RTW 2017 Interest???

Thread: RTW 2017 Interest???

Hybrid View

RTW 2017 Interest???

Good Morning All,

I am putting this out just to gauge an interest in the RTW race for 2017? With about 90 days until the drop of the green flag (if there is a race), its a good idea to gauge interest in the race.

I fear if we do not get enough interest, there will not be a race at all, and there hasn't been a peep about it on any of the forums.

Drop a line here if you more then likely will be participating in the race this year. This is not an official sign up thread for this team..

Thanks,

I may be, it depends on two things : 1) if I can stabilize my FS2004 installation and 2) if the rules aren't too convoluted :-)

As a founding member of Team SOH I really enjoyed the early days of the RTW race but my interest waned when reading and interpreting the rules required a lawyer!

- dcc
    - -

SOH-CM-2016
    I have very little time available for FSX, but if the race is happening, I'll be there.
    Martin (FS RTW Race pilot 2009-19)
    Win7 x64 | MSI X79A-GD65 | Intel Core i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz | 16GB DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB

Oh who am I kidding? Of course I'll be there. If there is a race. Thing is, it may be time to look at some changes. I know there is a faction out there that is of the opinion that if we can't do it the way we've always been doing it, then we shouldn't do it. Well, we're there, aren't we? Almost nobody showed up for last year's race! If the trend we've been on for the past few years continues, we'll have three team members this year, and they won't be able to sleep for four days. I look forward to this about like smashing my thumb with a hammer (or a chair).
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

If you are looking for a rookie racer, I'm in. I've finally got a good PC, time available, and most importantly, a new espresso machine.
    I've also flown a lot of flights this year running Duenna to get a feel for it.
    Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.
    (Clarke and Clark)

Quote Originally Posted by CP1207 View Post
    If you are looking for a rookie racer, I'm in. I've finally got a good PC, time available, and most importantly, a new espresso machine.
    I've also flown a lot of flights this year running Duenna to get a feel for it.
    Thank you Sir; how I wish there were 5-7 more just like you :-)

As for my interest, if we can muster 12 pilots, I am in.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Members who have read this thread: 0