HU: Two new classic planes by Dave Molyneaux

Thread: HU: Two new classic planes by Dave Molyneaux

HU: Two new classic planes by Dave Molyneaux

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 General Aviation FS2004 Chrislea Sky Jeep
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: chrislea_sky_jeep.zip
    Size: 9,848,854 Date: 12-15-2016 Downloads: 214

FS2004 Chrislea Sky Jeep. The Chrislea SkyJeep was the successor to the Super Ace featuring conventional controls and a more powerful Cirrus III engine. Of the three built, this example is the only one still flying and is in the U.K. Over its lifetime it has experienced numerous mishaps and rebuilds. This model is built for FS2004 but also works in FSX. It was first published at BritSim. By David Molyneaux.

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 General Aviation FS2004 Chrislea Super Ace
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: chrislea_super_ace.zip
    Size: 9,475,915 Date: 12-15-2016 Downloads: 199

FS2004 Chrislea Super Ace. The Chrislea Super Ace is a high-wing four seat cabin monoplane with a tricycle undercarriage and twin fins. The Ace has an unusual 'steering wheel' control arrangement which eliminated the conventional rudder bar (subsequently reinstated). Eighteen were built before the company closed, two are still flying in the U.K. It will be useful to read the included history to see how the 'steering wheel' is operated' before attempting a flight. It's perhaps not too surprising to learn that the system was not the success that the non-flying designer had hoped for. This model is built for FS2004 but also works in FSX. It was first published at BritSim. By David Molyneaux.

A couple of real beauties, as we are so often gifted with by Dave M.

Not new though; they were originally released on Britsim almost five years ago.

I hope this re-release on FlightSim isn't a sign that Britsim is gone for good...

Thanks Folks, commentd appreciated. I have no idea whether Britsim will ever return - the web site has sadly totally gone.
    Cheers
    Dave M(oly)

Quote Originally Posted by molyned View Post
    Thanks Folks, commentd appreciated. I have no idea whether Britsim will ever return - the web site has sadly totally gone.
    Cheers
    Dave M(oly)
    I was afraid of that. It's been off line so long now that I stopped expecting a return some time ago, and lately even stopped hoping.

I always liked Britsim. It had a lot in common with this site. Its a sad loss for our hobby.

Members who have read this thread: 0