complete cfs3 frustrated

Thread: complete cfs3 frustrated

complete cfs3 frustrated

Dear all, as I am completely frustrated about cfs3 eto & bob, for every time I try to install a new item (plane, mission or whatsoever), I get 2 problems. 1 is the message that my configuration override is out of date, and no matter what I do, nothing works, only a complete new installation. But after that, doing somthing new gives the same problem or, problem #2, the game starts and immediately gets the shivers and tells me that the installation is corrupted, so I can only close it. But when I check with ctrl alt del I see that cfs3 is still running. Suggestions more than welcome, hertzie

Setting the config:– once you've got the settings done, use the menu to quit and save. Don't click on the X button or your settings won't be saved.

Quitting CFS3 properly in Win 7, 8 and 10:– use Control + Shift +Q

Have you patched your installs to CFS3.1a?
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Blog Entries
    is that v3.1a ?
    Look What I Have Become!

Yes it is 3.1 and I've saved a 1000 times, doesn't work. Use Win7

3.1a is the 2nd update after 3.1. Have that???

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

hertzie, That error means you have to run the config in your cfs3 folder. I took a video of my settings and have to redo it as well every time my graphic card updates. The guys above are really misleading, first off you don't need 3.1a. it was only to fix an instrument panel on one of the allied bombers but you do need 3.1.
    go to your cfs3 folder and locate cfs3config.exe double click it will detect your system. Next click window tab (still in the config program)file in that program then custom then will give you some message just click ok, it will take you to image settings put the 6 sliders to full on image quality then click 'window' where it says window the other four just copy/use aragon settings in my signature. or use your own

ETO? How do I install it? Download Links? HERE Horizontal lines at menu after installing ETO? - FIX - choose a wingman, plane, then try quick mission.I found this config setup ArgonV posted at simhq, works good HERE Graphics card updates change your game settings? With error? Ankor's Shader fixes it HERE Nvidia HERE

Hi Starbage1, I did all you said and much more and more often and result is nada niente nothing. Thats why I'm so frustrated! But many thanks to all of you for the help.

it happens when you update your graphic driver and also might using the new sweetfx/enb/reshade version
    try to remove configoverrides.xml & defaultoverrides.xml in your document settings/user/microsoft/your ETO, then try again your config setup and try to check your windows date at the bottom right, the date must be the same when you create the config setup and if it still happen try to remove your cfs3.exe and replace with the new one

Oh, and another quick shot:

Run cfs3config.exe as admin. You know: right-click on the .exe, choose properties. In the compatibiliy-tab click on "run program in compatibility-mode", choose Windows XP SP3 and further down, click on "run program as admin". Same goes for all other cfs3 related programs as cfs3 itself and the MissionBuilder.

If not running as admin in Win 7 and 10, the config-tools can't save in the settings-directory.

Members who have read this thread: 1