5.5 years and love it. Great for modeling and doing sim creations when you can invest 8-14 hours per day.. :-)

If after the holidays, you need some gmax help getting started, I would be happy to chat through Teamspeak and share stuff to help you.
    It's fast and efficient when you can talk interactively and share things.

If you need any particular video tutes on "how to's", let me know. Gmax only.

Milton
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Will do...
    Very Respectfully,

Fac Fortia Et Patere

I just wanted to come back and thank everyone for their encouragement and info. After over 3 years of hard work, I was part of a team releasing the first aircraft as a developer, the SWS Cessna T-37B Tweet. It was a long, sometimes tortuous journey; in the end it produced what others have already said is a great aircraft. H/T to all the modelers and other developers out there that do this kind of work. Especially the freeware aircraft developers. I now know how hard you work to produce a quality aircraft for little to no profit.

I hope everyone enjoys flying it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KVPS T-37B 1.jpg  
    Very Respectfully,

Fac Fortia Et Patere

Congratulations, Jim, that looks a fine model! And well done for sticking with it to a finished result!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Wow! That looks great! Congrats on getting through the processes and delivering you first.
    It gets easier as you go.

Now, I'll go download this beauty.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 0