The Milviz Bamboo Bomber Released - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Milviz Bamboo Bomber Released

btw. Service pack for MV T-50 incoming.
    Please notice nice 3D prop effect from the side.

Second. New inside and outside view. For example copilot:

Last edited by YoYo; January 3rd, 2017 at 10:55.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Hi Bill, are You sure? I never saw any tooltips in many MV addons in FSX or P3D so perhaps they arent coded....?
    I'm absolutely sure, given that I'm the one who writes the scripts!
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    I'm absolutely sure, given that I'm the one who writes the scripts!
    Ah, ok. I see tooltips only on Radio channel (LFR) and "Hide a yoke" .

Btw. here is nice feature of this addon:

(but You must be good listener for this)
    Last edited by YoYo; January 3rd, 2017 at 12:20.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by davido53 View Post
    any of these still flying?
    There are a good handful of Cessna Bobcats still flying today - in-fact most of the paint schemes included with the Milviz product are examples that fly today. For instance, the yellow USAAF example is privately owned by an individual named Edgar Newberg of Hector, Minnesota (though these days the aircraft has the post-1947 red bars added to the insignias), the silver '415' one is owned by Larry Kelley (same owner as the B-25 "Panchito"), the Navy example, "Lo Lo", is owned/operated by The Collings Foundation, the yellow RCAF example is owned/operated by the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum (where it is known as the "Crane", not "Bobcat"), and the olive drab/gray example is privately owned by an individual named Terry Sullivan of Bossier City, Louisiana.

My absolute favorite Bobcat was N41795, but it crashed/was destroyed, along with the fatalities of both the husband & wife owners, in 2013. I always really liked the civilian paint scheme it wore, but there are also quite a number of other great civilian schemes worn by Bobcats.

The Bobcat "Spirit of '43" N88878 lives fairly close to me, and is flown quite often. I've had the pleasure of seeing three separate Cessna Bobcat restorations within the past few years, two of which are intended to be flown when completed.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Service Release #2 available!

Service Release #2 has been released. Update link in the support forums.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Thanks Bill, but there are still no tool tips. Are we never likely to see tool tips?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Thanks Bill, but there are still no tool tips. Are we never likely to see tool tips?
    I don't have tool tips in any aircraft since switching over to DX10 with the fixer. I always view it as the lesser of 2 evils

Maybe that is why some complain of having no tool tips? Just a thought and apologies if this is not the solution, or the answer even...

A
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Quote Originally Posted by alehead View Post
    I don't have tool tips in any aircraft since switching over to DX10 with the fixer. I always view it as the lesser of 2 evils

Maybe that is why some complain of having no tool tips? Just a thought and apologies if this is not the solution, or the answer even...

A
    To get to tool tips in Dx10 you just need to go into windowed mode, which I always do to set mixture and prop pitch etc.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by alehead View Post

A
    I'm running DX9 and as detailed in my earlier post, there are a few working tool tips but most of the important ones are not showing.
    Disappointing if this has not been fixed in the latest SP, as it's the only thing spoiling an otherwise great little add-on!

Btw. if someone has a problem with take off (T-50 turns to left with tailwheel "on" with wind more than 0 and real weather) I can advice You to use (if You have separate throttle for engines) more power for left engine as compensate (+ near 3000 on the left manifold pressure gauge, so L=25, R=22) until the rudder will be efficient.
    In this time You will be in the center line of airstrip with crosswind also.

It's recommended to use some right-rudder trim in the real aircraft for takeoff, so I do the same in the sim as well, which helps.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    It's recommended to use some right-rudder trim in the real aircraft for takeoff, so I do the same in the sim as well, which helps.
    For sure its (the rudder) more real but in P3D its not always enough,
    it likes to turn left like a crazy .

I don't have this plane, but have you tried adding throttle more slowly?

Yes, continuing to slowly apply throttle through the takeoff run helps to counter the p-factor on takeoff a lot as well, with higher power only coming on once the airspeed is high enough to allow the rudder to be fully effective. What I should have said is that, in addition to what YoYo mentions about differentiating the throttles to counter the p-factor, some right rudder trim is also recommended for takeoff in the real aircraft. When flying the real aircraft, just as in the sim, rudder trim and differentiating throttle input is recommended for takeoff, and the throttles should be able to be put all the way to the stops on takeoff, just as in the real aircraft.

There are some characteristics about operating the Bobcat (such as the high Vme (90mph), and low flap speed (108mph)) that made pilots who trained on the Bobcat less stressed/quite relieved when they got into aircraft like the B-17, where flying/aircraft operations actually felt easier to them.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    For sure its (the rudder) more real but in P3D its not always enough,
    it likes to turn left like a crazy .
    I also recommend cranking in a bit of aileron trim. Yes, I know that the Bobcat has a fixed, bendable tab on the right aileron that is adjusted while on ground, but for the sim I added a hidden mouse point on the black square panel just in front of the pilot's left knee - with a working tooltip! - so that the sim pilot can make adjustments as desired. I've found ~+7º of aileron trim allows for hands-off level flight.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

Quote Originally Posted by Portia911 View Post
    I'm running DX9 and as detailed in my earlier post, there are a few working tool tips but most of the important ones are not showing.
    Disappointing if this has not been fixed in the latest SP, as it's the only thing spoiling an otherwise great little add-on!
    The tooltips are added to the model when it is compiled. Whether the sim decides to show them or not is not under our direct control. For example,
    Code:
    TOOLTIPTEXT_THROTTLE_MIXTURE_PERCENT
    is used on the mixture levers, yet refuses to show up in the sim...

Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

Is anyone working on Repainting any of these Restored T-50/UC-78's?
    I wish Milviz would have included clean repaints as well as the worn ones for those who like that. But Larry Kelly's N266C, '415' from Pampa, TX and Terry Kelly's N6671, OD Green airplane are kept in amazing shape. (For Sale as we speak) These airplanes were huge investments and are really well taken care of. (Although I hear '415' is currently disassembled awaiting repair) "Spirit of '43" is a beautiful airplane but gets flown enough to show a little wear. Another Stunning UC-78 is Elmer Steir's N60453. I think a couple Squadron's of the CAF have Bamboo Bombers too. Would sure like to see "Spirit of 43" and Elmer Steir's airplanes painted for this incredible Milviz Model. The more I fly it...the more I enjoy it!!

Members who have read this thread: 2