GSLMan Not Working

Thread: GSLMan Not Working

GSLMan Not Working

I'm trying to install Maskrider Scenery. When I get to the part where GSLMan is supposed to install a "custom gob", I get the error message "Access violation at address 004362D1. Read of address 00052ABF". I'm not sure what this is or what's causing the error message, but is there another way to install the gobs? Might it be because I'm on a Windows 7 64 bit system?

Can't solve your problem, however it is not your OS it works perfect in my Windows 7/64
    Killer Svend

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Svend View Post
    Can't solve your problem, however it is not your OS it works perfect in my Windows 7/64
    Killer Svend
    CFS2 does run OK on Win7, but being an old program, does not have the memory utilization or any other 64 bit features because 64 bit systems were not around when CFS2 came out. CFS2 was the first video game I ever bought and ran it on Windows 98 and a dial up internet connection. Microsoft builds their new operating systems "on top" of the old ones, that's why some old software (mostly) works.

Some of the CFS2 utilities and tools were not written for 64 bit architecture, that's where I find most of the functionality problems. Like GSLMan; it was probably designed to put a file in a certain location on 32 bit systems, those locations may be different with 64 bit systems so there is an error because the GSLMan can't find the correct location for the file. I'm hoping to find out where the GSL files go and install them manually. I have an old Windows XP system, I may do all the basic scenery installation on that system, then move the whole CFS2 install to the Win7 64 bit rig.

Quote Originally Posted by nomad13 View Post
    I'm trying to install Maskrider Scenery. When I get to the part where GSLMan is supposed to install a "custom gob", I get the error message "Access violation at address 004362D1. Read of address 00052ABF". I'm not sure what this is or what's causing the error message, but is there another way to install the gobs? Might it be because I'm on a Windows 7 64 bit system?
    I have a Windows 7 64 bit system and my GSLMan works perfectly. Must be something else causing your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb737 View Post
    I have a Windows 7 64 bit system and my GSLMan works perfectly. Must be something else causing your problem.
    It's the GSLMan that came in the Maskrider mr_solomons_081116 scenery pack. I'll have to do a little more checking.

Problem solved: The instructions said to back up the cfs2.gsl file, which I did by renaming it "cfs2.gsl.bak". Of course since GSLMan modifies the cfs2.gsl file and it couldn't find it, I got the address error.
    Last edited by nomad13; December 12th, 2016 at 16:31. Reason: Information added

Was there a fix?

Was anyone able to figure this out? I am having the same violation-windows 10 64bit

Question Reply...

Are you trying to run GSLman while also running the sim at the same time, or is this a separate error?
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Not running GSLMan at same time, am I supposed to?

Library Staff
    Hi Nomad,

It could be an error in your cfs2.gsl file. Do you have GSLEdit by Martin Wright? If so, open cfs2.gsl and see if all the GOB areas are listed correctly, i.e. there are no strange symbols appearing down the list.

Years ago I found the absence of a carriage return at the end of a layout file was enough to throw a spanner in the works.

Kevin

Fixed it, it had to do with the DEP authorizations. Once checked it worked

Members who have read this thread: 0