X-Plane 11 Firstin game beta video released 11/24/06

Thread: X-Plane 11 Firstin game beta video released 11/24/06

Blog Entries

X-Plane 11 Firstin game beta video released 11/24/06

Here ya go guys.. Enjoy..

Blog Entries
    Thanks Pam I was looking at this a couple days ago:

https://www.helisimmer.com/video/x-p...-first-flight/

I am loving the new world scenery, the traffic air and ground, the new water! WOW! The overall lighting is no longer gloomy! The simulation community is in for a real treat...

Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Blog Entries
    i downloaded the demo tonight.. It ha some bugs, but over all, I'm very very impressed.. Someones going to shoot me for saying this, but, it looks, it feels like FSX done right and up to date.. There is actually a part of me that needs to keep XP 10 around, just so i can have that old X-Plane feel.. This is that different.. I'm already seeing people stating that they're leaving P3D for this. Flying out of Seattle, you can see why. The autogen doesnt look like autogen. Its not just buildings plopped down any old place. The whole thing wreaks of americana and country charm.. I'm lovin it..

I haven't downloaded the beta but am watching and waiting for the release. XPlane 10 came really close to being my only GA sim. The exaggerated P-factor/left roll and the weird harshness of the daylighting were my biggest complaints and both of those appear to be resolved. The day lighting in particular looks great!

With the changes coming in XP 11, it could very well be my only GA sim.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    i downloaded the demo tonight.. It ha some bugs, but over all, I'm very very impressed.. Someones going to shoot me for saying this, but, it looks, it feels like FSX done right and up to date.. There is actually a part of me that needs to keep XP 10 around, just so i can have that old X-Plane feel.. This is that different.. I'm already seeing people stating that they're leaving P3D for this. Flying out of Seattle, you can see why. The autogen doesnt look like autogen. Its not just buildings plopped down any old place. The whole thing wreaks of americana and country charm.. I'm lovin it..
    You hit the nail on the head Pam! It feels like a better FSX!
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Downloading the demo now... the artist inside me says finally shine, shine, shine!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    You hit the nail on the head Pam! It feels like a better FSX!
    And for me, although it may be a smart move for the company, its not such a great thing for the current X-Plane community. The collective subconscious that is X-Plane.org, has its hopes, but it also is up in arms. There are so many features that we took for granted that are now missing, like the ability to tell the game how many cars to put on the road, or the ability to tell the game to flatten the runways without editing a prf file..
    I am certain that XP 11 will attract many people from the old P3D and FSX communities now, but it is doing so by cutting out the very soul of the sim.. Sadly, I see little in the future of X-Plane beyond the interminable announcements for the next greatest F-18 or F6F or 737 or A380... The upshot to that though is that perhaps now there is a chance for X-Plane to have a good A340-600 made for it..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Downloading the demo now... the artist inside me says finally shine, shine, shine!!!
    OH yeahh, lots of shine, even on some older planes from XP10.. Fortunately, reflections are one of those things that can be controlled. I say fortunately because i think their glass reflections in certain cockpits on older planes, are a little intense, as in theres so much reflection you cant see the instrument..

Members who have read this thread: 0