Mesh and Textures

Thread: Mesh and Textures

Mesh and Textures

Installing CFS2 from scratch again. Installed Rhumbafloppy mesh, but the DEM4m00b_8_fix.zip file is corrupted and I can't get it to unzip. Anywhere to get this file? I noticed there were some shoreline elevation issues, I uninstalled the .bgl files in SCENEDB/world folder that conflicted with the mesh, is there another water flattening package or something? How about textures? I want to use Maskrider bases, so would pactex or pactex2 be best?

I started playing a long time ago and I have about 30G of CFS2 files, mostly zipped. I wonder how many of those will still work?

Thanks-Ron B

Not sure but, take a look here...Mesh about half way down..

http://thefreeflightsite.com/CFS2_scenery1.htm

Dave

PS, welcome back to CFS2
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

It looks like Richard Ludowise has abandoned the website. The .bgl files are still on the server, but DEM4m00b_8 is not among them.

I like CFS2 and have played for a long time. I pull it out ever once and awhile and fly around. The graphics are pretty primitive by modern standards, but the gameplay is still good.

Hi nomad,

Try this file in the Link. It's from my archive.

As far as the issues with the shores, only Maskrider and UncleTgt scenery, made for rhumba's mesh, has the completed shorelines.
    This mesh has no shorelines included.

Hope it unzips,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dvslats View Post
    Hi nomad,

Try this file in the Link. It's from my archive.

As far as the issues with the shores, only Maskrider and UncleTgt scenery, made for rhumba's mesh, has the completed shorelines.
    This mesh has no shorelines included.

Hope it unzips,
    Dave
    Thanks Dave, your file works great. The zip file here in the SOH archive doesn't appear to be corrupt, only the .bgl file. You should upload your file to replace the corrupt one. The mesh appears to be the most popular download, so it would probably get some play.

I revisit CFS2 once an awhile, it's like a time machine. I had a number of CFS2 modded installations, but deleted the 800mb folders because, at the time, they took up too much space on my 120G hard drive. Now, unless it is an SSD, I won't buy less than a 4TB. I'm going to make a nice CFS2 setup for an old Air Force buddy of mine who has never played a computer game, but wants to try a flight sim, and doesn't have a fire-breathing computer.

Members who have read this thread: 0