RCAF C-FBAU for WOP III P-51D

Thread: RCAF C-FBAU for WOP III P-51D

RCAF C-FBAU for WOP III P-51D

I recently got FSX Deluxe Edition, so I guess you could say I've come to the 'darkside' from FS9. This will be my first post in this forum. And coincidentally I'm pleased to tell you about another first for me, my first repaint for an FSX airplane, which is nearly done. Being new to FSX only a month ago, I knew I had to get A2A's AMAZING Mustang as I've only ever been able to drool over it, from the other side of the fence. I can say I'm having an absolute blast flying it. And crashing /repairing it. I can almost start it too. Using the great paintkit provided, I was able to figure out how to construct a repaint by doing the RCAF's C-FBAU, 'City of Hamilton', which is where I'm from. If you know me " Fnerg" from the FS9 side, you'll know I love everything RCAF and love paying tribute to our Canadian Warplane Heritage museum by recreating their collection for FS9 over the years in repaints and finally my own model of their Fairey Firefly Mk5. This P-51D once belonged to our local museum, so I wanted to pay homage to that aircraft and, through research I discovered many more mustangs were a part of our flying history, and so more repaints will likely follow. Anyway I'm hooked on FSX now with UTX, and FSGenesis, and I'm pleasantly surprised my Quad core computer can handle it fairly well, coming in around 25-30fps average. Look for C-FBAU in the library soon and enjoy. Cheers and Happy Holidays!

Doug Smith
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fsx 2016-12-05 23-35-24-36.jpg  

One more shot I really like. I remember when flight simulators were just green lines and red blips.Wow!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fsx 2016-12-06 00-12-39-99.jpg  

Welcome to the "Darkside" from another Hamilton flyer...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Welcome Fnerg! Hope you enjoy FsX.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I fondly remember the real CF-BAU when it made its home with the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum way back in the 1980's. Sadly, it was destroyed by fire following a forced landing on a rural road that was precipitated by an in-flight engine failure...

N.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mus30-9567.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0