8 WACO's and 4 Gliders Released ! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8 WACO's and 4 Gliders Released !

Great Screens John , I'm really impressed with Jet WACO tho ... one could spend hours practising your skywriting skills

Wonderful screenshots ! Much better than come off my own little computer :-)) Thanks for sharing and glad you like the product !!!! We're now hard at work at TWO new ones here at FSAddon...... :-)
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

OOOOOooo Now that sounds Interesting ,Two ...

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post

marjin, You will find that the GAS and Alabeo are different models to what Simon has created. I was on the beta team and the first thing I did was compare them and found there was no similarity in the models. It appears that Simon has steered away from duplicating models.

And there are 4 different models of the glider and they also have loads like jeeps and troops.
    No worries mate, it was ment sarcastically... you'll have to buy 3 GAS, 1 JF and 1 Alabeo package to come close to this one
    And at the current price you will beat them anyway again. Will buy it for sure!

These are Masterpieces.....Thank You so much!!!!
    The CG-4A's are beautiful and really fun to fly. The Waco UPF-7 is simply superb!!! The UPF-7 is such a beautiful airplane. Carried the 'Art-Deco' look into the 1940's. I hope folks get ahold of this classic and go crazy with repaints for this beauty. There are a couple great Warbird Schemes painted like when they were a part of the Civilian Pilot Training Program during WWII. Examples like NC29949 of Vintage Flying Service and NC30199 down in Florida. These would be wonderful additions to this fantastic Flyer!!!

Thanks for the kind comments, glad you like it ! As usual, Simon is 'late' with the paintkit, but he IS working on it ;-)
    Umbria, Italy

I was sure to get the WACO Gliders as WWII heavy gliders where of interest to me because my Grandad flew Hotspurs and Horsas up to and including the Arnhem Op after which he was POW. I was looking at his log again today to see if he'd ever flown a WACO but seems not... perhaps not much used by British. But lovely model... Thank you Simon. Perhaps you could persuade him to do a Horsa

I'd never been a fan of WACO biplanes but got the whole package afters seeing that one with jet engine... glad I did... enjoying it very much. Overall a great package and superb value for money.

Matt

This was the only aircraft that was manufactured in my home state of Minnesota during WWII, of which just over 1,500 were produced. Although appearing simple, there is something like over 70,000 parts required for a single CG-4A, and it required I think 5 separate crates just to ship one disassembled CG-4A from the US to England. They are quite a massive aircraft to behold in person.

I already bought this beautiful package, but if I didn't have it already I would buy it because of the screenshots by John!

Cees

Yes, really wonderful screenshots ! :-)
    Umbria, Italy

Sorry Francois, Amazon payment isn't working for me here... is the issue still there?

Wow---this is a very,very nice package.
    Francois,how is Simon doing,could he find a job and how is his situation?
    Mike

Icon5

Anyone notice that the Waco QF2 Texaco is underpowered? Maximum RPMs are nowhere near where they should be. Wonder why that is? Nothing mentioned in the manual.

Francois, do you know if that was intentional?
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Answers to questions:

No, I am not aware of further problems with Amazon. I replaced Skrill with Stripe (for credit card payments outside of Paypal) and that works now. Will check to see if I can find anything on Amazon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2. Simon has a temporary job in the Summer, but it still doing poorly financially. Unfortunately he is not alone in that :-( So he's really appreciative of all your purchases !!

3. Not sure about the power issue. Will ask Simon about it.
    Umbria, Italy

Exclamation Message from Simon !!

".......
    Thanks very much and a big thank you to all who supported us so far as well. Much appreciated.
    I will upload the paint kit hopefully during the week and also look into the Texaco power problem, maybe just a slight adjustment in the .cfg file needed.

I am at the holiday resort now and will have on and off Internet most of the time only......"

Simon Smeiman.

P.S. Simon WORKS at the holiday resort, he's not on vacation there..... LOLOL !
    Umbria, Italy

Beautifull set of planes! I especially love the WACO CG4A-PG2.... might turn into a good bushplane as well

Bedankt Marijn. Yup, the motorized glider is fun !!!
    Umbria, Italy

perhaps not much used by British
    We certainly used them, but I think it was probably mainly in Burma with the Chindit expeditions. For Arnhem and the Rhine I think the Hadrians were (mostly?) US owned and flown, though carrying British Airborne.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    We certainly used them, but I think it was probably mainly in Burma with the Chindit expeditions. For Arnhem and the Rhine I think the Hadrians were (mostly?) US owned and flown, though carrying British Airborne.
    You are right, near Arnhem mostly Horsas and some Hamilcars, and to the south (Were the US troops landed) the Hadrians.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Exclamation

UPDATE ON AMAZON: it appears they are still 'validating' my business data for some reason..... maybe because we don't have Amazon in The Netherlands (where my business is located) and I am working from Italy, where I now live.... who knows.

In any case, the Amazon payment method in my shop is not yet working, so please use one of the three additional payment methods if possible. Or just be patient :-) Sorry !!
    Umbria, Italy

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Anyone notice that the Waco QF2 Texaco is underpowered? Maximum RPMs are nowhere near where they should be. Wonder why that is? Nothing mentioned in the manual.

Francois, do you know if that was intentional?
    Any news,Francois?
    Mike

Yeah, Simon is working on some more fixes and will look at it over the next weeks. Meanwhile I've released the paintkit too.....
    Umbria, Italy

Thanks,Francois.
    Mike

Members who have read this thread: 1