USS Saratoga CV3 campaign released! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USS Saratoga CV3 campaign released!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Allen's OH update to F6F-3 w/ rear quarter window.
    Allen's work was derived from the stock/OH models. I didn't overlook him, i just looped his OH F6F-3 with rear windows into the stock/OH category. I assumed Shadow Wolf was looking for something outside that basket.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Nope that's all there is. Wolfi has hinted he may take up the challenge of making a detailed model. I'm hoping he does, I will love to work with him on it.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    Allen's work was derived from the stock/OH models. I didn't overlook him, i just looped his OH F6F-3 with rear windows into the stock/OH category. I assumed Shadow Wolf was looking for something outside that basket.
    All I had in my stable was The B-24 Guy's OH/stock model. I was merely looking for something newer and hopefully more advanced to go with this revamped campaign. Captain Kurt's model will do fine. (All I need to do now is remember where to put the pilot folder so he'll show).

I have "cleaned up" the Buka raid missions and am now working on the Rabaul strikes. I'm replacing the older F6F-3s with the Captain's bird. After that I need to do the same with the Gilbert Island missions followed by the Marshals where they get an upgrade to the F6F-5 (already done).
    Last edited by Shadow Wolf 07; December 18th, 2016 at 02:44. Reason: additional info
    "De Oppresso Liber"

If your using Cap Kurt's. The pilot will need to be added like and object/weapon and put into the SCENEDB folder.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Allen

Thanks. Regarding the pilot that is correct.

Just to keep credits right, this is Allen's F6F-3 model with my repaint, dp and flight files.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Allen

Thanks. Regarding the pilot that is correct.

Just to keep credits right, this is Allen's F6F-3 model with my repaint, dp and flight files.
    Roger that... Thanks guys!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

I've got the missions done. Next I'm going to check them against the campaign file (.cmg) and double check the downloads list. Then I will test fly most of them and set up the "player as wingman" missions to place the player aircraft in the wing position. Lastly, I will ask for Beta testers.

Most of the missions have a headwind of 10-15 knots, so those who do not use the further aft take off position .cfg or have little experience taking off and landing from/on carriers should have no problems. Most of the moving objects - ships, planes etc. are the most modern examples available. Players will randomly fly a fighter, dive bomber or torpedo plane, so each time you run the campaign each mission can be different. In the bomber scenario's you can find yourself flying lead or on the wing, randomly chosen by the .cmg.

Whew! this has been more time intense than I originally thought it would be. I have been striving to ensure others will have no errors, assuming they download and install objects correctly.It has been fun in Mission Builder though. It has been good to get back to work again and have something worthwhile to do.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

The campaign and individual missions are ready for Beta testing. Volunteers are asked to PM me their email address. Don't post your address here though.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

I have made and am making some minor adjustments to some of the missions. Otherwise, the project is finished. I have one member beta testing the campaign now. Any other volunteers?
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Have cleaned up a few missions with some minor errors... I'll be releasing this campaign soon.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Yes I'm working on a new F6F, but it will take it's time (as always) and I like to finish a few old projects before.

wolfi

Nope that's all there is. Wolfi has hinted he may take up the challenge of making a detailed model. I'm hoping he does, I will love to work with him on it.

One sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)

I think I've done about all I can do with this one. I am waiting to hear back from a tester and cleaning up some loose ends and expect to release the revised campaign in a few days. I just might go back and plug in Captain Kurt's newly released A6M2. I am also working on a revision of another campaign, utilizing the new ships and planes. Thank you for your patience.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Final checks

Hi all:

I am performing the final checks and tests for this campaign. I will be releasing it in a few days. My Beta tester said that all the missions checked out okay and I am just going over the supporting documentation. It may be released as a self instaler after all!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Thank you Rami!

Rami has been kind enough to load this campaign into a self installer for your convenience. I will test it and upload both the self installer and the manual install versions in just a few days. Thank you all for your patience and assistance.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Thank you very much Shadow, I sure appreciate you sharing your work with all. I can only imagine the intense level of work involved especially when making sure everything goes as you planned. Again a hearty thank you sir.

Icon22 Reply...

Shadow Wolf 07,

It was my pleasure to help.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

I have amended the readmes to reflect both a manual and self-install. I am going to test the self-install version today and hope to upload the campaign this evening. It will be in 2 parts.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

I am going to load this campaign up and upload it as a manual installation. I will upload the self-installer version in a day or two. ElsnerMarcus has tested the manual install version and everything seems okay. Rami and I are working on the self-installer.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

USS_Saratoga_CV3_Revised.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Campaigns Add-Ons

Description: This is a semi-historical campaign, centered on the wartime campaigns of the USS Saratoga CV-3. She survived torpedo hits and a kamikaze attack and it took an atomic bomb to sink her. The campaign runs from a “what if” Wake Island relief scenario thru Saratoga’s last wartime engagement with kamikazes off Iwo Jima. You, the player can find yourself flying a fighter, a dive bomber or a torpedo plane, randomly chosen for each mission. You might also find yourself flying as the flight leader or as a wingman – again, randomly chosen. This campaign is best set up on a “clean” install of CFS2, using stock scenery except where noted. It was created and plays well on a Windows 7 system and I suspect should be fine on XP and Win 10. Copies of all set up, description and installation documentation are included in MS Word and PDF format. The campaign should prove challenging to novice (especially), intermediate and even advanced simmers.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit USS_Saratoga_CV3_Revised.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Quote Originally Posted by miamieagle View Post
    Looking forward to its release
    Your wish is granted...
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Members who have read this thread: 0