MP Design Studio SA342 Gazelle available
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: MP Design Studio SA342 Gazelle available

Blog Entries

MP Design Studio SA342 Gazelle available

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Downloaded.. not yet installed. Thanks for the HU George

ATB
    DaveB

Blog Entries
    I have my copy and am impressed with the models, reflections in the VC have to go however....but that won't stop me from enjoying this fine addition to my helicopter hangar. Paintkit is included too, so I may have to whip out my paint brushes on this one

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-11-26_8-59-19-988.jpg  

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

SOH-CM-2018
    reflections in the VC have to go however
    Can we do it manually or must we wait for the developer?

VC reflections

are these the same VC issues as with the previous model??

I don't have the previous model but I guess they are...

While I'm sure this model is a blast to fly with a rig setup for helicopter flying.. it's not such a barrel of laughs using a standard joystick and no pedals. It's ok when it gets going but the two critical areas.. take-off and landing tend to be rather hit and miss. More practise and a more deft glove will probably smooth things.

Was expecting more from the soundset which is less than average on my rig. Cyril's freeware Gazelle sounds are more Gazelle IMO.
    ATB
    DaveB

Hello!
    It's very rare cases that users have this kind of issue with glass reflection, anyway, here is a link to download: Aerospatiale Gazelle SA342 GlassReflectionFix

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...3dfTXhnSEQyVHc

Now that's impressive!! Cheers Conver

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Now that's impressive!! Cheers Conver

ATB
    DaveB
    Very

A little advice needed here.

Noting that I only use a Sidewinder Precision Pro (no pedals).. getting the Gazelle off the deck in a steady, respectable manner.. I can keep it controlled in the hover.. dip the nose gently to gain forward momentum and it will start happily moving forward. Suddenly, it will roll over to the left (almost snapping over) followed by a few seconds fighting to get it back then it's as steady as a rock. Never had a model do this before.
    Anyone have any advice how to anticipate/combat/avoid this happening?? My passengers have run off!!

Lovely model inside and out and it'll be better still if I can master this sudden left roll soon after take-off
    ATB
    DaveB

Simmarket-
    MP DESIGN STUDIO - SOKO MOSTAR GAZELA - GAZELLE-SA342 FSX P3D
    <s>EUR 14.00</s>
    EUR 7.00
    <small>expires 12/04/2016</small>

DaveB

Your sudden roll effect is called "Transverse Flow Effect". Try google search and you will find out why you gazelle has a tendency to roll left. And pilots always have to counteract...
    If you have some wind that effect will disappear.

After that tendency of "sudden left roll" you will meet "Lift Effect". Again, do a google search to find out more about it. This is a very good flight model, keep that in mind...

Meanwhile have a fun with sling loads...
    P.S. Use your autopilot/sas system for steady hover flight.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

Thanks Conver

On my last flight.. I tried going a lot higher before dipping the nose (wondering if it was some sort of ground effect) and it appeared to work for me. Unfortunately.. I got it while coming in to land at Lands End instead! Yet more passengers have run off

I've tried the autopilot (briefly) and it didn't appear to be doing much. Almost certainly user error!!

For something so small, I can feel the frame hit on my i5 and sadly.. the paint kit won't open in my paint program without errors so I'm going to have to sit tight and wait for repaints. I still think the soundset.. especially outside.. is a little weak. The Gazelle has a distinctive sound and I'm not hearing it. Inside.. who cares!!

Despite these little niggles, I'm still happy
    ATB
    DaveB

SOH-CM-2018
    It is certainly a hand full.

I found that during take off heavy right rudder is required, I also push the cyclic a bit forward, then the take off appears that I am in control at least.

One thing though, I found that during take off the torque suddenly increases by itself, I don't know a lot about choppers, so I am not sure if this is normal or if I am doing something wrong.

During landing you can feel the tail rotor's effectiveness decrease, requiring lots of concentration to land properly.

At first I also noticed a slight drop in frame rate, but after I copied the alternate interior files, it seems to be fine now.

Paint kit will be a bit tricky, also it seems that the civilian model has a glossy exterior, while the military version is matte. Don't know whether this can be changed.

I only have a quick manual that explains where everything is, but no start-up/shut down procedures, however I seemed to have figured it out.

All in all a fun little helicopter, definitely worth the money.

Exclamation

hi folks!

DaveB:
    There is a info how to use autopilot/sas on this gazele in quick manual but anyway:
    1. Turn on gyro-platform (GM-position and wait for the flags to come out)
    2. Turn on Trim switch
    3. Turn on F.Mag switch
    4. On autopilot panel, select Vi mode (small switch at the end of right side)
    5. Turn on all three channels (up position is for autopilot)
    6. Turn on autopilot master switch
    If you are on the ground and all set , just slowly apply some collective and helicopter will do a hover for you.
    Each time if you want to add new flight parameter to autopilot (while you are in flight) you have to restart channel by turn it off and back on (pitch, roll, yaw)

Don't know why you can't open paint kit. I use Adobe Photoshop and everything is fine.

About sound: Interior sounds are muffled intentionally in order to create the effect of pilot headset.

RaFi:
    Gazelle is clockwise rotor system and right pedal is required until you gain 150 km/h of airspeed. Then your vertical stabilizer does a job for you. Your pedals should be in neutral position. After passing 150 km/h, efficiency of vertical stabilizer is growing more and more so opposite (left pedal) is required.
    About procedures: we created checklist in our previous version (Soko Mostar - Gazela SA342) but no one has payed attention to it. This Gazelle is so real that you can use real flight manual.

Did anyone tried to land or maintain flight with simulation of hydraulic system failure? (hydraulic switch is in red box on collective, turn it off but be advised)

Have a fun guys!

Hi Conver,

may i ask, how can we activate the sling-load ? I had a look in the manual but find no advise. And as i found no specs or alphas i think that the glossy shine is embedded in the .mdl or ? Is it possible to reduce the shine a bit ?

Otherwise very great level of detail and i like the way it fly ....

Kind regards

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by conver View Post
    we created checklist in our previous version (Soko Mostar - Gazela SA342) but no one has payed attention to it. This Gazelle is so real that you can use real flight manual.
    Hi Conver,
    I bought both of your Gazelles and the checklist you provided with the Soko Mostar is definitely related to this version (i.e. refering to Yugoslav's instruments and labelling).
    An Aerospatiale type checklist would be more than welcome !
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by altack View Post
    Hi Conver,
    I bought both of your Gazelles and the checklist you provided with the Soko Mostar is definitely related to this version (i.e. refering to Yugoslav's instruments and labelling).
    An Aerospatiale type checklist would be more than welcome !
    Regards
    Yes specific checklist would be very welcome. Wonderful simulation as well. Sink with power will call you out quick too.

Yup.. it would be great to have so burn an extra copy off for me too

EDIT:
    Don't know why you can't open paint kit. I use Adobe Photoshop and everything is fine.
    Unfortunately, my income doesn't stretch to Photoshop. I use Photoshop Elements which doesn't handle groups particularly well.. especially those made with later versions of the full program.

ATB
    DaveB

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    Hi Conver,

may i ask, how can we activate the sling-load ? I had a look in the manual but find no advise. And as i found no specs or alphas i think that the glossy shine is embedded in the .mdl or ? Is it possible to reduce the shine a bit ?

Otherwise very great level of detail and i like the way it fly ....

Kind regards

Dirk
    Hi Fireball!
    It's nice to hear positive comments.
    About your sling load. Download some of missions which has a sling load objects from the internet, apply your gazelle and have a fun For sling load operations use default key assigned for sling load in your FSX/P3D,
    Be careful while flying with sling load, especially on descent rate... vortex ring effect is present.

About checklist: Download real flight manual for Aerospatiale Gazelle SA342, it's all written there. You have a real gazelle on your simulator...
    If I grab some time, I'll do my best to recreate checklists for you guys.

About shine: there is not that possibility to reduce shine, sorry it's in .mdl file. But if you take a look at real G-UZEL gazelle on google, you'll notice a presence of that shine effect.

Did someone tried to fly route with NADIR ? Create your route using Flight Planner with multiple waypoints, set your localizer to NADIR, folow and enjoy !

Culdrose to Tresco..

My pax are happy enough to fly back with me

ATB
    DaveB

SOH-CM-2018
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Yup.. it would be great to have so burn an extra copy off for me too

EDIT:

Unfortunately, my income doesn't stretch to Photoshop. I use Photoshop Elements which doesn't handle groups particularly well.. especially those made with later versions of the full program.

ATB
    DaveB
    Awhile ago Photoshop CS 2 was released for free. Although it doesn't have all the latest add-ons, it still works great. You just need to get the DDS plug in.

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/36...oshop-cs2.html

I actually have the freeware CS2 mate but it's unreliable on my rig. Maps will often freeze or an error will throw up causing the map to close and with it.. what I've been attempting to do. Even CS2 won't open some of the newer PK's without errors and from memory.. this extends up to CS5 (JF/AH Mosquito springs to mind). CS5.5 and above was ok with that one (or was it CS6)?

Thanks for the pointer though I don't have the dds plugin.. I usually convert a map to dds using DXTbmp. Maybe worth a look though.. you never know
    ATB
    DaveB

I like this a lot. It is going to be a challenge for those without pedals but one thing I noticed is that the Transverse Flow Effect is minimal if you accelerate smartly instead of a gentle transition to forward flight. It is very easy to hover.

Members who have read this thread: 1