MP Design Studio SA342 Gazelle available - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MP Design Studio SA342 Gazelle available

Yup

I find forums a better source for an un biased review

Heaven forbid if a review site is given a free copy of a product and a script

Very biased report in my opinion and awarding 12 out of 10 is just plain stupid.

I too am awaiting for all the repaints but so far not one.

Cheers Chris

Conver,

slight disgression , but can I ask where you took the second screenshot with the armee de terre repaint?
    The one with the jungle and palm trees in the surroundings. Is it an addon scenery?

Kind regards,

Oliver

Exclamation

Hi flapsfull!

That livery (armee de terre ) is included in add-on.

About scenery:
    it is an add-on scenery but can't remember which one actually is. I have to check.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Prepar3D-2016-nov-30-013.jpg  

Brilliant!

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Yes, it is
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Prepar3D-2016-nov-30-012.jpg   Prepar3D-2016-dec-5-026.jpg   Prepar3D-2016-nov-30-040.jpg  

Livery pack is coming out soon!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 35.jpg   Prepar3D-2016-nov-30-006.jpg  

Still no repaints or the new Westland model.

The Cabri G2 was supposed to be released at the end of last year.

Any news Conver?

Cheers Chris

Hi Chris!

Cabri G2 is ready, but we had to stop for a moment. Meanwhile there is a big surprise coming out.
    Don't worry, we didn't forgot Westland version of Gazelle.

Is this a joke, smiley missing ??? Otherwise just dispensable. Jeansy doing superb repaints

Quote Originally Posted by conver View Post
    Hello!

Speedy70:
    Why you don't wait Westland version to come out? it's much suitable to get that paint scheme on Westland version then Aerospatile.
    We have created that livery by special request of Scott Hewson, presenter of "The Gazelle Squadron Display Team" but didn't plan to publish them.

Jeansy:
    ---> Yes, your result is very bad. <--

If PaintKit is complex it doesn't mean that it is bad. It gives you a very open hands to do whatever you want with paint job.

Anyone tried sling load operations? It's fun...

That was posted 9months ago mate and is long forgotten.. as is the Gazelle by Jeansy

ATB
    DaveB

Well Conver nothing heard about the Westland,the repaints and the release of the Cabri.

This is becoming very sad and a poor reflection on keeping ones word.

Cheers Chris

Theyre developing a S55 at the moment

Im hoping the texture mapping and layout is a huge improvement over the Gazelle

Are they really?? :O Is this the big surprise that was announced I wonder?

ATB
    DaveB

Seems so Dave, (though I ' m not entirely sure if your comment was meant ironically - if so, sorry ) :

Single preview screenshot here:

http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreak...9s-55-cabri-g2

Kind regards,

Oliver

Ah.. I see. No irony intended. Trying to fathom why they stopped the release of one to announce work on another unless they want to release them all at the same time I'm sure they have their reasons. Interesting to read the Gazelle's FD wasn't particularly well received at Air Daily.

ATB
    DaveB

Lightbulb

Dave, one thing Ive noticed when it comes to the gazelle here and hovercontrol

the main poster in each of the threads here and there is the developer

besides him there are very few post of absolute praise from forum users both here and HC

I could be wrong and more than likely is wrong but im getting the impression hes not happy with the response or lack of from his posts

and has decided bugger it, just develop and release there is no point in posting because im not hearing or seeing what I want that makes warm and fuzzy on the inside

like i said I could be wrong and more than likely is wrong, but due to the lack of overwhelming possessive feedback on this and other sites I get that feeling

on another note helisimmer is where I saw the post about s55, HOWEVER they gave him 9/10 for nearly everything on the gazelle (i dont know how )except FDE which was 4/10, which was well worth the read of the replies

https://www.helisimmer.com/reviews/m...pdate-fsx-p3d/

https://www.helisimmer.com/news/new-...9s-55-fsx-p3d/

I think you probably are right mate. I note on the Helisimmer review that the reviewers 'area of expertise' (if I can call it that) was the FD and this was his main area of concentration. He did a fair job on it too it has to be said but an equal depth of focus on the other areas would have seen the overall score lower.

I've just checked Flightsim.com and there's still not a single repaint there for it!!
    ATB
    DaveB

I have to say I take my hat off in respect to any developer, but especially those working solo (which I believe Conver is?). Mastering 3DS Max, the FDE and C++ programming, not to mention getting one's head around the SDK, is a feat in itself. Bringing it all together on a single project and actually "finishing and completing" to put it on sale is a big ask. To butcher Foreigner's original lyrics, "I've been waiting for a Gazelle like you to come into my life" for years and now she is here I'm very happy. I was still holding out for Cyril Pioffet to complete the transformation of his freeware Gazelle for FSX, but in it's absence I was glad to be able to buy MP Design's instead.

I'm very eager to see the Westland Gazelle AH1 model released (the chopper I've spent most time aloft in IRL, together with the AS350 Squirrel), but arguably this is the most complex version given the number of different options and modifications which have occurred over the years (including a mod happening now, to keep the AH1 in service for a few more years. It changes the panel quite a bit). I was thinking of starting to build a freeware Westland AH1 myself, and have been collecting material for a while, but time and ability (lack there of!) have prohibited it!

I believe Conver might be an owner and operator of his own Gazelle (?), plus I know he is in conversation with the Gazelle Display Team here in the UK regarding the modelling of the Westland variant. These two things bode well in my mind.

One final thing, the release of MP Designs Gazelle is very timely... as the design is celebrating its 50th Anniversary. To commemorate the occasion there is a special Fly-In at AAC Middle Wallop this Saturday. Tickets are £15. I wouldn't miss it for the world! See you all there??!!

FYI if interested in the Gazelle 50th at AAC Middle Wallop:

http://www.threshold.aero/events/fly...orative-fly-in

Just got this one. Does anyone know if there were ever any repaints done for her?

LouP

No afraid not.It was a bone of contention and paints were promissed but never materialised.
    The paint kit was ,according to many painters ,very poor.
    The builder promised paints as well but that never happened either.

Cheers Chris

We are still waiting for the promised Westland version.

Cheers Chris

Members who have read this thread: 1