MP Design Studio SA342 Gazelle available - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MP Design Studio SA342 Gazelle available

So Conver who is going to paint my British army air corps repaint, or are you going to improve the paint kit.It seems like it aint too good as nobody has rushed forward with paints and Jeansy says he will not be doing any paints with it any time soon.

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    So Conver who is going to paint my British army air corps repaint, or are you going to improve the paint kit.It seems like it aint too good as nobody has rushed forward with paints and Jeansy says he will not be doing any paints with it any time soon.

Cheers Chris
    Chris, the model isnt impossible to paint however it yields unsatisfactory results and overall its disappointing , Ive started this one but im giving up as its taking too long to find all the bits and pieces, due to current format of the paint kit the lack of spec mapping, im not going to waste anymore time on this

And I wouldnt call the paint kit exactly HD

Hello!

Speedy70:
    Why you don't wait Westland version to come out? it's much suitable to get that paint scheme on Westland version then Aerospatile.
    We have created that livery by special request of Scott Hewson, presenter of "The Gazelle Squadron Display Team" but didn't plan to publish them.

Jeansy:
    Yes, your result is very bad.
    If PaintKit is complex it doesn't mean that it is bad. It gives you a very open hands to do whatever you want with paint job.

Anyone tried sling load operations? It's fun...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AerospatialeGazelleSA342MPDesignStudio.jpg   Prepar3D-2016-dec-3-014.jpg  

got both addons and like very much. Look forward to Westland version.

Matt

If you ever finish your 'very bad' RAF paint Jeansy.. I'll be up for a copy

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by conver View Post
    Hello everyone!

That's a lot of questions for this small helicopter. But I'm glad that you like it guys.
    Airtrooper:
    Westland Gazelle is still on the cards. We are a little busy with Guimbal Cabri G2 right now.

Daube:
    That jumping of a helicopter is called "Translational Lift" effect. More about it you can read hear and find out why your gazelle is jumping:
    http://www.copters.com/aero/translational.html
    Helicopter pilots, during transition from a hover flight to progressive, reduce collective pitch a little bit to avoid this effect.
    It is hard to fly sideways with helicopters which has a vertical stabilizer like this one... Lift produced by this stabilizer makes a rotating moment over your vertical axis and turns helicopter in direction of move.
    Reasonnable speed for autorotation for this helicopter is between 120 - 140 km/h, you have to read flight manual before entering into autorotation state.
    1. Establish airspeed between 120-140 km/h
    2. Reduce your collective - full down position
    3. Pull fuel flow lever (yellow lever back)
    4. Maintain airspeed
    5. If descent rate is to high or your rotor RPM goes out of green arc, rise collective lever a bit.
    6. Start flare around 30 meters of height.
    7. Do not overpitch helicopter. 15 degree is more then enough if you have a good technique.
    8. Airspeed below 50km/h, push your cyclic stick level helicopter with rising collective lever to prevent helicopter fall

Joe Bob:
    Yes you can get your engine to idle. Just pull your yellow lever (fuel flow lever) into back position.

Flapsfull:
    It's normal for this helicopter to see G/S and LOC no matter if you have electric power on or off.
    They indicates pilot that are not operable, but if you select proper VOR frequency or ILS frequency flags will disappear (also turn on Localizer mode switch) and of course they will be shown when electric power is off.
    Here is a screenshot for you with an ILS approach without warning flags:
    Good to hear,that you are still working on the Cabri G2

Yes!
    We hope that Cabri G2 is going to be available until the end of this year!
    He is going well for now...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5.jpg  

Hi Jeansy.
    The same for me I would love a copy of your repaint ,bad, finished or whatever.
    Hi Conver
    When do you expect to release the westland then?

Cheers Chris
    Last edited by speedy70; December 4th, 2016 at 08:46.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    If you ever finish your 'very bad' RAF paint Jeansy.. I'll be up for a copy

ATB
    DaveB
    sorry mate, ive uninstalled the lot and wont be revisiting it, the painting templates arent my cup of tea and i'm not going to waste my time for something that looks and feels incomplete

maybe if they add spec mapping and revisit the way its mapped, but for now, im not interested this addon

A damned shame mate but understood. A huge part of any addon is the ability for it to be repainted and if you're having issues with the PK, there is little hope for the rest of us. As I mentioned earlier, I can't even open the kit without errors (undoubtedly the groups) and I don't see a future in anything that can't be repainted.

Atb
    DaveB

Oh boy, I had no idea spec maps weren't included! This really needs to be fixed! Surely Service Packs for the already released versions and add specs to any forthcoming models.

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Hi!
    Speedy70:
    It will be released right after Cabri G2. Very soon, it's almost over.

DaveB:
    Don't give a people a false alarm, paint kit opens well, check this out:

I don't understand why so many critics and accusations for PaintKit?
    I have achieved fantastic results.
    Anyone who wants to work he will roll up his sleeves and do it right with this PaintKit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PaintKitWorks.jpg   15368868_10211462962955683_1192342511_o.jpg   15368743_10211463074798479_483995809_o.jpg   15397861_10211462959275591_426684045_o.jpg  

Conver..

The paintkit won't open without errors IN THE PROGRAM I USE.. Photoshop Elements. YOU can't help that and I certainly can't.

Nice RN paint but the red is too dark matey The colour you see in jeansy's screenshot is where you should be
    ATB
    DaveB

This repaint was just a 30 minutes play... It's not even so detail as jeansy's.
    Just want it to show that repaint is possible with released PaintKit.

Sorry mate, i know your proud of your work and thats understandable

If other people want to paint it, go for it, for what i want to do, im not happy with my end product as a result of the model mapping

The overall package was not for me and im going to leave it at that

I'll have to make do with my EC130 'knock-off' then..

ATB
    DaveB

Flight Model issues

Hi all,

After several hours testing this new helo my impressions are very satisfying, however I´ve found several issues that have reduced my initial expectations a little bit:

1) The main and anti-torque rotor RPMs seem to not be affected by torque. Actually, they seem to be "glued" in the Green band no matter the agressive manoeuvre performed or collective input...they always stay the same: no rpm drop = no lift loss (and, of course, no helo damage). This allows a (in my opinion) very unrealistic manoeuvring capabilities well beyond the real machine limits.

2) I find impossible to accelerate beyond 250 km/h...in a 90º dive!!. I have performed different tests and the aircraft stabilizes at about 260 km/h in a 2000m (6000 ft) completely vertical dive. Obviously, it´s imposible to find any high speed roll tendency.

3) Translation lift. Beyond 60-80km/h the lift increment tendency is negligible. While this can be a p3d/fsx limitation, it´s a pitty that it has been modeled only partially or in a reduced region of the flight envelope...

While 2) and 3) could be considered "minor" issues (well, not really), in my opinion 1) is in the big ones list if a realistic recreation is the target. Personally, I could live without a 100% realistic start-up sequence or an autopilot...but I could not with an aircraft that can be flown like if provided with an unlimited power.

Perhaps I am the only one experiencing these issues... :[

Mine accelerates fine, even with smaller dive angle, here is a screenshot.

Did anyone tried to test autopilot according to a real flight manual? Pitch, Roll, Yaw channel and flight controls behavior...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Acceleration.jpg  

Mine accelerates fine, even with smaller dive angle, here is a screenshot.

Well, in my case I didn't tried a vertical dive from 20,000 ft.... ;-)

Seriously, 300 km/h as 'terminal speed' for those conditions is an unrealistic value. It looks like there's a scripted limit somewhere in the FDs in terms of Cd.

However, as I said, the glued rotor RPMs is a more corcerning issue to me.

Great model, though it does has it vices... I miss the option to remove the doors (yes all 4 of them). During my service years I'd seen enough ALAT Gazelles flying with no doors.

Cheers,
    Hank

We remove doors only if we have to drop parachuters!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AerospatialeGazelleSA342MPDesignStudio.jpg   Prepar3D-2016-nov-30-041.jpg  
    Last edited by conver; December 12th, 2016 at 01:22. Reason: wrong picture...

I have to agree, an option to remove the doors would be ace! Perhaps on the forthcoming Westland AH1?

That plus everything I mentioned here would be ace! http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1045545

That is a glowing review!

I've got to say I concur with a lot of it (as far as my experience goes).

I think she looks, sounds, operates and flies a dream and she has become my default helicopter in FS. Definitely my favorite!

I highly recommend it.

Well.. I didn't agree with all of it.. especially the comment about there would be loads of repaints. Thus far, I've not seen a single repaint on any of the main sites.

ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 1