CFS3 VTOL / STOL aircrafts? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: CFS3 VTOL / STOL aircrafts?

that blood effect...looks like you're in slow mo but in space mate ! nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Holy smoke I don't know how you incorporate all the latest and greatest tricks so quickly
    I am surprised myself, to be honest
    anyway after a few mods released some development things just become routine work
    however, right applying the bullet holes into VC is bit whorse work, it is cca 10 emitters, each must be properly positioned and mainly oriented, to render the flat (bulllethole) image bit believable. ideal way is to put them on the canopy mesh vertex points.

also latest months Ive finally learnt how to build some damage base setup, with your and mongoose support, so I am implementing it to all my current projects as it gets thank you guys

Quote Originally Posted by wiekniera View Post
    that blood effect...looks like you're in slow mo but in space mate
    well, the final splatch feature version looks bit less action like now. its because the CFS3 emitters doest not work in virtual cockpit infact, they are "outside" effects strictly. they always renders behind the canopy glass, when sitting in the interiror. I mean if you set the blood splatch close the the virtual view eyepoint, it become blurry like in the motion, still be rendered behind (on the) virtual glass. but from outside game view you would see pilots blood splatched googles as supposed. this kinda makes such features limited usage.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Another great project ! Thanks a million ! Don't know how you do it but you just get better and better. Fantastic job on a interesting aircraft. Regards,Scott

Really glad you like it

Did some last project adds, six skins made, eighter Bravo/4 paint, or based on his template. Available soon, will let you know.

https://simhangar.nolimit.cz/main/ga...lugelrad-i-v-1

BMW FLÜGELRAD I V-1 flying disc for CFS3

Description
    -----------
    This is a complete airplane add-on package with all effects, sounds, weapons and all other dependent files.
    This package includes 6 skins.

Features
    --------
    * specular and bump maps
    * self lit night cockpit items
    * animated pilot head
    * animated "Lotfe 7" bombsight
    * damage effects

Credits
    -------
    3D Model: BorekS
    Textures: Bravo/4, BorekS
    Flight model: FOO FIGHTER, MajorMagee, BorekS
    Sounds: FOO FIGHTER, BorekS
    Effects: stock CFS3, FOO FIGHTER, BorekS
    Weapons: BorekS
    Damage profile: BorekS

Notes
    -----
    * This add-on pack is primary designed for stock CFS3 install + AnKors Shaders (januar 2018 release), default config.
    * This add-on pack works at stock CFS3 install aswell, still some texture transparency issues may appear.
    * For some kind of airplane flight manual info please check the Help (press F1 ingame). The airplane Help is available once the airplane is loaded into mission or so.
    * The current flight model is based on FOO FIGHTERs source with some edits by BorekS and allows to speed up the flying disc cca up to 520 kmh aprox, then it beginns shaking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bmw_fg_wall_01_wallp.jpg  

having unbelievable issues to edit the post content above (empty content)... it happen to me already some ime ago... not a browser fault.

anyway, the vertical/short takeoff designed aircraft the add-on is just released. as usually, the SOH Warbirds upload will come later.
    Last edited by BorekS; December 9th, 2018 at 03:40.

Blog Entries
    Got it downloaded and can't wait to try her out. Thank you for another interesting aircraft ! Interested to see how it works with a non-Ankor's shaders CFS3.Regards,Scott

Again, why would it not work properly without the shaders, I don't understand making a point of this?
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

I think Scott just means how it will look without Ankors... and it is a good question, always.

the effects and other features would work same of course, but I could tell a whole story when preparing the MiG-15 add-on right because shaders on / off, for example

I would note the problem with Arado 234 prerelease virtual cockpit relfex / shiness right because of Ankors on / off tweaks.

or I could present how "unwell" can look tweaked 3d model for Ankors without point to stock CSF3 installation config... latestly Andys *.m3d tweaks for Me P.1112 project

my personal suspicion is all the new CFS3 add-on releases and current wips widely uses the Ankor features, but still are they 100% CFS3 stock install (visually) usable too?

anyway, our flying disc readme says: "This add-on pack works at stock CFS3 install aswell, still some texture transparency issues may appear."

Perhaps it comes down to the difference between being usable, and looking nice.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    That is all i meant. So far i haven't found any problems with any of the newer aircraft i have installed. BorekS supplied alternate textures for AnKors shaders with the new Ar-234,which was nice, and it looks great in my non-AnKor's shaders ETO install. Optional textures seems to be the way to go,i can only guess,as i'm not too knowledgeable in this matter. Suffering with a laptop that doesn't support the shaders addon,so i'm stuck for the time being till i get a new rig that can handle it.

CFS3 BMW Flügelrad I V-1 add-on: 16 downloads

reallz not bad despite to the fact this thread is a three or four men show

Blog Entries
    Tested Fluegelrad and tested fine. Great work ! Looks fantastic ,and once you get a handle of it , it flies great. OUTSTANDING ! Thank you to all involved. Cheers,Scott

glad you like it, Scott, thank you
    I think the Flugelrad handling is easy to learn and gives fun. a solid parasite aircraft, bombing or attack ground targets ready

Downloaded, but it's still sitting in my download-directory, as I didn't find the time to install and test it so far. I don't fly CFS3 these days as much as I used to.

Anyway: thanks a lot for creating it, its' realy apreciated!

Blog Entries
    Pretty easy to fly and deadly on bombers to boot. Thanks for all the Luft'46 stuff. Really interesting aircraft. Keep it coming !Cheers,Scott

thank you

ok, the flying disc is freshly available at SOH Warbirds library, check here.

btw, current simhagar site mediafire storage downloads: 29 ...nice

so, as you can test yourself, the STOL/VTOL effect in CFS3 is possible to simulate.

I would glady try to build / test next another VTOL CFS3 concept yet, probably the german afterwar VJ 101 jet aircaft.

the engine gondola animation is easy to do with a gmax flaps tag, however, I would need some better flight dynamics comparing to the Flugelrad, having only one wish there - to get 800 - 1000 kmh stright fly speed, without /before shaking. any flight dynamics volunteer, please?

as "oponnent" could be then builded easy the Bell 188 or XF-109 its similar shape / constuction.

Interesting aeroplane Borek!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Easy to do??!! You're amazing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Briliant.

We need that for the "Luft46" era.

German skin obviously.

Kev

I was just trying to visualise the tilty engine takeoff as the gmax flap keyframe tag animation. same feature use the BMW Flugelrad for each of the 16 propeller blades.

for the MiG VTOL experimental aircraft Ive used a mixture of the MiG-15bis and BMW Flugelrad flight model config, made by FOOFIGHTER and Major, just added bigger engine thrust at the aircraft.cfg. that way it could work in base.

all the horizontal oriented airplanes with tilty engines, wings or helicopters are easy to do as vertical takeoffs in CFS3.

however, to simulate there a vertical takeoff of exotic aircrafts such as the Trieblfugel or the Pogo, would need opposite flight controll logic - in case they would start as the real ones.

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

SOH-CM-2020
    LOL, good find, Majormagee! The Russians and the Chinese seem to have put forward some weird and wonderful "weapons" at shows recently (eg hypersonic cruise missiles) but do they really work? Do the USA also indulge in trying to put the wind up the other super powers with fake (ie. not really functional) super weapons?

@ BorekS - good to see over 60 downloads of your BMW at SOH alone.

Members who have read this thread: 0