Dimensions to buildings

Thread: Dimensions to buildings

Dimensions to buildings

Having a problem with dimesions to buildings; they come out as cross shaped with no depth.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shot12-15-16-00-01-23.jpg  

Those look like tree models that are having a building texture mapped to them. It's most likely a texture sheet problem.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Interesting, I've never heard of that happening before.

think it's scenerysheet01.dds problem with model..might try to replace it with those vanila or wmscenery

I have temporarely solved the issue by using the ZXzapper prior to starting a game but I amtrying to figure out the cause in order to get a more permanent solution.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    Those look like tree models that are having a building texture mapped to them. It's most likely a texture sheet problem.
    How can I go about solving this problem?

I don't know what causes this in your case, but one idea is that scenery sheet XML doesn't match the DDS file. This XML file describes the size and placement of smaller textures inside the big DDS.For stock cfs3 install the xml is inside terrains\terrdata.zip and the dds is inside terrains\scenery.zip. I don't use any scenery mods and can't comment on them but if you've accidentally mixed these two files from different mods (or one file is modded but another is stock) you can see this kind of glitch.

This is what happens when you have the wrong scenerysheet.dds. I'm not sure of the precise name, scenerysheet01.dds perhaps. If you have the wrong one it will do that, or if you have more than one you will get the issue sometimes but maybe not all the time. Do a search in the main cfs3 folder for the texture name, and remove all but one. If that doesn't fix it then try each of the scenery sheets your search revealed in turn until it works. Make sure you only have one in your cfs3 folder, doesn't matter which sub folder it's in, cfs3 will find every one that is in the main folder or sub folders and choose one at random.

Members who have read this thread: 0