CFS3 VTOL / STOL aircrafts? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CFS3 VTOL / STOL aircrafts?

oh, yeah

todays work was related to testing how would look the propeller spining blades when tagged as flaps. the flaps are very imporant for our Flugelrad STOL flight dynamics, so I wanted to make it visualy noticable.
    ok, the flap-blade animation works fine, still there is a few things which with I am not happy at all, so I am not sure, if to implement it for the final release.

the two images below just presents flaps fully closed and fully open. note: its not the proper blade angle which it should be for our flying disc, it just presents 16 movable blades in action

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2016_12_20_0_43_39.jpg   enb2016_12_20_0_43_55.jpg  

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Awesome work ! Thank you !

bottom view shots presenting the spinnig flap-blades in action.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2016_12_21_22_33_15.jpg   enb2016_12_21_22_32_41.jpg  

a very first ingame footage of the early wip project stage leaked...

note: taken with smartphone, sorry for the low quality video.

building some decent interiror... first blood - just very first gauge planting steps.

a better resolution image here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2017_1_28_1_19_33_sm.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Who saw this coming? Amazing !! Awesome video and pit. Can't wait !! Thanks,Scott

well, with FOO FIGHTERs flight model support we managed at christmass 2016 to make relatively easy maneuverable aircraft, able to hover over the terrain with a very very small speed and if needed, able to quickly change its altitude up or down, and/or speed up to cca 650 km/h.
    now I have to finish the cockpit.

the CFS3 BMW Flugelrad just acts like a chopper/autogyro and so opens a new kind of combat actions

news: repainted interiror a bit...
    ok, a new image - just a small enemy factory visit, hovering speed cca 40mph... yeah (a larger image here)

@sixstrings5859: will send to you some test version soon, stay on, mate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2017_1_30_1_58_11_sm.jpg  

full flaps STOL takeoff, armed and dangerous!

full size image here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3_gf_takeoff_bf.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Big dummy me !! I didn't know that the landing gear could be retracted !! The pictures gave it away. Can't believe i did not think of this

it can be retracted, but no warning appears, no damage happen, if you forget this

the real flyig disc V-1 has no retractable gear, even not semi, nor any suspensions. the later version has...
    Ive added some kind of such animation just because I am finding it cool.

Blog Entries
    You are a Master in fun!!! Like the whole luft '46 stuff.

LOL glad you like it, Scott

ok, here is a few early shots presenting the updated skin paint, made by Bravo/4... a BIG THANKS for support, John!

note: a bit bigger resolution images available here: http://simhangar.nolimit.cz/main/in-...lugelrad-i-v-1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2017_3_13_20_11_52.jpg   enb2017_3_13_20_21_1.jpg   enb2017_3_13_20_30_52.jpg   enb2017_3_13_20_37_43.jpg   enb2017_3_13_20_40_50.jpg  

a few weeks ago Ive watched a tv documentary (nazi secrets related) where are short CGI animations presenting the Praque-Kbely mystery flying disc. glad to see they made the disc as our BMW Flugelrad looks like

unfortunatelly it is a czech language documentary, no subtittles, so nothing usable for most of SOH crew... anyway, YT link here. another Prague german flying disc documentary here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bmw_fg_tv_doc_02.jpg   bmw_fg_tv_doc_03.jpg   bmw_fg_tv_doc_01.jpg  

Blog Entries
    A barrel of fun !! Awesome new skin. Truly something i never thought i'd see. Where did they hold the fuel needed ? Must of had a short range unless it could carry external tanks. Thanks for this wonder weapon . Regards,Scott

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Where did they hold the fuel needed ? Must of had a short range unless it could carry external tanks.
    well, we are walking here on a thiny line between reality and a pure fiction, Scott ok, I personally think the main fuel content would be positioned left and right inside the main body. even maybe around the whole interior.

adding external tank so like any exnertnal gun loadout for our CFS3 versions is a sure thing

Hi to all, just sending a few new images from the project, skins by FOO FIGHTER

Borek you´re a "Must" ! It´s marvelous to see someone gifted like you putting such an hard commitment in this old Combat flight sim! As well as the others...
    Personally i´m still dreaming with a 4 engined Arado 234 for my 1946 what if missions...

Cheers you all

thank you

well, all my CFS3 projects are freezed now but the jet/propeller flying disc. FOO FIGHTER asked me a week back or so if he could release it with a few skins (they are wip sofar), revised flight model, helo dust effect etc., so Ive just fixed some small texture mapping things there and here.

the Flugelrad could have been used in a number of roles, from a recon aircraft to a night fighter... so we think it wouldnt be so unusable for CFS3.

image from my PaintKit tool attached.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fg_2018_01.jpg  

two more Flugelrad shots, presenting the aircaft hover tests. 1945, somewhere in a Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia (Czech Republic present day).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fg_2018_03.jpg   fg_2018_02.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Awesome news ! Thanks ! Regards,Scott

ok, just a pair of images presenting Flugelrad skin paint made by Bravo/4.

Ive tried to make some new skin with the Bravo/4 skin template.

Members who have read this thread: 1