RealAir closing its doors

Thread: RealAir closing its doors

Icon9 RealAir closing its doors

This was posted in the FSX forums today...

Hello Everyone,

With regret I am sad to announce that RealAir Simulations has closed its doors to new customers. I have been aware for a long time that our loyal customers have been frustrated at the lack of progress on the awaited Piston Duke B60 for P3d and its integration of GTN gauges for both FSX and P3d. Unfortunately there have been personal circumstances for some time which have now escalated to the point where we feel continuing is not viable. I had hoped that we could find a way through, but it is clear that it would be difficult to continue on a level commensurate with our high standards of support and development, and rather than slowly wind down we have decided to shut the business.

Our current customers can be assured of support if they need it, but RealAir will no longer sell products or updates as from today. It is possible in the future that I may work again on occasional projects on a modest level but I have reached retirement age and Sean has coped with a loved one's illness for some time. We feel there is not the scope, for now, to keep RealAir going without harm to the well being and health of all involved.

I would like to thank Avsim in particular for its long history of service to simmers everywhere, which is of course something that Tom worked tirelessly to sustain, along with the current staff, whom I also thank.

We have enjoyed supplying somewhat niche products for a very long 16 years. To those of you who have been so enthusiastic about our output. I thank you sincerely. If we didn't please others as they might have wished, I only hope that they understand we are imperfect humans. It has been a very hard-working 16 years and now we need a rest.

Best Wishes,

Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Their MkXIV Spitfire and SF.260 for FS9 are still a top contender. Sad to see that another developer calls it quits.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Lightbulb

Their MkXIV Spitfire and SF.260 for FS9 are still a top contender

Indeed ! ...
    All good things have a end ... unfortunately .. but legacy stay forever

What a shame, obviously health is more important.
    Anyone know if it still possible to purchase the FS9 Spitfire? Was hoping to buy that after Christmas. If only I'd known.

AFAIK, the only place to get any of the RealAir models was RealAir, but check around some of the respected payware Flightsim sites. I couldn't set up an account with PC Aviator so I don't know if they have it or not.

BB686

I took a look at Simmarket, PCA and FSPS.. nothing there I'm afraid.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by Stubee View Post
    What a shame, obviously health is more important.
    Anyone know if it still possible to purchase the FS9 Spitfire? Was hoping to buy that after Christmas. If only I'd known.
    Try Flight1.com, they are listing both fsx and fs2004 Spitfires in one bundle.

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?category=FS2004

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=raspitfire

Ttfn

Pete

I think those are both for FSX, RealAir did not produce a Spitfire Mk.IX for FS9, just the Mk.XIV and the SF.260, to the best of my knowing..... There may have been a freeware single engine GA airplane in there somewhere too, the model name escapes me tho.

BB686

Members who have read this thread: 0