Bartel by FFS

Thread: Bartel by FFS

Bartel by FFS

I downloaded the "Bartel" by FFS from two places Simv and AVSIM. Use the .EXE fill and send it directly to my main FSX file. Every loads as advertised, but when I open FSX and select the Bartel in any of it's 3 variations FSX shuts down. No blue screen nothin just shuts down. I am running FSX Gold Edition with Acceleration, I have tried with DX10 on and off no change. Anyone else have this problem ? Any suggestions short of the delete button ?
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

Hi T,
    I'd never heard of a Bartel so I checked it out. I downloaded it from Avsim and installed to a dummy FSX folder. I found the 3 aircraft variations in the dummy SimObject/Airplanes folder and couldn't locate any other files related to this install. I copied the 4a version to my real FSX. My default flight was cold and dark and the Bartel started right up. Flew around for awhile and no problems.
    This is a nicely detailed aircraft and aside from a prop strobing effect, which I don't care for, and a nose high attitude in level flight all seems just fine. I've never seen a metallic effect like this plane has elsewhere. Sorry I couldn't be of help with your problem.
    Jim F.

T-Square, I assume you are talking about the same model as the one in this thread: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ghlight=bartel .

A cause and solution in mentioned in post 12 of the thread.

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks Huub

That thread fixed them right up, and Jim that is kind of a different metallic effect, sort of grainy. Gives it kind of a hammered look.

T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

Members who have read this thread: 0