USN P-3A & B Orions needed.....in 50's and 60's livery

Thread: USN P-3A & B Orions needed.....in 50's and 60's livery

USN P-3A & B Orions needed.....in 50's and 60's livery

I am finishing out, a 1960's install and retrograde to my FS9. I pretty much have all US airlines, a complete USAF as I can, US Army as I can and now working on USN/USMC flyable planes. i pretty much have everything i need except for Lockheed P-3A and P-3B Orion birds. Can you guys help me find them....?
    "Thats some of the best flying I have ever seen, upto the point that your dead, Never ever leave your wingman!"......Jester, Top Gun

The best freeware model for an Orion is by Daisuke Yamamoto. Whether or not there are any paints to match your needs, I don't know. I also can't find a paintkit.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    The best freeware model for an Orion is by Daisuke Yamamoto. Whether or not there are any paints to match your needs, I don't know. I also can't find a paintkit.
    Tom, Cowboy,

There is a paint kit for Daisuke's P-3. It's by Dan Swart. I don't remember where I D/L'ed it from. I'm attaching it here as it was freeware and the original readme is in it. It was in 4 parts but this zip contains all the PSD files.

On another note, most of the FSX paints will work if converted to FS9. The FS9 model is a P-3C with the sonobouy tubes on the belly. There is no P-3 A or B for FS9. So the Charlie model will do. Daisuke and company did make a P-3A/B model for FSX.

Dave
    Attached Files Attached Files

Early paints

Also There was one paint for a VP-19 aircraft in the old dark grey and white scheme.

Dave

That when was an Alpha paint for Mike Stone's Charlie. I use it, but i hate the missiles hung under the wing. puts it out of place for what I want, but oh well....better then nothing...
    "Thats some of the best flying I have ever seen, upto the point that your dead, Never ever leave your wingman!"......Jester, Top Gun

I have been flying some P-3 flights off the coast of Vietnam. There was a lot of Soviet subs doing intel work during the War. I am using a bunch of different sims to develop out missions for a book I am writing. I use the flight sim to set in the pilots seat during missions. Yesterday I flew the route that Market Time Maritime Surveillance would have flown and today I flew an ASW mission out of Saigon. The equipment on the P-2, P-3 and P-5, especially the MAD device works best at 500 ft or below. I can tell you the boys in the VS (ASW squadrons) and the VP (Patrol Squadrons) had a rough job. The rhythm of the props and watching waves that close are hypnotic. I almost blinked off twice, think god for having to navigate, watching airspeed, altitude and heading keeps your eyes off the waves.

If you want to rack up flying time.....the seat of a maritime surveillance plane is for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy1968 View Post
    That when was an Alpha paint for Mike Stone's Charlie. I use it, but i hate the missiles hung under the wing. puts it out of place for what I want, but oh well....better then nothing...
    No, there was one for the FS KBT (Daisuke Yamamoto) Orion also. Can't remember where I d/l'd it from.

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by p3aewguy View Post
    No, there was one for the FS KBT (Daisuke Yamamoto) Orion also. Can't remember where I d/l'd it from.

Dave.
    Its at Avsim, done by Gregory W Hux.

Ttfn

Pete

Hey Pete - I just tried searching Avsim for it, but only found finished repaints. Do you have a filename or link?
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Hey Pete - I just tried searching Avsim for it, but only found finished repaints. Do you have a filename or link?
    thought we were looking for finished paint here ----> http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php...crp&DLID=68409

paintkit is posted in thread above by p3aewguy

ttfn

Pete

I meant that I was looking for a public link to the paintkit, but thanks to Rami, it's now uploaded to our library here!
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Cowboy, I never liked the missiles on Stone's P-3 either. Here's how to get rid of them: Look in the model folder. You should see 2 model files. One of them is "orion_nomissile.mdl". Now open the model.cfg file and change it to read: [models] normal=orion_nomissile Save it, and no more missiles! Hope this helps you! Mark
    "Even the best navigators aren't sure where they're going until they get there, and even then, they're still not sure."-- Frank Bama

Members who have read this thread: 0