JustFlight HS 748 Propliner Released - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JustFlight HS 748 Propliner Released

One of those days from the viewing platform the a Mount Cook HS 748 .. and something with a very Sharp pointed nose

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Cheers however, i might end up scrapping these as im finding theres a few unmarked areas in the paintkit thats leaving a few areas unpainted and the texture warping on the nose is now p!ssing me off
    Hi Jeansy. Can you PM me with the details so I can report this to the dev?
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

awww, i just deleted the paint kit as im done painting

can i send pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    awww, i just deleted the paint kit as im done painting

can i send pictures?
    Yes, no problem - anything that illustrates the issue(s) is fine.
    Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Yes, no problem - anything that illustrates the issue(s) is fine.
    Sent via PM

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Not sure if it is me but these are some of the oddities I am experiencing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hs-748 a.jpg   hs-748 b.jpg   hs-748 c.jpg  

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Thanks both
    Martyn

Regarding the last of Pat's shots it looks like some "relax" modifier is needed for the UVW mapping...

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Meigs Field was an airport for H.S 748 operated by Air Illinois. Also Twin Otter user´s might fancy a paint for this airline.

We just did a FAB 2504 for it. If anyone interested just pm
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Lots of memories of the Avro... could someone expand in re. how it compares to the old Rick Piper 748? I'd be obliged. I'm hoping this is better- even though the old FS9 freeware was pretty great. Love flying raw data and that was just the ticket years ago....

Ta!

C

Great repaint! please upload it, many thanks!
    Alexander Colka

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Lots of memories of the Avro... could someone expand in re. how it compares to the old Rick Piper 748? I'd be obliged. I'm hoping this is better- even though the old FS9 freeware was pretty great. Love flying raw data and that was just the ticket years ago....

Ta!

C
    I clocked up a lot of hours on the Stephen Browning 'FSX port' of Rick Pipers HS748, and it was quite good for such an elderly FS9 aircraft, but all things considered (it costs nothing!) it fitted in well with FSX and P3D.
    The JustFlight (AH) offering is what one would expect for a current generation FSX native aircraft, plenty of detail and eye candy, but I found it a little heavy on FPS in FSX, less so in P3Dv3.
    Shame the repainters have not taken on the myriad schemes that were available for Rick's HS748.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Many thanks Flavio!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Alexander Colka

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    I clocked up a lot of hours on the Stephen Browning 'FSX port' of Rick Pipers HS748, and it was quite good for such an elderly FS9 aircraft, but all things considered (it costs nothing!) it fitted in well with FSX and P3D.
    The JustFlight (AH) offering is what one would expect for a current generation FSX native aircraft, plenty of detail and eye candy, but I found it a little heavy on FPS in FSX, less so in P3Dv3.
    Shame the repainters have not taken on the myriad schemes that were available for Rick's HS748.

A fairly comprehensive Service Pack is in final stages of testing. It should please a few people. BTW the original test team included two real-world 748 drivers with plenty of time on type. FDs were built to their advice.

CavariCooper, et al. I have been flogging around in the Rick Piper 748 for some time (I did a review on it for FlightSim.com some time ago). I have to say I really like the Rick Piper version but have dived in and got the JF 748 and sadly retired the RP version. It is difficult to compare them completely but I did think the RP version was more stable in the air and less pitchy and had a good solid feel but the pre FSX systems were a bit quirky and difficult at times. I think the JF version is pretty good, it needs some little fixes here and there but is reasonably authentic (It has been a long time since I rode in one for real). The VC is definitely different and takes a little bit more getting used to as the perspective is changed due to the better modelling and 3D feel it provides, I am still adjusting views and positions to get a comfortable seating view but that is common to all aircraft and I generally aim for a forward eye point view of about 1/3 up the windscreen which is the standard position in real life. Peformance is fine but it does strike me as being a little under powered compared to the RP version and as I said a bit more twitchy at low speeds which is uncharacteristic of the real thing, a lot of experimentation to get my stick keyboard setup in sync will be required as well as the A2A gizmos. In all I think it is a timely and welcome replacement and a proper FSX machine which makes all the difference. Engine sounds are fine and views otherwise are ok and the external modelling and detail is great.

I am only unhappy with the AI and attitude indications which are definitely out of whack but I am not sure why so far, I keep having to set a positive pitch up for level flight which is incorrect.

I am happy with the paints done and Jeansy and others have done some great repaints which cover the Oceania users perfectly for me, so I am quite content with that aspect.

Thanks to Wombat666 & Bendyflyer-

Yes, the inherent stability (stolid is a word that comes to mind) was very much the trademark of the 748. Hopefully this latest patch will address that (bazzar)?

Carl

As I say, the FDs were developed with real-world 748 pilots on the test programme.

Bazzar - Noted hence my caveat re my FSX settings. This is the one aspect of FSX that drives me nuts and I am sure leads to lots of unwarranted puzzles and complaints about a whole variety of sim models the fact that one set of settings, for realsim, sound, FSUIPC etc does not work across a fleet of very different aircraft types. Of course a lot of folk don't notice but I do alas having spent a lifetime having my ears ruined by loud engines and my finances buggered by things aeronautical not to mention relationships with she who must be obeyed. I just wish somebody could come up with a program that would store all these various settings in a config file for the type rather than rejigging stuff all the time for different sim models. I know FSUIPC sort of does it but it is the realism and sound menus within FSX that I wish I could control without redoing them all the time for different types. Anyway that is a whole other topic and not a 748 issue.

Icon22 Reverse thrust

Curious if reverse thrust was ever an option with these engines ?

Cheers

Aircanuck

Ground fine pitch is used with the Darts on 748s. There was no reverse thrust as such.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Ground fine pitch is used with the Darts on 748s. There was no reverse thrust as such.
    Interesting,

Are you able to tell us what changes are up coming in the service pack ?

One concern I noticed and emailed Justflight about was the port wing being tinted darker than the starboard wing ?? Good news is earlier today I downloaded a new texture from a 3rd party painter and he included a fix for the faulty wing texture .... it appears to have worked.

Cheers for now

Aircanuck

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    Link is down. I would enjoy having a Brazil armed forces paint very much.I dont see too many paints from Brazil or other South or Central American Nations.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Members who have read this thread: 2